Your opinions on a tf movie new or old

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tfcollector97, May 10, 2020.

1. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Write your opinion about a tf movie recently announced and how you think it is going to be or a tf movie already released and your opinions about it.

:My opinion about the first transformers movie released in 1986 is even though I wasn’t born in that period of time I still was able to watch the movie in a early age and really enjoyed the movie, the flaws aren’t that noticeable and you actually know the majors of these characters and can sympathize them and their struggle with the Decepticons and unicron.

2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tfcollector97

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Just asking about your personal opinions on a specific film or announcement.

4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It seems like you're just consolidating the point of the movie forum into a single thread.

We already have dedicated threads on the announcements. And like I said, we already have so many other threads which go over our personal opinions of one of the films.

I still don't see a purpose for this.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tfcollector97

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah this thread is a little too similar to the ones I just read next time to avoid a mistake like this again i am going to search up if a thread has already been made.

6. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

Bumblebee (2018) 9.4/10
    Transformers (2007) 9/10
    Dark of the Moon (2011) 7.9/10
    Age of Extinction (2014) 6.9/10
    Revenge of the Fallen (2009) 6.5/10
    The Last Knight (2017) 5.8/10

The new ones i mainly can't wait for the Bumblebee sequel i never got into Beast Wars the cartoon and I have fatigue for the Cybertron movie if there is a Transformers movie i would pick for June 24th, 2022 i would pick Bumblebee 2

7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 I don’t even know anymore

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Best to worst

1.Bumblebee 9.5/10
    2. Transformers the movie 1986 9/10
    3. Predacons rising 8.5/10
    4. Transformers 2007 8/10
    5 . Dotm 7/10
    6. Rotf 4.5/10
    7. Aoe 4/10

-1975333. TLK -7769420/10

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    Bumblebee: 8/10
    Transformers: 7/10
    DOTM: 6.5/10
    AOE: 5.5/10
    TLK: 5/10
    ROTF: 5/10

9. KrazyKraang

KrazyKraang Krazed Kraang

A lot of people dislike Age of Extinction but I actually didn't mind it. Correct me if I'm wrong but it had the most action out of any of the Bay TF movies. Plus getting to see Mark Wahlberg in a TF film was cool.The plot- to be honest didn't seem that bad considering I watched Revenge of the Fallen and the Last Knight.
    Bumblebee movie-9/10
    The Last Knight-5.5/10
    Age of Extinction-7/10
    Dark of the Moon-6.1/10
    Revenge of the Fallen-4/10
    Transformers 2007-7/10
    G1 Movie-8/10-a little biased perhaps but the artwork and animation tops the cake.
    And of course The legendary Transformers:The Cake-10/10. Honestly a masterpiece.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess my ranking would be:

Bumblebee - 9.5/10 - Probably not quite as technically good as my rating would imply (my objective rating might be closer to an 8 or 8.5), but it's basically the Transformers movie I've always wanted to see. I utterly love it, and it's among my favorite movies ever. It's a fun, chill, colorful feel-good movie that I just love living in the world of.

Transformers (2007) - 7/10 - Initially I think I put this lower on my list, but it's proven more memorable in my mind than the others. I think it's a fine first attempt at a live-action Transformers, albeit fairly basic. It doesn't bring much new to the table for this sort of movie, aside from the groundbreaking-for-the-time effects. It has a pretty solid film structure and is a fun action romp.

Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 6.5/10 - I would put this above 2007 if Optimus and the cast of the first two seasons had a bigger role. I really wish Optimus didn't die until the finale. I like the guts they had, but it almost feels like a sequel instead of a first movie. Hot Rod/Rodimus has never fully clicked with me. I wish they developed him more throughout the movie, and had him take the mantle at the end. I also wish the disguise aspect came into play more. But the soundtrack (instrumental and the rock songs), the beautiful animation, and the wacky settings and alien designs go a long way.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - 6/10 - I recall my main problem being the messy structure. But I think the ideas here are more interesting than the previous sequels. It feels more sci-fi and more mysterious. This probably has my favorite villain of the Bay movies. And I find this human cast more watchable than Sam and co.

