Your TF design pet peeves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HunGrrr, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

POTP jazz is so true, this may be rare with hasbro transformers but if they put a piece of metal or diecast as that arm that is holding their torso together i thought it would be more safe

2. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One of mine that I can think of currently is Open an Play Galvatron's gun plugging into his bicep an not his forearm.

3. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Instagram:

this so much this

While Stinger and Lockdown have tinted windows, their retools Shadow Raider and KSI Sentry don't making their interiors so much more visible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    FT Springer annoying leg transformation, they could have simplified that. I tried to transform him a few minutes ago.

5. tffannoloyalty

tffannoloyalty Well-Known Member

08-Studio-Series-WWII-Bumblebee.jpg One wheel molded one wheel rivited.

• Like Like x 4
  6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I am personally very annoyed when I see a forearm gaps on a figure bigger than a deluxe (For example, Siege Megatron or TR Sky Shadow). There are plenty of better design solutions than simply leaving a gap. I much prefer slider-fists, a small flap on a pin hinge to hide the gap, or even just hiding the fist underneath another panel during transformation. I also really dislike the hollow legs used on so many CW figures, they could have easily added a flap to cover it on a pin hinge on most of those figures. I understand these issues are parts-count related, but I think there are plenty of other small pieces on most figures that could be omitted in their place, hollow forearms just look weird.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Lack of pins on areas that structurally need them. Latest example: Studio Series Camaro Bumblebee. Pins would've made a world of difference for the folding roof and window panels.

• Like Like x 2
  8. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    That looks so tacky, and there’s really no excuse with what they charge for deluxes now....

• Like Like x 1
  9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi closeted shellformer

News Credits:
    When the door and hands are one piece, it looks really cheap and low quality imo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. BumblebeePrime1

BumblebeePrime1 Member

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but my Studio Series Bumblebee(not the Bumblebee movie one but the first bayverse one) falls apart every time you try to transform it or pose it or even touch it really. The roof of the car and the right arm don't stay on. Got the Studio Series Ratchet and that one is higher quality but his ball joint hips makes it very hard to put him in any kind of poses.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure is out already?

12. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I really don't like the clown shoes look of the G1 roof chest front end feet body type and the G1 Datsun bros. I prefer having Cybertronians either look like they are going barefoot or wearing normal everyday shoes/ boots. Example MP-21 vs. the new mold MPMs. In my opinion, the clown shoes look only works for actual clowns that you'd see at a circus.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  13. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

I can't imagine what you think about G1 Flywheels. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Eh, robots. I figure it's a combination of something like existing computers which seamlessly merge into a network and exchange updates, and a sort of corporate mental model, where each component has its own 'brain' but there's only one personality running (unless you're Flywheels) and processing task distribution is handled in real time. I'd be curious as to whether a multi-component robot coming out of stasis goes through multiple primary node negotiation cycles as more parts 'wake up'. It'd be kind of hilarious to see, for example, a left arm and right leg wake up and have to establish an ad-hoc communication network to try and drag the rest of the body out of a danger zone while the other components are still out of it.

Hmm... might this be a driver behind the development of gestalt technology? A one-personality multi-component bot would probably need to have its processors and mental networks tweaked so that all the parts would be able to sync in properly each time without excessive delay. Gestalt-tech could be what you get when you increase the flexibility of who and what can be plugged into the combination, by having the mental side of things handled by the equivalent of a software driver on the team members' end, and dedicated processing/merge/control capability installed in the team leader. It'd allow for new team members to be added without having to be constructed from scratch.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They know that we are OCD. That’s why they do this

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I guess it's up to whether you think of them as aliens or robots then. I prefer them to be a little more towards the alien side, so I'd prefer them to resemble living beings or a collection of nanotech particles like in the movies. Too bad they squandered all that interesting potential in those movies.

17. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

image.jpg When the fists are recessed behind or flushed with an arm panel. Looks like they're wearing oversized sleeves. Sloppy.

Oh, Windcharger here also lack toes. I need just a hint of a toe or foot. Not this single geometric mass from the knees down.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    So I always felt sort of bad about it, but there's a weird tendency on modern Optimus toys (at least on Siege and Authentics/Evergreen, maybe Cyberverse too) to put like the rim of his wheelwell on the outside of his forearm in robot mode. I'm not doing a good job explaining it, so I found this:

[​IMG]

See how there's a bunch of stuff hanging off of his forearm there that's supposed to sit over his tires in vehicle mode? I first noticed it in the Unicron comics where his robot mode was drawn with that part included (due to Hasbro's edict that the comics start relying more on the Evergreen designs) and I found myself really unreasonably irritated by it. I know not all toy designs can avoid it and I understand the need to stick with engineering limitations (and who knows, maybe Hasbro wanted Siege more in line with Evergreen in some respects too) but between this guy and the CHUG Prime we're all seemingly in love with, it seems like Prime is going to be cursed to have weird crap hanging off his forearms for the rest of his life, aside from when he gets the Masterpiece treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I've seen custom fixes for him, but I keep getting put off of buying CW Huffer and Pipes because of their designs. Pipes is the one I can't get over. He's just a straight up redeco of Huffer.
    It annoys me that Hasbro was that lazy when it came to both of them, all they did was give T30 Legends Optimus a new head and paint scheme, that was it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not a fan of those designs. In my opinion, Overlord executed the jet upper half tank lower half thing way better than Flywheels. But, that's because I have the Titans Return Leader Overlord toy and it doesn't look like it is wearing clown shoes.

• Like Like x 1