Your Top 5 Games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Apr 5, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

It pains my heart to see so many damned console games on these lists, and so few PC games.

2. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Not to go too far off topic, but ever since I had the old 486 PC, game compatibility issues have been a pain in the ass in my experience. Not being a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination (I'm a geek of a different kind), I realized a long, long time ago that trying to get and play PC games wasn't worth the effort b/c of all the compatibility and requirement crap. However, I did enjoy Sims, Aliens vs. Predator, and Half Life, which did somehow work on my old computer that I had in college.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Current:

-GTA series (just need IV right now!!)
    -Ace Attorney series. Play it on my DS every morning. Take that! I even am enjoying pt 4 (even though they kinda screwed up with Pheonix and his back story)
    -Mass Effect
    -COD4

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Hippy.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Pfft!

I'm a console guy too, hell I've got all 3 current gen systems.

I just lean towards the PC more. :p 

6. (R)Bumblebee

(R)Bumblebee Satan's Camaro

1. Test Drive Unlimited
    2. Crysis
    3. Need For Speed: Pro Street
    4. Prey
    5. CS: Source

-> All for PC; 6. would be TRANSFORMERS - The Game :) 

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

1.) Deus Ex.
    I just feel that this has been the best video game I have ever played.

2.) Freespace 2.
    This game is like the king of space combat.

3.) Wing Commander 4.
    I use to call Wing Commander the king of space combat, but still I think WC4 has been the best of the series.

Now it's getting harder to call out what games take 4th and 5th.

4.) Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear.
    This is like the most perfect Rainbow Six game. ( I still say all the other R6 games are good too)

5.) Mass Effect
    Screw it, I couldnt think of an RPG to add, but I tell friends and coworkers that Mass Effect is "One hell of a ride".

EDIT: See!!! Most games I named in there are PC, you're not alone!

8. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

1. Super Mario World-SNES
    2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2-Genesis
    3. Tomb Raider 1- PS1
    4. Metal Gear Solid-PS1
    5. Kingdom Hearts-PS2

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear this, it's only recently I've moved to the dark side and switched back over to console gaming after about a ten year hiatus (last console system I owned before the 360 was an N64). Big thing for me has been the surge in good console titles and the lack of PC games over the last wile. As well as the desire to keep my hardware current has diminished in the past couple of years and I just cant be bothered to be tinkering with my system all the time anymore. But overall most of my favorite all time and classic games have all been for the PC.

Speaking of which my top 5 would be.

1. Tie Fighter (PC) My favorite game by far and away.
    2. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    3. Super Mario World (SNES)
    4. SW Dark Forces Series
    5. Call of Duty 4

10. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Earthbound- SNES
    Mother 3- GBA
    Secret of Mana- SNES
    Final Fantasy NES through PS1 games
    Castlevania SOTN- PS1, and DS/GBA games

Expanded:
    Soul Blazer/Terranigma- SNES
    Zelda Series
    Halo Series
    Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Metal Gear Solid- this game was released during my first semester in college and was my introduction to Playstation.

Metal Gear Solid 2-Collecting the Dog tags improved on the first game so much, if not for Raiden the game would have been perfect.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas-just a fun game if you're bored and have nothing better to do.

Knights of the Old Republic-one of the few games I've replayed several times

Contra- My favorite game as a kid

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Chrono Trigger - Pardon the pun, but a truly timeless game. To this day not a game out there like it.

Final Fantasy 6 - To hell with mama's boy Sephiroth! Kefka actually succeeded in taking control of the planet!

Ratchet & Clank - My favorite modern series, everything moves, most everything is breakable, and HUGE F'N EXPLOSIONS!

Metroid Prime - Reinvented the entire franchise and made it better, that is not easy to do

Shadow of the Colossus - Play it and try telling me video games aren't an art form.

Honorable mentions to Mega Man X, Metal Gear Solid, and Pokemon, my favorite series. I can't pick a single favorite from them for the list.

13. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

In no order:

Mega Man II: The best Mega Man game on the NES, with an awesome soundtrack that I still can't get out of my head twenty years later.

Europa Barbarorum: The most incredable full-conversion mod I have ever played. An historicaly acurate RTS game that is beter than the game it is moded from, I could not ask for more.

Final Fantasy Tactics Fun game play with cutesie charactors acting out a Shakesperian plot and doing truly horrible, horrible things to each other? Yes, please. Now all Squeinx needs to do is make a proper sequil.