Transformers: The Last Knight - 6/10 - Yeah, I'm putting it this high. I totally get all the problems it has. But I also think it deserves a bit more credit than it gets. I really adore the visuals and settings for the first hour. The abandoned towns and almost post-apocalyptic landscapes. If it followed through with that vibe, it would probably be my second-favorite. But the movie grinds to a halt in England, and remains that way until the submarine scene ends. But it has a fine finale. It's not a technically good film, but I do think a good 75% - 80% of it is quite entertaining and not nearly as awful as people say it is.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 5.5/10 - If it weren't for the excessive dumb and crude humor, this would be a pretty great adventure romp. The designs got super unique, and I honestly like the Egypt setting and even the ancient aliens stuff. It kind of worked here. I don't recall this movie ever getting too slow. Sadly the excessive crude humor really drags this movie down, IMO.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 5/10 - Pretty unpopular opinion, but I just find DOTM kind of boring and unimaginative. I watched all these movies back in early 2018, and this is the one that stuck with me the least. I kind of like the Space Age tie-in, but I feel like this movie got too serious and self-indulgent. I don't recall a lot of personality in this movie (and usually Bay movies aren't lacking in personality). It kind of felt like any other generic action movie. On a technical level it's probably better than some of the others, but on a personal level, DOTM just didn't connect with me.

I'm planning to rewatch the live-action movies over the summer, I'm curious to see how my opinions will change. Everything I've said here is from my memory of watching them back in early 2018 (early 2019 for Bumblebee).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Galvatross

Galvatross Go Drek, get Shrekt. Veteran

I'm not certain where I'd rank the 1986 movie and Bumblebee, so I'm only strictly ranking the Bay movies.

Best to Worst (Bay films):

Age of Extinction - I don't care what anyone says; this is the peak of the live action movies for me. It wasn't a decline in quality...I thought many things were improvements (designs, voice acting, and even the way the giant, non-speaking Transformers were depicted; the Dinobots are actually an improvement over Devastator, the Driller, etc.)….and even the worst things about it either weren't any worse than its predecessors or were surprisingly tolerable. Thematically fascinating. Has a story and characters that make sense in a post-DotM universe. The greater focus on Optimus is much appreciated, Lockdown is a compelling main antagonist, Transformium is a fascinating concept, the new Autobot crew is awesome, and it's the closest of the movies to being "Beyond good, beyond evil, beyond your wildest imagination!" A post-DotM movie could have been much, much worse, but this movie turned following the first three into a strength...and made the movies more meaningful in the process.

Dark of the Moon - The best of the first trilogy. I heavily enjoy the Space Race background and how it depicts the war's effects on Cybertronians and humans alike. Sentinel Prime is like a personification of the planet of Cybertron, and his fall echoes that of his race.

Revenge of the Fallen - Underrated and hilarious.

Transformers - Enjoyable, but I actually don't think this is any better than the sequels.

The Last Knight - Not as bad as it's made to be by some, but still has its issues. Should have been better, but I was still entertained.

Not sure where to rank:

The Transformers: The Movie - Very enjoyable as an extended episode of the cartoon. I'm not certain how I'd compare it to the Bay films, as it's hard to separate from its context of being between the second and third seasons of the cartoon. I think the music is awesome, the animation beautiful, although like the Bay movies it has some editing errors here and there.

Bumblebee - I'd say the worst things about the Bay movies are worse than the worst things in this movie, but the reverse is also true: that the best things about the Bay movies are better than the best things in this movie. That makes it really hard to rank. The Bay movies are like a trek through the Himalayas. This movie is like walking across Kansas. Not that there's anything wrong with preferring one over the other. If you had a movie halfway between this, with its extreme simplicity and small scale, and The Last Knight, with its overabundance of characters and threads, you might have the perfect Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

1. Transformers 2007: The best TF movie imo. The cast is memorable, the side characters are memorable, the battle of Mission City is such a great climax, the opening is intense, and the film is a product of a time when people were genuinely interested in what could happen next with the sequels.

