Your worst Transformer purchase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Apr 5, 2015.

1. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Worst purchase I ever made was for a broken g1 sinner twin that had his and the gun for abominus. Over paid but I needed the guns

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Fall of cybertron Bruticus, he looked cool at the time but the longer i had him the worst he got, now i have to ether by the MMC onslaught, or sell him and hope CW bruticus is better

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I have no doubt that CW Bruticus will be better than FOC version.
    Even though, I do like the FOC, I can totally understand why some ppl don't like it.
    I have the G2 version with those ridiculous colors, I had to have that.

4. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have no idea about the exclusive. I don't do repaints. also if you are real careful you should be ok and maybe the later versions are better.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the Japanese Import of FIre Convoy a week before they announced RiD. So I spent 100 bucks on Fire Convoy that if I waited a few months I could've gotten him for 20

• Like Like x 1
  6. TubbyChasis

TubbyChasis Doofy-ass Smilebot

For me it'd have to be Generations Goldbug. Got him the same day I got the Waspinator from the same line. For some reason, he just feels like he's going to break anytime I try to transform him, and his leg joints are all kinds of fucked up when it comes to posing him. Though I feel that in comparison, I think I dodged a bullet with the original Bumblebee mold of this figure.

7. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    I totally second that. I could never have been ready for how piss poor the wuality on that set was. Those knees on the ratchet mold were horrendous. Luckily I had bought it for cheap so I could sell it for the same price locally.

A few more I really hate that i paid money for:

Alterators Prime (terrible to transform and looks like garbage)
    Alternators Dead End (those feet and that chest :puke: )

And that KO Prime Abominus in takara colours. What a piece of junk.

8. Rushin Panther

Rushin Panther Secret Police

Worst purchase I made was paying $180 for a Masterpiece Grimlock early last year. Said it was complete but didn't come with the crown. Later in the year, they rereleased him for $90 for AOE. Not impressed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Armada Scavenger.. Honestly, aside from it making noises that kept my niece giggling, why the heck did I get that guy? Sheesh..

• Like Like x 1
  10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen .... o crap. I can't remember his name anymore. The gold helicopter that looks like turds in robot mode.

11. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I'd have to say anything from Titaniums other than Rodimus Prime (particularly Sackwave and that GI Joe Megatron).

I'm actually gonna go with MP Megatron as another. Between his spindly limbs; the fact that his shoulder ratchet isn't strong enough for him to hold up his cannon; the cosmic rust on his feet; and his fiddly, difficult, at points outright scary transformation, this figure completely wasn't worth its premium price.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the moment I'm very unhappy with CW Brawl, but at least he has functions outside of being an aggressively disappointing robot.

Historically, I'd have to go with most of my Universe purchases. That line came out during the earlier, less wise days of my adult collection and I used it to pick up a lot of Beast-era characters I didn't have. They are all in the bottom of a box now because I haven't had the energy to dig them up and get rid of them.

I also have a copy of Revenge of the Fallen on dvd that I've never even watched and deeply regret purchasing in hindsight.

13. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Worst purchase was Hasbro Masterpiece Rodimus. I bought it aftermarket at double the price in the summer of 2014. He was my first Mp since Mp 1. I had him for nearly a week when I decided to take him out of the box.
    As I carefully removed him, his left arm stayed behind in the blister pack.
    My heart sank! After trying all kinds of fixes, I finally got a replacement shoulder. To this day, his arm is limp and not fully assembled due to not being able to successfully push the pin all the way through.

14. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would that be the Channel 7 News helicopter ...Blazemaster?

He is definitely .... ew! You have my sympathies ha ha:) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

I have to say in 29 years of owning tfs generations doubledealer is literally one of my worst.

Shoulder problems as expected, nosecone doesn't connect properly, head gets stuck when you push it down, bits fall off left right and centre, head actually fell off and the loose hips make him look like he's teetering all the time.

Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    Which of the 2? The one that turns into a tank or the ones that just lies down?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    I was new to collecting and desperate for a Bruticus at a time when both G1 and FoC were super high priced for some reason. Found someone on Reddit selling a "professional custom painted" FoC Bruticus for a semi-affordable price. Impulse bought it, but when I got my hands on it several weapons were missing, and the paint job was a lot worse in person. It rubs off and feels tacky, all the tabs were fucky from the paint, and none of the figures could transform. Total waste and the person I bought it from went incommunicado.
    THEN I ordered an RiD Ruination from someone on the boards here, and it got lost in the mail.
    Finally broke the Bruticus curse (Bruticurse?) by swapping the purchase locations around; got an FoC with Boosticus here, and a Ruination from Reddit. Considering how much I paid for them, I count those first two attempts as my shittiest purchases.

18. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Star Wars Transformers Han Solo and Chewbacca Millennium Falcon.

First off, Chewbacca's my only GPS victim, and his bronze parts broke straight out of the packaging. And even then, the toy is very hard to transform with a lot of stiff joints and lots of stressful partsforming, made worse by how parts like the sonar dish won't stay on.

19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Prime Airachnid...

Back when Prime was on television me and my Nephew saw Airachnid on the show and we were really wanting her in plastic form (even though my Nephew doesn't collect or own any TFs). Then one day I heard that Airachnid was getting a deluxe figure, I told my Nephew and we were giddy over this. So, one day we are at Walmart with my mom and we see one lone Airachnid on the peg. In the end I was the one who got her and my Nephew got Soundwave, can you guess who got the better deal?

Not even others like ROTF Deluxe Blades (Came with Hot Spot), ROTF Superion Maximus, or DOTM Leader Bumblebee can top this turd as terrible purchases.

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    An ko devastator from big lots.

• Like Like x 1