Your recent purchase REGRETS...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfwmongrel, Jun 2, 2014.

1. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

shiny shiny chrome plastic, yessssss.

My regrets? My smolder's minicon doesn't have a stinkin' gun mode!!!the ax mode is killer, but the Bulk's arms are too weak!

2. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Been on a good run for a few years, no big regrets... Except for shelling out $600+ for an incomplete G1 Fort Max a month before the reissue was announced. Forever scorched by that one. :( 

3. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BH voyager Predaking.

This thing was a complete and utter let down compared to voyager Optimus Prime. The right arm constantly keeps on falling off mine.
    I was glad that I picked him up at a discount store here in the UK and didn't pay full RRP for him.

The oversized commander version is far, far better than this POS.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You returned a figure you opened and messed with.... because you didn't like it? It's not the store's fault you didn't like it. If it was broke it'd be different... But this is a whole other conversation..

I hate the Wreck-Gar mold. I can't get the damn thing back into bike mode. Also a handlebar broke.

Robot mode looks good though.

5. Extendarr

Extendarr Well-Known Member

I think this one wins the thread.

6. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

bummer

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I concur...I would be so cheesed off...

Anyway, I have a slight feeling of regret getting the TakaraTomy Slag or Slug because not only was he more expensive than the Hasbro version, he's not in show accurate colors! X)

8. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Oh man... ouch. Dat feels.

9. TubbyChasis

TubbyChasis Doofy-ass Smilebot

Regrets? I've had a few:

-CHUG/Thrilling 30 Goldfire: I got him the same day I managed to find a Waspinator. I was going to buy Dreadwing before I decided upon having a robot from each side. Turns out Goldfire was the weaker one of the two, what with the cheap feeling plastic that makes me hesitant on transforming him. Plus the guns(?) he comes with are cumbersome and awkward.

-While I'm on the subject of CHUG, I thought I'd mention the Universe 2008 version of Prowl. Between the awkward shape/size/robot mode proportions and the fact that his shoulder wings pop off when I transform him. I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have bought him second-hand.

-And looking back on it, I'm also beginning to doubt my purchase of Animated Soundwave. I'm not sure if it's because of the "easy-to-rub-off" paint on the back, or if it's because the one I got has loose knees. But he hasn't held up for me, both physically and in my opinion.

I do have a few others, but these are my main ones. The ones I wish I could either toss out, or sell to someone else for maybe 10-15 dollars (all together).

10. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

Not really anything. So far, everything I've boughten I've liked. I'm cautious like that haha

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Thrilling 30 Bumblebee. Really don't care for it at all. Dunno why I decided to buy it in the first place. I had some justification but I don't remember it.

12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I need to correct my earlier post. I got the Hasbro Asia Grimlock reissue last summer but I immediately regretted it and I really wished I had a TT Grimlock. Metallicgrunt helped a brother out and sold me his TT Grimlock instructions and character card, but I still want that TT box, his drink try, bowtie, and apron, and I really regret how floppy his legs are. Even though I'll take a hit on him, I need to sell him and put him toward a TT.

13. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

Prime Kup Jeez. Whole lotta suck

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

IDW Bumblebee ain't a bad figure. Maybe you bought it cause you read the comics

15. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

The only real regret I've had lately was the Thrilling 30 Deluxe Bumblebee. I picked him over Orion Pax because Bumblebee was underrepresented in my collection. Wrong choice.

He just feels cheap. There's an unpleasant texture to the plastic and it feels like the torso slide should lock in better but it doesn't.

And worst of all is the way the shoulder kibble moves with the arms. I hate how trying to pose his shoulders ruins the silhouette that those door wings are meant to give him.

16. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    None but rattrap is frail enough to make me nervouse and i can transform mp05 in 2 mins...

And the aoe toys have some big flaws espelly hound and strees marks if they made tge toys out of the same plastic mix as rotf i would have no majour issues with my yoys as i dont buy the ones who i dont like

17. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Both deluxe Slug and deluxe Scorn. They just don't do anything for me. :l

18. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Since I haven't worked consistently in the last year, I've been very picky when purchasing TFs. Glad my impressions on Bumblebee and Goldbug were right on. The alt mode looked good, but the bot mode always looked cheap to me.

My last purchase regret was Deluxe Prime Soundwave, only because it is the only Prime figure bigger than Legion that I purchased.

The Wreck-Gar/Junkheap mold is a pain to align in alt mode, especially the forearms and hands but I still like it. The alt mode is also ridiculously out of scale with the rest of the classics/Generation figures. I know that it'd be tiny realistically, but it's a huge motorcycle instead. No win. Yet, the bot mode is great. Superposable and well-proportioned. Loyal to the original. And, I love how the weapon opens. A simple mechanism that hides well in alt mode and opens up into an appropriately savage weapon.

19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Getting my Grandson Slug and Scorn. 5 mins of play, now they are in his toy box under his bed while he still runs about with last Summer's Springer in helicopter mode. Waste of time/space/money.

Case closed.

20. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    KFC Citizen Stack..

all I can say is I recouped some of my money.