Zeta Toys - EX-05 Arc

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by cj37a, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    So I went and messed with this figure the other night out of boredom to determine how to do the Elita/Orthia head graft. Few ways I can see it being done:

1) Shave down Arc's ball joint so that it's a mushroom peg for the Orthia head to grab onto.
    2) Carve up the Orthia neck stump and pop it over the ball joint.
    3) Chop off the ball joint completely and just brute force glue the sucker on there.
    4) Pop off the neck, which removes with a little wiggling and install a mushroom peg/joint.

I went with Option 4, using some spare ball joint from a Hexa Gear model. I cut off some of the excess and shaved the post down to fit in the hole. It seats a little loose. Naturally, it does not Transform due to the head being too large to fit through the hole during conversion. However, it can partsform, as the head fits in the cavity where the old head was supposed to go.

Overall, I'm on the fence. The color difference is jarring, but the face, head, and height really make the figure look complete. A little redeco and she'd be a fine Elita. As it is, she just looks like a candidate for a Junkion Nancy who honestly works with a junky, incomplete altmode.

2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Im waiting for Cuddle Team leader to go on sale. I want to try the hands. The mcfarlane pegs fit in there.

3. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Try Ross. I saw a few in the sale bin for $10 when I went there pre-Christmas.

4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

There is some colour difference, but not big I think. I can totally use this as my Elita-1.
    elita1.jpg
    elita2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

6. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I received my replacement hair piece. Good to go...

Anybody know how to get that panel on the back of her arms off? I can't get shock oil down in there. Her bicep swivels wont move. I've tried hair dryer, water, spudger, wishes.

7. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

I have the original First Release from Toyworld... and the figure is decomposing, the plastic is cracking EVERYWHERE and i never play with her... the chest piece broke, the backpack tailfin plate that slides over her butt: Cracked, both elbows cracked and one fell into piece, the front white bumper cracked, it's CRAZY!

So I bought the Zeta Toon version with vibrant color. Hopefully this one will not degrade overtime on my shelf like the Toyworld version.

Here's a video of it :) 

• Like Like x 3
  8. JoelDavidChevallier

JoelDavidChevallier The Tenderloin Atelier

Does anyone know a good model painting service or if you are able to airbrush 3D printed parts, I’m dying to get this add-on to my Metallic Zeta Arc painted to match her. This fixes any issues I had with the mold. I wish Zeta would just produce these and put them out on the market for the buyers of their Arcs and Leia. I also just wanted to post some photos of this part I found (I think) on shapeways. Not sure how aware some of the Leia owners are of this fix. The fit is fantastic…the finish….well…. So close! 928536D0-A300-41AF-BB51-7B506A17723B.jpeg 630127FC-3999-462A-902B-8C98F15D5B9E.jpeg CB72C891-1117-4EBA-82B1-984FF949A1B1.jpeg E6ACEE46-E52D-4B97-914E-6224E5DA4E82.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Venzodd

Venzodd Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I know this is old, but just wanted to say what’s up to my fellow San Antonian. Just ordered ARC. It would be cool to have someone like Dr Wuu make an upgrade for the alt mode back end.

• Like Like x 1