Zeta legends scale Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Charlock

Charlock Scrap'em all and let Primus sort'em out!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It comes down to what's important to collectors and what the majority (seem to ) want. For MP and for these new Legends, it generally seems to come down to them looking accurate to the source material in as many modes as possible. That's the biggest priority these days. Transformation becomes more complex, articulation may be sacrificed, and homaging quirks of the G1 toy design become seen as little more than "nice-to-haves".
    Things like "no-partsforming" or "no fake-parts" are less important than the figure looking good. The majority of collectors seem happy to accept pants-forming, and piles of fake parts, and similar fakery so that the bots themselves look as good as possible.
    And there's nothing wrong with that, I personally am all in favour of it. I transform my figures occasionally, pose them rarely but for the most part they are display pieces on the shelf. When 80% of the purpose of the figure is that it's a display piece, then it looking good as a display piece is the priority.
    Zeta makes a great MP Superion and it probably wouldn't look as good had they taken a different path. It remains to be seen how much fakery FansToys will employ with theirs but whatever they do I'm sure I'll be fine with it.
    As for this Zeta Legends set, given the small size, more limited parts count and the fact that they are saving time and money by leveraging off their previous work, I'm pretty happy with how its turning out so far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've recently picked up Downthrust and the other mini-scaled Arielbot from Zeta and I'm loving these! I sincerely hope they continue in this scale and do other gestalts as the quality they are able to impart is amazing for how small these are!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Mixed feelings out of the box. My one jet has battle damage. Also the front doesn't sit flush. Also the rear stabilizers doent have friction points and flop up and down. On the other does anyone else have a major gap? Plus they feel real light compared to other figures. I do like the metallic blue tail fin. That face......
    20210923_185632.jpg 20210923_185622.jpg 20210923_185610.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  5. Littletree666

Littletree666 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous, I see everyone getting their copies and mine have been stuck in new jersey, and hour from my house, for a week with no movement. /end rant

6. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Damn I guess that's the growing pains of an MP company trying to step into the legends market. My Air Raid didn't come with any battle damage, the stabilizers have a bit of friction point and are tight, not floppy and the front sits flush.

My Skydive doesn't have that giant gap like yours, maybe a bit but not as noticeable as that. Although the front of my skydive doesn't sit as flush as it should. It's like the pegs that lock into the slots are just a fraction too big so they don't push all the way down, but not that bad.. sorry to hear you got some jacked up ones. Ordered from a retailer for easy return on battle damaged Air Raid or you bought from ebay/Ali?
    PXL_20210924_051521735~3.jpg

Also about the weight feeling light, I just weighed them and they're 1.8 and 1.9 oz. Put a few others I have on the scale right after like motormaster, the MS seekers, MFT octane, shockwave and Soundwave and they're all 1.9 oz also. Ms op is only 0.2 heavier, the constructicons a whole 1 oz heavier but Perceptor is only 1oz total and the stunticons limbbots all lighter than the aeribots. So they seem on target for the same weight as other legends.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Finally got around to playing with these two guys… I really like them. Beautiful jet modes, good bot aesthetics, good articulation (waist swivel, bicep and thigh swivel etc all there). Their cockpits even open!!

Plastic quality feels nice and dense, not brittle, very similar to Newage, and paint is really nice on the chests, cockpit, face. Not gummy like MS, not brittle and light like IF. All in all, classy. My only complaints are that the peg holes in the hands (to hold guns) and the pegs that hold the cockpit and tail section together on my F-16 are very tight, but you can push them together without risking it and it holds in bot mode without being noticeable.. I might file them down a bit. And my wingtips in both jets don’t quite flatten to be flush and perfectly straight to the mid wings.. but it’s barely noticeable, again, maybe some very light filing would help but I doubt I will.

Very nice figures overall, very nice next to Newage, I’ll definitely be getting the rest of them. Go go go!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody know when can we expect the next bots to roll out? I'm ready for more!

9. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I like the idea of this set, but Zeta's been quiet on so many projects I really don't want to collect this if I have no idea when the other ones (especially the torso bits) will release.

I just want Superion...

• Like Like x 1
  10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
  11. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's the fexthobby sets

12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guys were on their way together right up until the end when they got separated so now I've got Skydive but I'm still waiting on Air Raid. I really like him but I'm concerned the combined mode is gonna' end up smaller than NA's and MST's.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    About a hour before leaving home got a notification they would be arriving within a time bracket of a half hour to two hours. Had my jacket already on looking for my keys and they arrived. Couldn't leave the house without getting them out of the package. Had forgotten they came in plane mode so I couldn't place them among their non flying Autobot bretheren.

Don't care about partsforming if the combined mode is stable. Not against an all-in-one but from what I've seen the bot mode, which for me is the most important, aren't accurate enough to the cartoon for me.

