Your Wants & Features for Figures in the Future

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SecretWyvern, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Voyager or Leaderclass Airachnid. Hell, at this point, I'll take a decent 3P Airachnid.

As for accessories, blast effects and more blast effects. I'm talking all kinds of shapes and colors.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Every named Seeker from the Siege mold:

Dirge
    Thrust
    Ramjet
    Sunstorm
    Sandstorm
    Black Out
    Nacelle
    Bitstream
    Hooligan
    Space Case
    Wingstun
    G2 Ramjet
    AM Thundercracker
    Retail release Skywarp
    Botcon colours Hot Link

Modern updates of the Pretender INNER robots like Titans Return Metalhawk.

Spychangers as Retools of Siege Sideswipe.

Titans:

Tidal Wave
    Astrotrain
    Broadside
    Cyclonus/Armada

Retail release of the cancelled Actionmaster set from Botcon though I'd settle for Sprocket and Skyfall.

A Seeker Titanmaster so I could convert the Nitro Zeus repaints into Seekers.

3. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I loved the wfc style, but man it gets boring after a while getting that normal figure that’s just a new sculpt etc, I want gimmicks to come back in someway, CYBERKEYSSSS, or minicons, idk man like the new line needs something to spice it up because that’s what I feel like is missing, figures rarely have fun gimmicks now.

i need a thunderwing, garatron is too hard to find nowadays and that generations one is getting on up there, commander class would be good I think, maybe smaller. but tbh I have been burned out a little lately, I find myself after older figures like vintage scorponok or Botcon apelinq, stuff with gimmicks because it keeps it Interesting, only when it compromises a figure is when it makes it bad. I’m not intrested in legacy except dragstrip and bulkhead. but this has given me opportunities to look into other fields of tf I forgotten existed

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

I understand the dissapointment around the Prime redesigns, but I wouldn't go that far. I do agree that redesigns need to keep key aspects while also being in a unified style (and no, that doesnt mean bulkhead had to be a box). There will be missteps but I want to see Legacy's first year in full before making a judgment call.

As for the Armada stuff, part of it comes down to design philosophy. The Armada toys heavily prioritized kid appeal while WFC/Legacy is more collector oriented. So while I want the easy gimmicks like Starscreams swords, I understand that not all of them are going to make it over.

5. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Where do I start?

-Better plastic. Every Transformer toy I've owned that was after the era of Generations (2010) and Prime RID felt cheap. The use of cheaper plastic just leads to an increase in quality issues and it annoys me. Doesn't help that the prices keep going up, but I understand the reasoning why. Not real confident those prices will go down in the near future, though.
    -Just keep doing the reissues of the original Beast Wars toys. Kingdom to me was a disappointment.
    -If we're continuing the Generations line, go back to the Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations (2010) aesthetic for G1 characters. Same characters but with updated vehicle and robot modes for the 21st century instead of shoving the Sunbow designs down our throats for the umpteenth time.
    -Human figures like what fschuler said. Honestly I think it's time.
    -A good reason for me to collect toys again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see advanced versions of mech alive and automorph return

• Like Like x 1
  7. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    Is this the wishlist thread for people to come to in all the other threads that somehow turn into wishlist threads?

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    've said nearly the same thing in all these threads...but here goes...

G1 - Needlenose, Omnibots, Throttlebots, Headmaster Jr.s, Triggerbots, Triggercons, Bugly, Finback

Japanese G1- Landcross, Grandus, Goshooter, upsscaled micromaster combiners (the "six"teams) and their blind box / KB counterparts, Dino cassettes

UK G1.5 - Clench, Skyquake, Pyro, Thunderclash, The Predators, The Turbomasters, The Aquaspeeders, The Stormtroopers, The Lightformers

G2 - Megatron, Dreadwind, Accelerators, Skyscorchers, Cyberjets, Laser Rods, Rotor Force, GoBots, Hero Prime

BW - Manterror, Jetstorm, Torca, Transquito, Cybershark (and all his variations), Silverbolt, Quickstrike, TM Tarantulas, TM Cheetor, Magnaboss, Tripredacus

MW - The full cast...c'mon, it's only 12 figures lol...

