Zeta legends scale Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, you're already justifying future purchases for yourself so some would say you're already a legends collector. You've got what it takes, kid.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Although I got these guys already, I'm in the same thought process as you on that point as my collection is mainly MS/ mft... EXCEPT im convinced (and I think I'm the only one) that the "new" company that is putting out the Ko stunticons and teased the ko of these is actually Jinbao on the down low, after they got threatened for ko'ing the NA seekers.

So if they follow suit of their KO stunticons, they'll make these Aerialbots in scale with their other ko releases which means they'll be in that legends ++ to match the rest, not fitting in for robot/alt mode with any MS releases, or even too big for MFT stuff (thinking they'll be more in scale with jinbao seekers as opposed to ms seekers, bigger than OP and the rest). Fingers crossed but thinking the KOs will be too big.

Also anyone who thinks another main legends company will tackle these eventually, I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath waiting. It's the blessing and the curse of legends. Sometimes one companys release of a figure spurs the others to get cracking on their version.... But the curse is that the other companies often skip ones for a long time that have been already done decent enough (for example MFT dinobots, minibots, Ms Menasor (na went silent on theirs after MS was such a big hit, etc).

4. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's very telling that DX9 (and the oversize knockoffs) are the only legends scale dinobots to date. They are damn near perfect. Slags flaky ankles being my only complaint. I don't think there is much room for improvement, if any. And they have been reissued a bunch of times, so they must have been very successful. At one point, I had two full sets of each size.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Who's to say Zeta won't cash grab themselves by releasing their own swimsuit separately.

BW is Machine Boy, which I believe is related to MFT. Not sure if Jinbao is in that mix.

If NA is smart, they will go back to their drawing board and make their Menasor unique from MST.

Although NA has completed Devy, I think people will still buy MST's version, since that is less of a pantsformer and has more complex transformation, so they're catering to a different taste.

How NA makes their Menasor different will be interesting to watch.

Waist swivels for the entire team would be nice, instead of only Snarl and a limited torso swivel for Grimlock.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Absolutely. There's plenty of room for improvement on the DX9/MFT dinos. I'd also like them to have a more enjoyable transformation - especially Slag with his weird leg transformation. I have to give them credit for giving Grimlock a transformation that hides his dino head, though. I don't think there's been any other Grimmys that have done that.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d personally like another set of dinobots, and definitely think the DX9 ones can be improved upon with better articulation (ankle tilts, waist swivels, ab crunches) in both modes, better engineering, and better looks. I could definitely see a company like MS make substantial improvements, and make a bulky, imposing set in their roided out style.

But, the market is flooded with them already so it’s a gamble if a new set would be successful.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Agreed on the improvement potential of the Dinobots. But what I foresee from the usual suspects are $80-$100 legends dinos, and I won't touch those wearing a bio suit manning a bomb squad bot from thirty miles away at that point. I got my five at $102 total. And they work very well.

Edit: to avoid confusion, I bought the legitimate DX9 5-pack and not the OSKOs.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    $80-$100 seems like a stretch to me, more like around $50-$60. But yeah, they’ll be quite a bit more than the cheap ass KOs everyone has.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

New Age figures like shockwave still sell at $55 on Show.Z when they first drop. And that one just came with a display stand and a couple of hands vs. Releases like Soundwave. And MS really isnt that far behind on pricing. I'd be surprised if they end up being less than $75 regardless of who made them.

11. HappyCryCat

HappyCryCat Well-Known Member

Yes, hence my "nevermind"

12. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    Yeah but a Dinobot doesn’t have a ton of accessories, just a gun and sword, maybe a crown. Why would they be more than a bot like Shockwave?

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Because the Dinobots would be MUCH bigger. And my point with Shockwave is he didn't come with a ton of accessories like prior figures and was still $55. (The seekers all came with a much larger, thicker base at $40+. Shockwave's is pretty thin in comparison.) Soundwave with his accessories and tapes was also around $52-$56.

I wouldn't mind being wrong. But the only thing I see making them drop prices would be more competition like Cang. And that's a ways off if it even happens.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  14. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Guess my wants are different. I would prefer to see things like waist swivel and ab crunch go away. They add complexity, cost and almost always look awkward when used.

15. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    I guess I didn’t see them being that much bigger, maybe Prime’s height or a little more like the scale chart. But yeah, if they’re huge they’d be more. I hope if they do them they’re not too huge, definitely not MFT size. Fanstoys had a good scale with their dinos next to prime, but yeah, you’re right they’re still big.

I still think DX9 grimmy is a good height, I’d like close to that but roided out MS style.

• Like Like x 1
  16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Most bots top out around $60, like ms megatron, who has a lot of accessories. You have your exceptions like the middle bots with combiner pieces but on average most are still in the $30-$50 range, with a lot of two-bot sets coming in around $70-$80 ($35-40 each). I don’t foresee massive price jumps but we’ll alway have those outliers. What did bee and cliffy cost, $70 for the pair? I especially love that I can get MFT bots even cheaper for the guys that need to be a smidge larger, like grapple/inferno.

with that said…
    Where the fug are my arcee/hound/dinobots, dammit.

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'd concede $70 at the lowest. But more wouldn't surprise me.

However, YES on more NA carbots of any kind (man how they abandoned that run).

18. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    $70 at the lowest for what?

19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if new dinos come out that are over 50 that would be an easy pass for me.

unless we get something that rivals the articulation and chrome finish of the MP bots i am out.

as it stands now the DX9/MFT bots are basically little versions of the FT set.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Sorry, $70 each for Dinobots. They'd be much taller than your standard commander-bot (Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvy, etc.), so I wouldn't expect them to be priced similarly.