Zero Punctuation - War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fit For natalie, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I can see where you're coming from. I'll elaborate.

I've been doing this long enough to have achieved a full enlightenment as to how silly it looks to outsiders. Stopped caring over a decade ago. Don't care what the outsiders think, not going to expend energy acting like a zealot soapboxing for converts. There are those who enjoy writing, the art of persuasion, and want to talk to everyone they know about how cool Transformers are. I give them their due. But to me that just seems like a fuck-ton of work. I spent six years of my life writing papers, thank you very much. :lol 

Spending time trying to get other people into Transformers is time I could better spend discussing the toys, rewatching an episode or grinding WFC. My free time is actually pretty limited so I pick my battles, by not picking most of the battles. :) 

I'm here to enjoy the robots, and that includes parody and mockery of the robots. The review was made strictly for the lulz and it's in that spirit I accept and enjoy it. No different than Smoov videos, other than Smoov knows the property.

Someone saying "Transformers sucks because they look like a washing machine fighting a toaster" doesn't exactly shake my faith. Instead, I'm entertained.

Hope this helps.

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    That is a hugely entertaining review, pretty much what I expected. :D  Anyone feeling butthurt is completely missing the point of Zero Punctuation.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    He was pretty on the nose with most of of what I personally found lacking. If you're gonna rip off the Gears of War approach, go all the way and include the cover system.

As always, I may disagree with Mr. Croshaw about many of his reviews (Mass Effect 1 & 2 most strongly) but I've never found him unfunny.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Fantastic, well-written post. I'm in the same camp. Undersigned.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zero Puntuation reviews are best watched every now and again, and when its about something you already don't like. So, I can take this review in stride, but if I watch a few reviews in a row, it starts getting tiring and the negativity loses its comedic appeal.

6. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Meh, he was snarky and stuff, but oh well. I really haven't seen his other videos, and I (regretfully) haven't bought WFC yet. For those of you who like his style, good for you. Just not my taste I guess.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same here.

I have, and will continue, to love Yahtzee's hilariously insulting video game reviews. Because he calls a game I like shit will not stop me from watching them. (he's already done Halo 3 anyway) I love Zero Punctuation and every bit of the ass-crazy words and phrases he makes up.

And some of the Sillent Hill games.

8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I was waiting for Yahtzee to do a WFC review, and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed. :lol 

9. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So was I, but I figured after the mention of the game a few weeks ago would have been the only time he would have even talked about it.

10. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Ok, so to anybody nerd raging over this, it's freaking Yahtzee! His job is to bash the everloving SHIT out of every popular game out there. Why is this his job? Cause he's damn good at it, and it's entertaining!

I love watching his reviews :p 

11. Shiny Tan

Shiny Tan BRITZWING

I like Yahtzee, but i've found some people who follow his word as truth and either get really offended, or really think the game is awful/perfect. Those are the dangers of internet sarcasm.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess so. :sly: 

13. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    My reaction to Yahtzee was the same one I had to every other troll on the internet; amusement at first, slowly eroded away by the unrelenting cynicism of the whole thing.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yahtzee isn't a troll.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I personally think WfC is awesome for a Transformers game, but the review's points were pretty valid. I for one thought the review was hillarious, really overboard but so much so that I couldn't help but laugh. I looked at some other ZP reviews and thought those were funny too. I can understand why some people are taking offense at the bashing delivered onto the game, but really I find being able to make fun of something you love helps make it more enjoyable.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It's a gag. It's what he does. He's not trolling, he's playing out a character he's dreamed up - the persona of the angry, unrelenting video game nerd. Kinda like William Shatner playing the Priceline Negotiator - it's a parody of himself, and it's ostensibly a running joke.

17. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Holy Crap, I could barely make out what he was saying he was taking so fast...

But yeah, I thought his review was funny, even though I disagree with him on how good the game is.

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I guess some people are just incapable of "getting it".

19. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    This is the point -> .

This is where you are x

You have missed the point.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I watched it a little. I was not entertained. Nor was I offended. Neither do I appreciate videos where the reviewer talks quite fast.

I could see he was trying to offend but he came across as juvenile; like a twelve year old insulting his father's hobby. At least when the AVGN, the Nostalgia Critic and the Nostalgia Chick reviewed Transformers in whatever form, I was amused and enjoyed watching them.

As for Yahtzee, if the point was to quickly come to the conclusion that he is an unlikeable jerk which would have wasted my time if I watched the whole video then I got the point. Didn't have to be a Transformers video. Any of his videos would have done the same to me even if I did personally dislike the videogame as well.