Your Thoughts on Alt Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fortress_Wise, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

PASS. I'll wait for the repaint (there's ALWAYS a repaint) Hopefully it will be Trailbreaker. (watch me be wrong THIS time)

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to see him remolded as RumbleBee!!!!!! Since VW won't play along, this would be the next best idea!!!

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Uhh, why would you need to do that? All you need is a Skids head repainted for Ironhide. I plan on doing that.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I'll be buying it. I think he looks really cool... could have done more with the shoulders, like maybe have them detach and form weapons, but overall i like him.

This is a take on Prime i've wanted in a long time. I can't understand why others keep spouting off "it's such a terrible idea." I understand not liking the execution, but i see nothing wrong at all with the idea.

5. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    I gotta ask, and i mean this ina non-flamey way, what do you like so much about prowl? i find him to be easily the worst mold in the line, personaly (although, Prime is coming)... he's just so awkward looking with the giant chest, spindly arms and narrow waist...

6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I like him... truck and bot are both nice. I just wish he was Trailbreaker. His general profile looks a lot like Trailbreaker's.

My problem with him is that he's Optimus... 20th Anniversary Optimus suits me just fine. I don't need an Alternators version of the character and didn't really want one, though I like it well enough to get it.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    :lol 
    With such a body, might as well make him leader.;) 

Though, seriously as an alternative to the VW bug, can't BB have an alt mode like a Mini-cooper (which is owned by BMW)? It's not the greatest alt mode, but it kind has that same VW-ish shape.

As for Alt. Prime, I' sure I'll like him some more once I have in my hands in his proper, transformation. IMHO, despite the execution, I hope sales are enough to expand the line beyond sportscars.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Me likey Primey.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Oh, it's quite alright. I don't mind explaining.

First, I did the leg mod to increase his articulation, solving the only complaint I had with him to begin with and making him more G1-ish in appearance and hiding some of the powder blue.

Okay, his gun is a little lackluster, but better than Skids'. The nightstick is neat. The transformation is simple without being TOO simple. No hangups like with Grimlock.

The arms are very effectively articulated. The doors are no worse than Wheeljack's or Grimlock's in bot mode. Basically, I like the overall appearance of the bot mode and car mode, and the quickness of transformation, allowing for easier play without being spychanger-level.

Hope that helps.

10. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm still undecided.

IMHO it would've been better as Ironhide or Trailbreaker. It's size doesn't really stick out THAT much considering he's the leader of the Autobots.

I agree with Crimson87......MP-Prme was and IS my Alt Prime.

11. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

The truck mode is appropriate, but the bot mode looks lackluster. He'll probably look better surrounded by his subordinates. :) 

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, considering how BIG he is in vehicle mode and taking into consideration his shoulders I'd say he will be the tallest one of them all and appropriately so.

13. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    only complaint is that there is the usual abundance of complaints against the upcoming alt. why is the fandom so pessimistic. might as well call it PESSIMUS PRIME! i also hope that when the repaint comes out, it is not the usual request for TB or IH but of some off the wall char. like WHEELIE or ARCEE. just too piss people off more.

as for the actual TOY, i luv it!! sumthing to look forward to besides rollbunk & uncle rico.(albeit they will be mine) the hunt shall be revived!

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, something about the body that seems "off"...I'm passing Prime over.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I want and will get, it. As far as the line, the disparity is only getting WORSE!! :(  what happened to the attempt at 60-40 in TF lines?? :cry  my goodness, we're getting 3 alts really soon, and that puts the total up to 21, and out of TWENTY-ONE, only FIVE are decepticons.. not even 1/4th?? damn you!

Andy

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Smart. I like the way you think. :thumbs2: 

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you need to change your name to Ops_was_a_hated_Dodge_Ram_SRT-10...

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    If name changes were still allowed, I might be tempted. I'm sure I'd bother a few mods with a name like that, though.

...hell, I'd have trouble remembering it myself...

19. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    What about Ops_was_a_semi_not_a_pick_up???

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Honestly, really and truly, if name changes were still allowed, I'd just change it to "Ops." I don't care if he's a monkey, truck, airplane, whatever...just as long as he's a good leader. I PREFER Optimus Prime as a semi truck, but I honestly couldn't care, so long as the writing's good in the TV show where he appears.