Zavvi canceling European orders for HasLab Victory Saber set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nemesis Scourge, Dec 23, 2022.

1. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Oh that’s sucks so hard. Especially when you’re looking forward to it. I’ve never heard of. The company but trust with consumers is definitely damaged

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    waiting over a year for this shit to happen...damn

3. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    Should we be promoting an "Avoid this Vendor Campaign" as they do have roots in the US as well?... Zavvi USA

• Like Like x 8
  4. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

The only reason I've heard of them is because I'm on Slickdeals a lot and zavvi usually has the steepest discounts on Lego but the comments section often mention problems with them.

5. Arne79

Arne79 Member

shit-crap.gif

After contracted zavvi support it is the only thing I can say about this store. I never thought I could be worse than german post support but it really, really happened.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This would not be the first time Zavvi has fucked people over.

I know this isn’t likely to be anything Hasbro had any control over, but provided Zavvi gives them the money, it would be cool if they would agree to do a second run for the people hit by this. Just a good will gesture.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quite likely, but Hasbro has been canceling orders as well, like Minerva and Galaxy Shuttle. So we can't completely rule them out either.

8. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

Same thing as toys that never mad at this scale haha. ;) 
    Im sorry but i think these would sell at retail. I mean i never saw jetforce/skyfire at retail except, naturally, when i didnt have the money to get him. Yes he was in the old toon, but for what….2 episodes? Yet he sold like mad. So i think that something like victorysaber and deathsaurus WOULD sell at retail just on their cool factor alone. At the very least make em fanchannel releases so regular folk could have a chance at em.

9. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You are correct, we currently do not know what role Hasbro (Pulse) is playing here. For me at least, it is the fact that this happened on a HasLab product!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Hasbro corporate will not allocate budget to do these figures at the level Haslab can for a retail market, and retailers are probably not okay with supporting a price point between Commander and Titan. Deathsaurus was going to be retail, but moved to Haslab so they could do more with him.

Victory Saber through retail likely wouldn’t have the brainmaster, would have simplified engineering, less paint, and less creative articulation solutions like the way Star Saber’s double butterfly joints work.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently I'm one of the few lucky, as I got my Starsaber from Zavvi. I'm in france. It arrived two days ago.
    To be honest, I never heard of them before StarSaber, I did place my order on them because it has been advertised on tf2005 news as solution to get Saber in France and I was too afraid to miss it to wait another alternative.

However, I wasn't very happy about their communication on the whole thing, so I found another sourcefor deathosaurus. I see now it was a wise choice

• Like Like x 6
  12. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not exactly comparable here. With those Hasbro pulse orders it could be down to factors like them not being able to source enough stock so close to Christmas, which is a busy time period. Those figures can be gotten again easily from Pulse at a later date or at other retailers currently. This can happen with stores.

Haslab Victory Saber on the other hand is a made to order item that's one and done and it's on Zavvi who should've made sure they requested the proper amount of stock. The stock they requested is their responsibility and Zavvi had plenty of time to make sure they had enough.

Dragging Hasbro over the coals for Zavvi's absolute incompetence without all the facts and bringing an unrelated situation into this isn't going to really help.

Not saying Hasbro shouldn't do something nor respond to the situation but still.

Also about the situation, I got my Victory Saber from Zavvi on Monday so I'm one of the lucky ones but still annoyed and feel sorry for many fans who didn't get theirs. Definitely not using Zavvi anymore that's for sure.

• Like Like x 8
  13. BeanZilla

BeanZilla #1 fan of Soundblaster

News Credits:
    This is insane :jawdropper: 

14. uranimusprime

uranimusprime Well-Known Member

Complete speculation on my part but I\'m wondering if the reason could be due to faulty product having to be replaced. Myself and a friend that ordered this both have issues with the paint apps and we have both created support cases with Hasbro. A rep that I spoke with on the phone all but admitted they had a lot of issues with this toy. I would assume they produce a certain percentage specifically for replacements but maybe there are more issues than they anticipated with this figure and are having to pull from regular stock as a result?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    While I've never bought and toys from Zaavi, they did buy my favorite boutique Blu Ray publisher and watched QC drop hard after.

I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY 4K DONNIE DARKO REPLACEMENT DISK ZAAVI!

So I'm inclined to believe they're the ones in the wrong here over Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I literally just said that it was likely all on zaavi, but it would be better to wait for all of the facts before assuming Hasbro is totally blameless. Sorry for interrupting the two minute hate.

17. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll only add something as buyer : they didn't made me pay for the preorder.
    I did pay on shipping, which did sounds strange for me for this kind of product based on participations.

So more than theories about employees becoming scalpers etc, I'm more inclined to believe they're just a bit stupid/amateur and didn't book enough of these, probably believing there's would be more than backed available.

18. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are in the UK you most likely ordered through Pulse UK. This is mostly affecting fans in EU who font have access to Pulse

• Like Like x 1
  19. Arne79

Arne79 Member

In my opinion hasbro named zavvi as official distributer for haslab campaigns in the EU at this time so they have to make sure everything work too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They wouldn’t do that.
    Legally, they couldn’t do that.