14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Air Raid arrived today to join um... the other one (Skydive I think - I always mix up the Aerialbots). He's good, nothing wrong with him. Good paint apps and all that. Tiny bit of overspray on the cockpit but I never would've noticed if I hadn't gone looking. I like the transformation engineering, particularly the way the sides of the torso fill in automatically when you pull out the arms.

But all in all, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. They're a little on the small side - NA seeker size rather than the correct MST seeker size. $40 isn't outlandish for a legends figure these days but I can't help but think how, if these were MST figures, they'd cost the same - maybe $5 more - and they'd have double jointed elbows and knees, no forearms holes, they'd have ab crunch, and they'd have wrist swivel. Not so long ago it wouldn't have even occurred to me to complain about figures like this but also not so long ago, Legends figures were going for $10-15 less. And I mean I know I have nobody to blame but myself - the photos weren't deceptive and I knew what I was getting - but having them in hand is just underwhelming. I don't think I'll be able to resist getting the rest but I'd be kidding myself if I said I won't replace them the instant MST does a set of Aerialbots.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  15. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I hear ya, got mine at bombusbee $69 shipped total, so a bit easier to accept than $80 and I for one absolutely love them.. I also wish they were MS seeker size but at the same time, Zeta seems to have aimed at the NewAge market with these, so how dare they market to another size outside the one I collect!!!

Lack of wrist swivel, ab crunch etc is Zeta growing pain + cash grab into a market they're not familiar with yet and don't know what legends collectors expect with how far (MS, NA, IF, MFT) have pushed the bar with features.

But like you said, at the end of the day when MS drops theirs I'll flip mine to an NA collector and replace them.. But I've also learned around here, there's always something wrong with legends in ppls eyes and always some sort of complaints.

You might seem disappointed in these zeta now but I'm sure when MS drops theirs, (if they drop theirs), ppl will voice their complaints that they have sprue marks, the material sucks and they're not the right color with derpy faces.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Clyde the Jackal

Clyde the Jackal I'm not toon accurate

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just got these guys in today from Baba for $38.60 each. Pretty happy with em. They fit in really well with New Age figs as we all know. Thought I'd post some comparison shots.
    20210925_220309.jpg 20210925_220054.jpg 20210925_213808.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  17. Clyde the Jackal

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Couple more tidbits. My Air Raid has some chipping on the hip flaps and sloppiness on the red in his knees. The backpacks are pretty huge though that just comes with the territory for Aerialbots. You can unplug the blue tail fin from Sky Dive to slim him up a bit. One last thing I think is neat, the thruster effect parts from New Age Seekers fit Skydive if you're into that. 20210925_221551.jpg 20210925_221527.jpg 20210925_220110.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I got mine too. For the amount I paid, I love them. They don't have all the bells and whistles in articulation as a New Age figure, and this proves I've never really needed it. What they do have is more than plenty. Transformations are straight forward. Details are just right.

My main issue surround the feet, as some have mentioned. They're too low and don't line up with the back of the plane that touches the ground (basically, their heels). They can kind-of stand on just the feet if you position them right, but they're meant to land back on those plane areas, and it just makes them look like they're leaning back just a touch. Still, with that being said, it's not the worst look. And they're super stable when standing, something to note when considering their backpacks.

At this point, I almost want the combiner parts to be a separate package now. So I can buy the five Aerialbots and say screw it to the combiner mode. Tired of seeing so many companies pull off non-pantsforming combiners just fine, and then legends have to play that game, or worse. And even though I truly don't mind a few extender or assistance parts (think Iron Factory Bruticus and the upper body), or even a chest plate that clicks over the main bot, when he's not even necessary to the combiner, it just defeats the purpose. I don't need them to look "just like the cartoon," because even my 7-to-8-year-old self back then knew better and imagined something more detailed outside of the cartoon. At this point, I just want my five-member team. I'll be perfectly fine displaying them in bot mode anyway. Except for the times they come out of the shelves to be jets again (and that's going to happen a lot). Unless the set is cheap enough, which I doubt considering (if it were separate) it would have the hands and feet as well.

Or, I may just buy a Silverbolt off someone who doesn't want him because he'll just keep the set in combiner mode.

(P.S.--not meaning to take away from anyone here who is getting exactly what they want. Totally get what people are looking for and why, and this set definitely pulls that off for them.)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  19. Clyde the Jackal

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I' m super cool with pantsforming/partsforming whatever myself. I generally like my toys to have the look of the original toys as well over toon accuracy in most cases.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Kind of (in a weird way) the same. Extra hands, feet, a chest plate. And like I said, some extra parts or even just the pants (which the last part I'm just trying to 'get used to'). I just don't need the whole body done up in lieu of the main guy.

• Like Like x 1