Your recent purchase REGRETS...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfwmongrel, Jun 2, 2014.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. My son really wanted this guy after reading Dark Cybertron. He was falling apart right out of the package. Before buying him I'd seriously considered army building these guys as the pics looked awesome. Now owning even one is too much.

Generations Cosmos is awesome. I don't regret buying him as much as buying him and opening him. His paint started scraping off way too easily.

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Forgot a few:
    Beast Hunters Wheeljack- a floppy mess of a figure right out of the package with panels that will never securely tab in where they're supposed to, obnoxious structures that impede articulation and transformation, a weapon that looks like crap and doesn't function as intended, and has sat in storage for most of the duration since I purchased it.

Beast Hunters Bulkhead- Gorilla arms that serve little purpose than to make him look like he's going to challenge Peterbuilt O'Malley to a fistfight, A Crummy saw weapon that feels like it could break apart at any moment, A color scheme that shouts "I wanna be a Roadbuster when I grow up!", and short stature have relegated this turd to a shoebox under my Classicsverse Decepticon Shelves.

Forgot 2 more
    CV Prime Breakdown- Torso doesn't tab together so moving the arms inevitably moves the torso on the transformation hinge, Breakdown is really lacking in useful articulation, and I find it a little insulting that this is the only version of the character Hasbro deemed cost-effective to sell here in the states. I guess you could make him give other CV legion figures hugs?
    CV Prime Air Vehicon- The only version of the Flying vehicon we got here in the states sucks too. Articulated at both shoulders and thighs and nowhere else. There's enough room on the arms and legs for elbow and knee pins, but NOOO, we get fucking stick figure articulation.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast hunters Bulkhead is bad, but I got him as part of a two pack and was expecting he'd be a loser out of the package. So no regrets.

Strangely I do regret Beast Hunters Prowl. Wow he's fiddley. I haven't opened Smokescreen yet because of Prowl.

4. strangeguy32000

Generations Skids was kind of a letdown(He's articulated well enough, but the lackluster execution of the design ls kind of a minor letdown. I also wish his headsculpt had been designed with light-piping in mind) and so was Universe Ironhide (even after some "Surgery" he still stares at the top of his Vehicle mode kibble)

5. Green Arrow

Green Arrow Member

It wasn't necessarily the toy, but I bought a G1 Brawn and, because it was in car mode when I purchased it, I didn't see that it was actually missing an arm. Buyers beware, if you're going to buy a G1 Brawn, make sure to see it in robot mode first, because they are often missing their arms, which are hidden behind their doors in their alternate form. The same is true of G1 Outback, Brawn's mold mate.

6. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    AOE Leader Grimlock...
    Ugh...what a mess, I don't even know where to begin...
    His head is stupid...all sunken in with some L-R action
    His torso is stupid
    His arms are really stupid
    His legs are crazy stupid and skinny...
    It set a record for the shortest time a figure has spent in my collection.
    I had him back in his box, and returned to TrU within an hour.
    Whew!

7. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping my eventual purchase of Voyager Hound is not going to be an immediate regret. I regretted buying the 4-5 movie figures from the first three films within minutes of buying them. I physically made that mistake 4-5 times, it was terribly annoying. The only one I wish I kept was Voyager Ratchet.

8. 420tron

420tron Mr. Beefy

AOE Voyager Grimlock, what a piece of hunchbacked crap in T-Rex mode.
    The leader is meh too.... but I'm keeping it so I have a movie Grimlock.
    I took the voyager Grimlock back.... man AOE Grimlock got screwed over.
    I feel like I'm the only one who likes the AOE line.... but still thinks all the Grimlocks stink thus far.
    They should just make another Grimlock good, with accurate paint, and twice the size of the leader. They could charge between $79.99 - $99.99, and as long as it was proper awesome and engineered well, it'd sale well.

9. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear you. Every time I pick up Crosshairs in the store, I force myself to remember the box of movie figures that I'm supposed to be selling on eBay. Then I put him back on the rack and walk away.

10. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Chug Waspinator. My only regret is that I feel bad that I was the only one who got one in my town.

11. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    BH Prowl and Wheeljack. Prowl's fiddly, WJ is loose and fiddly.

AoE Strafe almost makes it on to my list, dino heads not locking in to robot mode, having swords AND curling arms(one or the other, I can live with curling arms, but not when possing swords), and an awkward backpack. But ultimately, the figure is still damn cool.

12. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

FOC Grimlock... Not because I don't like the mold, but because when I finally found him, I doubled up on him. But, that isn't the kicker... Picked up the FOC Bruticus set with Grimlock, so that makes 3... And there's a two pack with a more G1 colored torso, which would make for 4 of the exact same mold, two being identical figures...

I would've been ok with 2, and the two being the 2 pack versions... Oh well...

13. strangeguy32000

I only bought the retail single of FOC Grimlock and I've never found anything particularly great about him (armaments and Lightup feature aside)

14. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Generations Whirl. I thought it was cool at first. Now I don't even really care and maybe even actively hate it. The cross between G1 and IDW styles is terrible. They should have just gone all IDW like the rest of the new Generations figures. Maybe someone should start a thread where we can trade our regrets or something?

15. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Pretty much this except I held onto an Amazon DotM Prime with UFO trailer and weapon add ons.

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron and Bumblebee.

Megatron i haven't even opened but after hearing all the QC issues i don't even want open him. Bumblebee just flat out sucks in robot mode. I've seen heads on swap meet ko's that look waaay better. I think I'm done with mass retail TF and sticking with MP. Skids and Waspinator are good figures but their QC is really making me regret buying them. So they get a Dishonorable mention.

17. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

Generations Bumble Bee, and Swerve...man after Cosmos he is a let down

18. Extendarr

Extendarr Well-Known Member

Almost all of the recent Generations line have been disappointing to me. I remember opening Trailbreaker and Hoist and thinking...this is it?? This is what I was waiting for since 2006???? I thought FoC Grimlock looked great in package, but then I got him out and transformed him into that hollow shell of a dinosaur (missing a stomach, much?) and I sold him as quickly as possible. Blaster was OK, but the cassette discs were annoying and disappointing. Figures like Armada Starscream actually managed to be worse than the original that they were homaging! Forget the FoC figures. Jazz and Sideswipe I should've never purchased.

So I dumped my CHUG collection of 8 years and went to MP. Never looked back.

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just stood the first '07 bumblebee next to the dotm, and aoe bumblebees..

i don't regret getting him.. but i sure as hell regret spending almost $16 for it.. it's insane how much smaller these figures are.. and you REALLY didn't understand how much smaller they are until you stand them next to each other.

dotm deluxe bumblebee and aoe deluxe bumblebee.. man, there's just such a size difference. it's unnerving.

it also REALLY sucks for people who enjoy some sort of scale in their collection, mixing the previous movie figures with the new ones makes it look like there was a MAJOR mass reduction in the AOE characters.

it's sad. really sad.

20. whitedragon17

whitedragon17 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    AoE voyager Prime...sort of. I'm planning on getting the TRU pack so it would be duplicates, but then there are different paint apps and I like to G1 look of the regular release, so yeah, sort of.