Your worst Transformer purchase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That's crazy! He's a beautiful figure and worth quite a penny! What a tragic waste.

2. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know if it counts as a purchase for this mold specifically, but I bought the two-pack from the Universe line that included a repaint of him as Treadshot.

I was buying it for the Ultra Magnus repaint of bendimus prime, which was pretty cool, if a bit underwhelming (I hadn't realized how small a figure the mold was).

Anyways, Armada had some real bricks, but that Sideswipe mold is, without a doubt, the worst "modern" transformer figure I've seen. I was tempted to toss him in the recycling, but held on to it in case I ever decided to re-sell the pair as a set (which I did). I don't think I've ever seriously considered that for any other figure.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If you can get Energon Ultra Magnus (the Overload repaint), then Bendy Magnus takes on a whole new level of cool. Yes, he can tow the trailer in truck mode while the two minicons become Targetmasters. You can think of Ultra as the cab and Magnus as the muscle-y trailer-bot when in robot mode.

4. Gaigaan Dnok

Gaigaan Dnok King of Daikaiju

Pretty much this.

Classics was what truly got me back in to Transformers, so when the first two waves were done, and Classics ended, I was twitching for more Transformers. So I grabbed some of the movie figures. They held my interest for about a day before I really regretted buying them. Didn't much like anything about them.

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Supreme Cheetor at retail.

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah the Armada "Bendy Prime" mold gets a lot more love then it deserves ~ it was really only good in contrast to the rest of Armada, which was just THAT bad. but he was articulate, had a pretty great Prime headsculpt and nice reich colors, his gimmick didn't ruin the figure (it also barely worked) and one of the few actually useful Minicons.

Otherwise, he didn't really do anything that Laser Prime hadn't done far better nearly a decade earlier ~ Better proportions, better vehicle mode, better gimmick (that said, Bendy Prime certainly takes him for the deco:: it's ASTONISHING to me that to date, between Universe 1.0, Platinum and various other catch-all lines we've never gotten the laser Prime Mold in G1 colors. Seems like such low-hanging fruit and it's a GREAT mold)

7. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a third party Cybertron-altmode Sunstorm on clearance for my girlfriend. Just arrived yesterday. I took it out and the plastic didn't feel like a Transformer at all. It felt like one of those cheap knock offs they used to sell at Big Lots. The thing fell apart like one as soon as I took it out of the box as well. I didn't bother trying to transform it. I just hated the feel of the whole thing. I'm going to assume all third party toys aren't this bad, but I'm not buying one blind again.

8. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am kind of regret getting the Warbot Defender. After the Generations Springer came out I was like, toss this thing in a box and forget about it.

9. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

DOTM Deluxe Ratchet, that toy is a piece of crap.

10. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know what, I've been thinking about this one and I just don't know if I regret any of them? All the TFs I have I like well enough, and I don't buy a whole ton of them as it is, so my odds of buying one I dislike aren't great.

I think the closest I have would be either MP Sunstorm or Rattrap. I bought them both because I found them in the wild, and while I didn't want them super bad I was afraid they were gonna be rare, and...well, Sunstorm looks really cool in robot mode so that helps, but Rattrap just kinda...sits there.

11. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about this one too. What comes to mind is the first release TF:p rime Ultra Magnus (the one with the flat cab), Thundertron, and TF:p rime Rumble.

Magnus made it to the shelf for about a week, and Thundertron and Rumble have never made it to the shelf.

12. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

So I just remembered... I've got a ROTF Scalpel... somewhere... Yeah...

13. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Agreed - the only one I can think of is Prime RID deluxe Bumblebee/Hot Shot...I got them for cheap at Five Below, and the auto morph feature with the head just didn't work, so I felt like I wasted my money.

14. Lantern48

Lantern48 Banned

Generations Blitzwing.

All sorts of QC issues: tabs that won't go into place; head won't fit in the cone correctly; shoulders that won't lock; lots of gaps; puny gun that looks like it belongs to a minibot; etc.

15. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Oh, man - I thought he was the best movie Ratchet figure!

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    The TF GO! Combiners.

I was one of ardent supporter of that series & it's toyline. Now a few years down the road the toys have been tossed inside my cupboard and gathering dust.

17. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

I agree. Though Optimus Prime wasn't great. I think that because of the Masterpiece line, Alternators don't hold up quite as well as they did.

Having said that, I still think that they are responsible for the fine quality of the Masterpiece car line we are currently enjoying. Without Alternators paving the way and setting the standard, Masterpiece figures would definitely not be as great.

18. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Do you own him? If not here's why I think he's the worst Ratchet figure granted I don't own Voyager Ratchet but where he might be the least accurate he at least has a good size to him, ROTF Ratchet has the most accurate robot mode but a completely different vehicle mode but his figure still has great articulation. Dotm Ratchet has these horrible crab claws for hands that have one slight tilt for articulation he has horribly hindered legs, the one i own which is the red one just looks like a knock off due to it's horrible paint apps (mainly that awful gold part) the only thing he beats rotf ratchet in is vehicle mode but if vehicle mode accuracy means a figure that's hindered in articulation like that then no thank you, if he had been a voyager i'd have overlooked his shortcomings.

19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I used to own him (sold him two years ago with the rest of my movie figures), but I never had the RotF deluxe Ratchet. I thought DotM looked better in both modes as I thought RotF was too skinny, but I still think you're right about the negatives against the DotM. I had the '07 voyager mold, too, and it's size and chunkiness were cool but it was really inaccurate.

What made me feel better about adding DotM Ratchet to my collection was the scene at the end of DotM where Ratchet stands next to Bumblebee after Sam gives his gf a ring - Ratchet is the same height as Bumblebee! After repeated viewings of the first three flicks I realized the movies are about as consistent as the G1 cartoon in terms of scale!

20. Lantern48

Lantern48 Banned

Just got a Classics Ironhide for the first time and he is a complete and total wreck. I take back saying Generations Blitzwing is the worst. Nope. He's bad, but Classics Ironhide (and I'm assuming Ratchet) takes the cake.

Terrible looking alt mode. Robot mode that has a head staring at the ground and a backpack that was designed by sea-monkeys. His arms easily come out of the sockets. And last but not least, he's annoying as hell to transform into truck mode.

Why did Classics Ironhide cross the road?
    Because he's a joke.