Your unpopular/uncommon gaming opinions.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rodimus Prime, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

Haven't played that either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Stuffed with pastries and drunk with power

Seeing as how this is unpopular opinions and all...

I never liked Defender.
    *ducks inevitable thrown objects*

3. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original 80’s era game? It’s mind blowing for its time but it’s a real mess. I’d trigger the mutant apocalypse all the damn time with humans dying left and right. It had a continuous world you could go through in either direction, smart bombs, hyperspace teleporting, and serious consequences for bad aim (dead abducted humans). But it is such a mess.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  4. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

That's the best part of Defender, the sloppy everything. The ship mechanics, the weird but lovely "blaster fire". I can't remember which version I ended up playing the most, but I'm pretty sure I gave myself a repetitive strain injury one day for playing that game for hours.

It's probably an acquired taste. Like Burger Time. Also played that for hours.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

Double Dragon is slow and boring. It has aged far worse than say Streets of Rage or Turtles in Time.

6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I prefer warrior games to beatem ups.

7. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I always hated those games, but apparently it's some of the best games in the series! A major upgrade to the previous ones!

Though thankfully it got lessened over the years.

8. TheLastBlade

People don’t hear this most of the time, but Digimon Cybersleuth & Hackers Memory is better than certain newer Pokémon games!

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'll never understand the constant need to compare Digimon to Pokemon. Aside from having monster creatures in them, the two franchises could not be more different to one another in every buggering way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLastBlade

Ironically, there's a handful of Digimon games that are like Pokemon. CyberSleuth & HackerMemory are the newer ones. Plus, both of those games do a few things better than Pokemon sword and shield.

11. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Grand Theft Auto V has become boring, particularly the single player mode. I’ve enjoyed the single player portion for the last six years, but for the first time since I find myself bored with it. It’s unfortunate that Rockstar decided to prioritise GTA Online.

12. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Hey, don't have a stegosaurus man.

• I like Sonic 06. It's dumb fun, even if the game is poorly designed. And the glitches are hilarious. End of the World can eat an ass though.
    • I hate Sonic Forces, you can complete it in 2-3 hours. It's rushed, boring, and unoriginal. 4 years for this? Alot of the people who made the game haven't developed a video game before.
    • I love the Xbox original Duke controller. It's weird at first, but it starts to feel more natural. I played Doom Eternal and Spyro with it, and was playing fantastic. I think the people who hate it have little hands.
    • The Fighters Pass for Super Smash Bros Ultimate was whack. I didn't give a shit about any of them except Banjo and Piranha Plant. Not because I have no attachment to them (partially), but because I want to see more foreign characters and characters who don't lift to heavily from other movesets. JUST GIVE ME CRASH, MASTRR CHIEF, SPYRO, RAYMAN AND SCORPION GODDAMNIT!
    • Halo 2 campaign is bullshit, on higher difficulties. Brutes are bullet sponges, one hit kill melee, sniper jackals, and Flood ganging up on you. Also the levels look identical at times. A problem also shared by Combat Evolved.
    • MK11 is one of the worst MK games. It's fun, but lacking in so much content, and the game feels like your constantly grinding. Atleast it's better then Vs. DC.
    • Banjo-Tooie is too goddamn big, To the point it's a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Blllllllllllllasphemooooooooorrrrrr!!!!

o_O 

:p 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve only played the first couple DD’s, but I dislike them about the time they add in platforming sections. Double Dragon’s controls are not designed for precision jumping on MOVING platforms. I never beat DD2 because of that section where you have to jump across all those gears. Maddening.

Double Dragon Neon is incredible though. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I don't really see it as a valid comparison personally, Double Dragon is a hardware generation earlier then those games and that includes the arcade version as well. Plus it came out before 89, which is when the BEU genre hit it's stride (FF, GA, TMNT) and very little from before that point even comes close to hanging with the good stuff after that.

Its like saying that SF has aged worse than SF2 or Wolf3D than Doom.

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 7:54 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, they're all beat em'ups, but like you said, Double Dragon is king of a generation of it's own style of that genre before what we tend to think of that style ushered in by "Final Fight", the big-sprite beat em'ups (for lack of a better term).

17. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found this video. They talk about a different section, but it’s the same problem. Double Dragon has no business making the player do all these precise jumps when it’s supposed to be a beat em up. And I get that DD was basically pioneering the genre, but these platforming sections ruin the games for me.

*edit*
    The gears! The gears! And all the platforming!

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 10:26 PM
  18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

That's explains why I sucked playing it as a kid. I can make it a lot further now.

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I guess this can be one of my unpopular opinions, but if MK11 is fun, that would already set it apart as better than the rest of the series for me :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm disappointed with M&B II Bannerlord. So close yet so far, despite all the improvements over the Warband. ;/