2. Dark of The Moon: A great finale. I would have been ok if the Bayverse ended here. It wrapped up all the important elements from the previous two. The action is incredible, Sentinel Prime was a cool twist, and it toned down a lot of the outrageous humor from ROTF.

3. Age of Extinction: I was not interested in seeing this film, but dammit, I had fun. Lockdown was a nice villain, the robots had great personality, and the action was serviceable. The humans are not memorable, and this movie is responsible for the franchise completely jumping the shark by having the Autobots fight drones and an evil CIA black ops unit, which is nowhere as fun as the Autobot/Decepticon war, but it certainly isnt the worst of the Bayverse.

4. Bumblebee: Mixed opinions on this one. On one hand, the action scenes are great. The Cybertron scenes are incredible, and the redesigns are nice. There is also some genuinely nice slow moments like the toilet paper scene and Charlie's relationship with her mother. On the other hand, I didnt care for the characters much. The military aspect was boring to me, and I didnt like how quick Charlie just accepted Bumblebee when they first met. Some of the character interactions were a bit too fast. Its a different kind of movie with a smaller scale, but a lot of it felt like it was retreading the 2007 film, and it made it a bit predictable.

5. and 6. The Last Knight and Revenge of the Fallen: I'm tying these two. They both have a lot of bad things happening, that I can't tell what's worse. Ill give ROTF some credit for having a final battle that you can actually see where TLK had soldiers just shooting without even seeing what they are shooting at. Both plots are dumb but ROTF at least has Sam who I care more about than Cade.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

1986: 4/5
    2007: 3/5
    RotF: 2/5
    DotM: 3/5
    AoE: 2/5
    TLK: 1/5
    BB: 4/5

I don't trust myself with any higher precision, especially decimals. I see people giving some films grades a few decimals short of perfect like these films are masterpieces.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

You only go up to 5 out of 5
    Agree with you on all of them

15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers: The Movie (1986) 6/10. I lose interest after Prime dies. I like some stuff afterwards, like the Dinobots, Kup/Hot Rod Junkion and Unicron/Galvatron scenes but only as Youtube scenes.
    Transformers (2007) 6/10 I'm not a fan of the second act. Screentime of Bots.
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 6.5/10. Not a fan of the writing, but fun time, not a fan of the Egypt stuff, until the tomb of the Primes scene. I found The Fallen to be an interesting villain in how in his POV he did nothing wrong, but his brother were the ones to betray him.
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon 8/10. I love the story, the character work, and the pacing.
    Transformers: Age of Extinction 9/10. I love the story, the character work, and the pacing. Although the final fight could have allowed for more time in the editing room.
    Transformers: The Last Knight 5.7/10, Editing, too much felt cut out. Needed to be 30 minutes longer. Story kept me interested, some good moments when rewatching.
    Bumblebee 6/10 Not a fan of the second act and Bumblebee's amnesia story felt overblown. Felt more like Charlie's story than Bumblebee's.
    Transformers Prime: Predacon Rising 8/10, I love the ending, Predaking's story and Megatron's story.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Optimus141

Optimus141 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1. The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
    2. Transformers ( 2007)
    3. Bumblebee
    4. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    5. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

AOE and TLK.....nah. I just can't rank them. While the CGI and the effects are brilliant for the most part ( Transformium?), the stories sucked in both and I didn't like any of the human characters.

17. Minibots

Minibots Well-Known Member

I’ll do a little ranking here.
    1.) Bumblebee
    2.) TFTM
    3.) Transformers (2007)
    4.) DOTM
    5.) ROTF
    6.) AOE
    7.) TLK

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I look AT the Transformers movies as a bot film just really that simple nothing more or less. It's just NOT HEAD CANNON for my transformers i love and collect.

19. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen probably would have been different if there wasnt a writers strike.

So be grateful that the movie got made and people still watch it. The Fallen still looks like the Bionicle robots

20. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 The Weeb Transformers Fan.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Best to worst
    Bumblebee-9/10
    Transformers(2007)-8.5/10
    Transformers(1986)-8/10
    DOTM-7/10
    AOE-6.5/10
    ROTF-5/10
    TLK-3/10