BW2 / Neo - Unicron, his heralds, The Destrons, Lioconvoy, Corahda

BM - Almost all the Vehicons and Night Viper

TF2000 - Optimus Prime, Build King, Car Bros., Rail Racer, The Spychangers and their recolros

Armada - Skip the beast redecos, give us all the rest...

Energon - I'd drop the Autobots combining gimmick to make way for better figures, but I'd like updates of the full cast.

Cybertron - was pretty solid...wouldn't say no to well done updates.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  9. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Proper Unicron Trilogy and RID2001 molds, please.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

I really don't think Armada's play features were all that silly. WFC Apeface and Snapedragon having heads that turn into little, separate robots and the Weaponizers and Fossilizers being characters that explode into weapons and armour that other characters wear is all a lot sillier than anything Armada did.

11. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying they were silly (though for the record Scavenger is way sillier than headmasters), just that not all of the gimmicks can be translated. Jetfire combining with Prime is easy enough, but Demolisher's gimmicks are missile launcher related which doesn't happen anymore. Now if Fans Hobby is doing them, that's a different story.

12. solid_strider

solid_strider Plastic Crack Junkion

Generations Raiden that won’t cost $1000 to complete. Road Caesar trio. Omnibots. I’m kind of surprised they haven’t happened yet considering we got all three Powerdashers in Siege.

13. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Which is why I specified not to recreate the functions of the gimmicks, just the appearance. With Hot Shot, for example, it should be possible to manually point his axle outwards, above his head, but the actual mechanism that automatically moves it at the press of a Minicon should be left out. For the likes of Scavenger, simply having posable legs recreates the appearance of his walking gimmick. I guess with Demolisher, as his gimmick was the actual use of his weapons, rather than bringing them fourth, technically the only option is to leave out the gimmick. I suppose, if Hasbro were inclined, they could make the missiles removable, so fans can use their Siege blast effects to recreate the firing look, although as I recall, even the cartoons left out that feature, with his missiles reinterpreted as laser cannons.

14. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

My want list for future Hasbro figures.

Titan Tidal Wave w/Core-sized (Deluxe budget) Ramjet and the Sea Minicons
    Tidal Wave should be a 24" tall version of the original (three ships that combine into one ship) done up with realistic detailing. Green Toy deco for the retail release, Purple/Orange for the Generation Selects version. Energon deco a possibility for some other release. Includes a hyper-articulated Ramjet Minicon that can store away in a "launch pad" in his arm as well as rotating turrets on his chest/core ship. The hands will be able to hide inside the ship on this version of Tidal Wave. Also included are three articulated updates to the Sea Minicons, done in their original red and purple deco. They can store inside the rear ship, which features seats for the Minicons and painted details. Titan Tidal Wave will include knees! As well as an ankle tilt, articulated fingers, and, yup, a neck rotation as well as all the modern articulation short of an ab-crunch. It will be able to combine with Commander Class Armada Megatron, but will instead become armor for him. The arm-ships will become his arms, the core ship becoming a giant breast-plate with a jet pack, and the leg-ship splits up to become boots and wings for the jet-pack.

Commander Class Armada Megatron
    An articulated version of the original without the electronics (same size and everything), with a better face sculpt, modern articulation, all the same features as the original (without the minicon unlock requirement, which I always found irritating), all the minicon pegs of the original, and a core class Leader-1 with modern articulation.

15. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

More g1. Pretenders micromasters action masters that transform. Bring it on!

16. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    My three biggest wants out of future TF figures are...

1. More readily available Earth-mode updates of G1 characters, instead of suffering the fate of being an exclusive.
    2. Updates of more Armada characters, as the only character confirmed so far is Starscream.
    3. Sturdier figures. I understand that materials aren’t as cheap as they were back in 2007, but even things such as the way Kingdom Huffer’s cab in alt-mode was constructed instead of just being clear plastic painted over makes all the difference in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Materials are actually cheaper now, Designs with the more powerful computers of today are even faster and can be more precise, and the manufacturing process is also cheaper, with molds being easier to produce with more precision than ever so less fixes, less testing, less cost.

it's just Hasbro that's being cheap and cutting corner nothing else.