Your opinions on a Titan/MP Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jbwkkl, Mar 15, 2015.

?

How should a Titan Class/MP Omega Supreme be constructed?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2015.
  1. As a "Parts-former" (like G1 but more articulation)

79 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. As an "All-in-one" (only arms removed to form rocket)

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. "Half-and-half" (all-in-one with tank tracks being only parts removed)

14 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know people bitch about partsforming but there is no way to do Omega Supreme without it. Rocket/arms and the main body/tank are separate pieces. They could probably get there to be less parts forming compared to the original but there will be some.

I just want a G1 Omega (no 'updates') that stands at least 18" inches tall. A plus for retailers is because of the parts separating, it could be packed in a smaller box and not take up as much shelfspace. I know retailers care how much shelfspace items take up.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon This place ain't what it used to be...

News Credits:
    For it to be an accurate G1 MP Omega, it would have to parts-form anyway. Period. Our opinions or preferences wouldn't change that, so...

3. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the YoTS one personally :D 

4. AMG

AMG Old School

Doesn't really matter how he transforms to me. I just want one made.

5. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Hasbro are happy to do titan combiners in devastator and that is essentially a 6 piece parts former plus arms/weapons so the precedent is set.

A g1 titan omega supreme could easily be 2-3 key components with a bit more integration than g1. Easy enough to have a track which folds up rather than completely separates, a space shuttle/rocket and a tank.

Whether they will or not vs the simplicity of a space ship like animated omega supreme is a tough call. I personally would like a nod to g1 but wouldn't be disappointed if it were a giant space ship. Heck, if the spaceship could break off into smaller ones but made one giant robot that would be epic. Or if the spaceship contained a land tank and smaller shuttle craft, I would be equally ecstatic.

6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I would like either a max 15" nice Omega Supreme that is somewhat toy based transformation, but updated and looks great in both modes. Or I would want a smaller scale 8 - 10" Omega Supreme like the Toy World Fort Max size. I am not into Titan or MP scale, anything beyond 15" is just way too big.

Oh, and Parts Forming pls, keep it simple and fun!!!

7. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I agree Dean. Plus, if he partforms, he'll have a lot of hollow sections in bot-mode, possibly helping reduce overall cost.

As for how far off he'll be.. I wouldn't be surprised if he's released (MP or Titan) within the next 5 years. For some reason, I feel that he'll be a part of TF5.

(*keep thinking Prime will discover OS on a forgotten Cybertronian battle field deep in space*)

I agree that Trypticon is over due and that OS needs to be 2ft tall, but I could imagine his tracks breaking into 2 connected pieces that fold over on a pin, thus creating less parts to loose.

8. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Eh, I can't afford 3rd party as it is, or for that matter Titan class. I had to wait to get YotS Omega at a reduced price, but I'm pretty happy with him. He's towering over my other Generations/Thrilling 30/Combiner Wars figures on my shelf at work, as well he should.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Yes, I'm pretty happy with YOTS Omega. If they made a new mold "Generations" Omega, I'd want it to be Devastator-sized, not Metroplex-sized.

As for parts-forming... I think there would be some. But I also envision Omega with an altered alt mode. I think he should be more of a mobile rocket base a la Micromaster Countdown. The rocket would still split and become forearms, so a little parts-forming there. The mobile base would be the rest of the body. Maybe have a separate tank too that forms the head/torso.

10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I don't want him to be the same scale as Metroplex. Give him CW Devastators height but no taller.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    :confused: 

12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    :lol 

13. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I love Omega Supreme, but I think that since HasTak gave us the Year of the Snake version of OS in G1 colors, they probably consider that to be the G1 OS stand-in for most peoples' collections. That is one great figure btw, it really surprised me how much I like that figure.

If we get another version of OS, I would definitely want some strong G1 influence to his design. If done well, the mold could be repainted into Guardian robots as well. It would be AWESOME if we could get some sort of electronic playability too, like the walking feature, or the moving tank. That was a pretty awesome feature of the G1 toy.

I am thinking that a new design would probably be a hybrid parts-former, similar to the YOTS version. It would be nice if we could get an OS design that was closer to an all in 1 transformation rather than a big partsforming exercise.

14. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I have ideas on what I'd like to see, but it really comes down to what can the designers pull off, and within budget.
    "How should it be constructed"?
    Whatever works. Same answer I always give to that question.