Your Thoughts on Alt Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fortress_Wise, Jan 17, 2006.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I wonder if they will make Scourge or if they'll go with Trailbreaker...

there can be only one black Ram. If Scourge, hopefully they will use silver and not that nasty tan color from the Armada line (Nemesis Prime).

And it would be sweet if they gave him a huge neon pink energon sword.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm a completionist, but I've never bothered with customs or kitbashs. For this Prime, though, I defintely will do the Skids-head swap (don't know if that's enough work to be called a custom). That way I can feed the habit without having a wasted character.

3. Odysious

Odysious Member

I'm a completionist so I will definatly be getting Alt Prime. And let's face it's a new mold. What would you rather have, a new mold or a repaint... Personally I would rather have something new and Alt Prime is new.... But as many have expressed my 20th Anniversary Optiums Prime will always be the leader of my Alt's.

4. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I'm something of a completionist, so I'm getting him. Heck, I like the toy, but I like 20th Anniversary Prime better. He'll stay in truck mode on display, unless we don't see a Trailbreaker or an Ironhide in the line, in which case he's getting a new head and paint job. Though I think Skids' head is a bit too small for Ironhide, especially on the bigger Ram body. It's almost too small for the Scion.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I gotta admit that I'm not wild about it being Prime... I'm hoping someone does up a custom Ironhide head for it that I can swap it out for (which will be the first for me)... I just don't need TWO Primes on my Alternators shelf (20th Prime is THE Prime).

On the upside... a Scourge/Nemesis Prime repaint for this mold would be IDEAL. I'd love to have a Scourge of this to go with my Decepticons.

6. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Alternate universe Orion Pax. See any Matrix? I rest my case.

Scourge isn't G1. Boooo. Not to mention, a big ol' sword would have to go somewhere in vehicle mode, which requires a new mold, and I hope they don't make a new mold for such a not-G1 character.

Alts can be good without knees. If he actually has knees? Bonus.

Prime and Prowl are the only Alts whose hands aren't black. Isn't that weird?

I'm too lazy for headswaps, but you guys go ahead. Prime's head can be an accessory for Alt Shocks, like when he tried to get the creation matrix program in the Marvel G1 comic.

In addition to Trailbreaker, Hoist might be a good one, with a little trailer or a gun hand you can swap a hand out for. Hell, everything's getting a third repaint, might as well go for it.

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

They did say at one point that they were thinking of going outside of G1 for character references. Scourge would be as good place a place as any to start on that.

As long as it can hold the RiD Scourge's sword, that'd be cool.

But, good call on the Orion Pax bit.

8. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im' becoming such a completionist..... at this point they could just put an Autobot or Decepticon insignia on a tin can and call it Optimus Prime and I would buy it. :( 

9. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Don't tell Hasbro :D 

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I just need to see some better pics, like putting him into poses and the like before I make a choice. Still somewhat on the fence. I will say, its a really sweet alt mode.

11. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

If I decide to get my hands on it....Look for it sometime in the kitbash forum...I plan to try to manufacture, obtain or otherwise place an Ironhide head on him and call him same....

12. JimPrime

JimPrime xJIMPRIMEx

Prime

I really like his figure and transformation but his head seems to me a little small

13. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

If there's one thing I've noticed about the Binaltech/Alternater line, is that there are several of these figures get verbally trashed quite a bit before they are released. Three figures that come to mind are Grimlock, Ravage, and Prowl.

Why do these figures get trashed? Namely, it's just a lack of simple information. Example:

When Ravage was first anounced to added to the line, a lot of us were not very happy with the news. Why? Because, a lot of us thought a cat head looked stupid on a Transformer that was supposed to be a car. Yet when the the Bio story for Ravage came out, about how the Beast Wars version of Ravage, with knowledge of the future, was unearthed and possessed the spark of the cassette Ravage in a Binaltech body, we all fell in love with him.

A lot of people were in an uproar when they saw Prowl was not going to be released in a Subaru car body, but in a Honda body. 'The chest is to wide, the arms are to small, and the legs are just wrong'. These where the biggest complaints for the Prowl figure, but when his Bio came out(and the discovery of swapping his legs around), almost eveyone accepted him.

The point is, despite our initicial misgivings about the appearance and forms of the Bin/Alt line, their designers have yet to come up with anything that everyone absolutely hates.

Granted, I, for one, would have been happy to have the Masterpiece/20th Anni OP to be the official version of Optimus in the line, or even have waited for him to be released in a bigger, badder form at a later date. But, until he's realeased, and his story has been announced, I'll wait and see what he was to offer before I say anything good or bad about the figure.

14. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I didn't. I thought the cat head looked stupid when we first saw it, and I still think the cat head looks stupid even though a "perfectly reasonable" explanation was created for the Binaltech line.

BTW, welcome to the boards and good job on the well thought out post, etc., but in the future you may want to avoid such blanket statements are "we all...", as many of us are quick to point out that we are the foremost authorities on our own opinion, and don't like to be told what we think of something.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think he's okay, but same as other figures i'm iffy abt, i'll wait for the repaint, like i did with windcharger, and i got decepticrash.

man, thats a lot of commas.

16. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I hate Rollbar. Jeep #3 with absolutely nothing that's different from Swindle aside from the paint job. Lazy crap. There really shouldn't be more than 2 characters for each car in my opinion.

17. HellSpawn

HellSpawn And justice for all...

Only Prime in my collection of alts/bt's is 20th anniversary or MP Prime. I'll skip this one untill it gets a descent remold into Trailbreaker or Hoist

18. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Well I had no intention of getting Ravage...but now that my kitbash has necessitated it, I am now looking for one....Still think the cat head is a stupid idea....

19. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

Yep, now that is something people should be ill mannered too :mad  . They could at least have tweeked some thing like a roof-type thingy (that's a scientific word :lol  ) like i've seen around. But nooo another Hasbro job :banghead:  . Hasbro's new slogan: Always cutting corners.

20. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

Those legs look awfully sturdy. A transformer that doesn't fall down. Sounds Prime to me!