Zeta Toys BB movie Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Are you interested

1. YES!!

2. eh.... could go either way.

3. NO, stay away from it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Replacement parts just arrived for shoulder assembly. Interestingly they sent me the correct shoulder piece but the incorrect intake piece.
    B5BAD876-7F55-4275-B2CD-A0C4B9D88F56.jpeg

2. markosoft82

markosoft82 Well-Known Member

Mine arrived last week and I haven't tried to transform him yet (and to be honest after reading this thread.... that might be a once only event!). But I'm having problems with the wings that came in the separate box, when I plug them they just flop around as if the pegs are too small for the holes. How are they meant to connect? Any review I've watched they're either already attached or they just seem to plug right in and stay firm.

Thanks

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, from what I’ve gathered, those that are getting replacement parts…nothing’s really fixed with the shoulder joint?

Thinking about getting this, and I normally just display in bot mode so I’m not as worried about the shoulder. But if it were a possibility they’d have a truly fixed shoulder joint, that would make it even better.

4. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    I’ll take a closer look at the replacement assembly, from the initial look I doubt anything is different from the faulty assembly.

5. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    mine wings are like yours too. They sent replacement , the newer parts have peg that fit in tight and snug. But i only receive one side. dunno if I can jusst glue the wing in and not affecting transformation

6. Abandoned America

Abandoned America Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Reading this thread after I just got him was helpful but disappointing. For a figure of this cost, dealing with reaaaaaally floppy wings and fins, and worrying that transforming him is going to break him is kind of the final straw with Zeta for me. I might still get their seekers since I have Neptune/Uranus/Pluto and they're fine, but their support as a company is nonexistent and I just don't feel like forking this amount of money over to get something with such poor QC. It's a shame because he *does* look good but the problems they're having really seem like some amateur hour stuff in terms of design. I had a lot of problems with the individual bots in Kronos also, so... yeah. No more Zeta for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    tried to transform today,....
    oh my fucking god.
    at least I knew it's doable , but man...

• Like Like x 3
  8. GaboCO316

GaboCO316 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really I hated the transformation at first but emgo's video is super detailed and if you do everything as he does without shipping steps it gets way easier (I now wnjoy UT more than MA's)

9. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    OF course it is better than MA , but a cumbersome transformation is cumbersome.
    So many place has to maneuver in a weird angle , combine with tolerance issue.
    Not to say it's the worst because I can see myself doing it again sometimes but definitely not an intuitive design.

• Like Like x 1
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it’s not that smooth but thankfully it’s a lot better than say, TW. I want to transform him again at least. The only issue is I’m scared of the arm flying off.... atm he’s a jet and idk if he’ll survive the trip back....

11. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    yep , transformed back to robot mode and damn arms fell off. Do the shoulder fix and tighten various places. Good for sure now.
    After tweaking parts into place , I think this is closest to 3A DLX version ambition and effort wise. Transformation is "cool" but not smart , especially the legs oh I hate them panels so much.
    But I know how to transform now. This is good enough for me until there is MPM version. I "like" it.
    20210627_030204.jpg 20210627_030154.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    20210627_082324.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just received this today from TCP. Anybody else have issues with this chest piece not snapping in?

Attached Files:

14. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Mine took a bit of force and the proper angle to get it clipped back in.

15. Manoleitor

Manoleitor Member

Did you discover if the problem was fixed? I've received my replacements parts today, but I'm afraid to open it.

16. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

What's the "fix" for the shoulder issue? Is it a fully reliable fix? (You said good for sure now, so I want to make sure that's what you meant!)

Still torn between Zeta & Mech Alliance on this character. Are the breakage issues with the Zeta version as bad as some are saying, or are they being overblown?

17. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

So I'm getting a "replacement" arm from Show.Z I'll see if it's any different than the one that feel off. I doubt it. I'll probably try to locktight/glue the screw for the shoulder in and hope that fixes it. Seems like people have had mixed success with that.

18. BeastOfTheEast

BeastOfTheEast "Come here, and say that!"

My Right wing also broke when I tried to rotate the root part into the correct orientation before plugging it in the back. Contacted my seller and sent him a picture. Will see if he can provide a replacement wing.

RWing2.jpg

19. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    MA Figure doesnt look good to me , deco is good but the smell is sooooo bad and tolerances can go to hell.
    Zeta is too hefty for its sake , material doesnt go very well with current tolerances issues which are places too tight and peg too snug to pull out.
    The whole arm shoulder assemble design is questionable because the whole arm will surely drop out of shoulder after rotation because it's the motion to unscrew.
    With this fix , you dead glue the screw onto its socket to stop the screw to be unscrew again.
    The details of fix can be find here. Just follow the guy instrcution

20. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Thanks for that!

Can anyone report on whether the joint is still strong enough after the fix to hold the arm up for poses?