Star Wars: KOTOR/KOTOR II:TSL: The best Star Wars games since Tie Fighter and X-Wing and XvT. It also does not hurt that it got Dark Horse to go back in to the Old Republic.

XenoGears: People in big robots fighting god whats not to love. A kick ass soundtrack too.

14. Chiben

Chiben Never Gonna Run Around...

Man, narrowing it down to five is a tough one. I'm going to have to determine this by how many hours I've put into a game (or how long a game was able to keep my interest). Also, like everyone else, in no particular order.

Starcraft: The campaign had an interesting story, but man the multiplayer kept me in this game for years. Perfectly balanced races, this was my first real "play online with friends" game and I would constantly be up late to play this. Gotta put it on my list.

Final Fantasy VII:I picked FFVII because it was the first JRPG I ever played. I will be the first to admit that I become very biased when a game brings nostalgic memories. There are a lot of haters, but I really love this game.

Halo 2 Man the hours I put into online multiplayer on this one...

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion So open ended. I'm a completionist when it comes to RPGs of any kind, so I must have put at least 200+ hours into this game as different characters.

Xenogears: Great story kept me interested, and like rereading a good book, I always come back to this game to relive it. Plus I still don't understand everything that happens in this game. :confused: 

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    In no particular order:

Shadow of the Colossus
    The single most artistic game I have ever played. ICO was more than fantastic, but this game has a draw like no other. Actually I'm playing it right now...

Megaman X
    I have literally played this game hundreds and hundreds of times. Seriously. The other MMX games up to X7 were good too, and I love MMZ and MMZX, but nothing beats the original. And I played this a couple hours ago. Made a little kid cry becouse he couldn't do half the things I could do. I told him to buck up, and in about ten years he'll probably beat me.

Final Fantasy VI
    This is the benchmark by which I judge all RPGs. This game proved time after time through the years that a good game has nothing to do with voiceovers, or graphics, are any other trimmings. Solid gameplay, solid story, this game still owns.

Ace Combat Zero
    I was gonna say series, but instead I just picked my favorite. This game is the pinnacle of flying. The thrill of tracking down and eliminating an enemy ace is unparalleled. The final levels are enough to fry your brain with the stress. Also, this game has both the Wyvern and the FALKEN. I know the FALKEN is kinda like cheating, but that plane is too sexy to put down!

Metal Gear Solid 3
    I feel this is the best of the series. Snake is still a bad-a mofo, and when the situation goes from SNAFU to TARFU and on to FUBAR, he always keeps his cool.

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Snake in part 3 is the "father" of the Snake in Parts 1 and 2, but yeah both Snakes are bad mama-jammas.

My top 5 ever would probably be something like:

Super Mario 64
    Zelda Ocarina of Time
    MGS3 Snake Eater
    Final Fantasy VII
    and uh........can't really think of a 5th that grabbed me like these , maybe Bionic Commando or Resident Evil 2.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  17. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I played that game. Speaking of my top five, I just barely beat all 16 colossi on Hard in TIme Attack mode, and I got the sword from ICO, and I'm pissed that it doesn't have cool lightning like in ICO. After all that work I did. BTW, the 3rd colossus was by far the hardest to get on Time Attack.

Man, I wanted lightning... :(  It does, however, do craploads of damage, like advertised.

18. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    In no order..

Final Fantasy 6. GREAT characters and story and play mechanics. Kefka, Cyan, Gau, Locke, Sabin, Celes, Terra, Shadow, Relm, old mister grumpy, GOD I love that game.

S.O.T.N. Best 2d game Evar!!!!!!...wish I could play it...again.

Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 are tied. They just are, deal with it.

another tie...A Link to the Past, and Metroid Prime. The Dark world of Link is just awesome...the music, the pyramid, the monkey maze...Metroid Prime is the most atmospheric game I have ever played. You are so alone. I love that.

Last but not least, CONTRA!!!!!!!!! Shoot every fucking thing that moves! If Ripley, Dutch, and Rambo had a threesome, the result would be Contra. and Super C. and Contra 3. and Contra 4.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Contra 3 is freakin impossible.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Symphony of the Night
    Super Metroid
    TIE Fighter
    Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Don't EVAR make me do that again! :lol  I had to snub so many awesome games!