Your most despised food

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

its interesting to read what some people hate while others love the same....

I have been told my food hatred is very wierd all the time but you wont catch me eating lettuce or anything with lettuce. So while out on bussiness dinners I'm the freak pushing the "leaf" off to the side of the plate. Yeah I have taken some crap for it but I just cant eat it, no matter what.

2. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

If there's too much lettuce in a sandwich or something I'll usually take out half, so I can understand your lettuce hate a little bit.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Candy Corn. Yuck. Doesn't even count as candy to me.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Doesn't count as corn either.

5. Deceptikitty

"Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1914. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys out into the villages, to collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it! They wash it! I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, 'Here Lewis! This is corn that tastes like candy!' (takes it, eats it) ... 'This tastes like crap!' And every year since then, Halloween is returned and I, like an Alzheimer's patient, find myself in a room, and the room has a table in it, and on the table, is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it, as if I've never seen it before. 'Candy corn,' I think. 'Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait.' (takes it, takes a bite) 'SON OF A BITCH!'"

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    candy corn + peanuts= salted nut roll.

That makes candy corn tolerable for me.

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
  8. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

I'm not sure there is an adaquate reply to this......the only thing I can think of is that my lettuce issue has been trumped.

Bring on the salad...booo to the blood soup

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Svartsoppa FTW?

It even trumps black pudding

10. Big_Daddy

News Credits:
    yeah, I tasted it once just for the heck of it, and I almost vomited when the smell from the plate overwhelmed me... Heated-up blood, chunks of apple, and mustard.... Yum yum...

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Theres quite a few, but one that comes to mind is Sauerkraut, the smell alone makes me gag. V8 is pretty gross as well although not technically a food, its still pretty god awful. And any thing like liver or gizzard I wont eat on principal alone. Also, peppers and onions, I know lots of people love to cook with those, but man I just hate the taste and texture of both of them, yuck.

12. Big_Daddy

News Credits:
    oh, and Vegemite....

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    The variety of foods people despise in this thread make me realize the veritable cornucopia of foods I love ... especially seafood.

I'm allergic to raw fruits and vegetables, (it's an immune system thing) so I usually get the look of disgust from waitstaff when I decline their generous offers of salad or coleslaw or when I ask to have the lettuce, assorted greens, tomato and/or raw onion removed from my burger or that insidious wedge of lemon from my water. I then patiently explain to them that it's easier for me to ask to not have these things than explain that I have a food allergy and could go into anaphylactic shock and cause a scene in their restaurant.

14. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate, and haven't had since I was 3 or 4, Mayo. I don't care if it's one little speck I won't touch the food that it's on/in. There's just something about it that sickens me physically, even when I'm only thinking about it. Just like I can eat peppers raw but won't touch them if they're cooked.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Plus I believe it's illegal to be in the Bay Area and not like Seafood. I think it was something Dukakis set in place.

16. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I just tried something the other day that I've heard other people hating on... Durian.

The best thing I can really say about it is "I don't mind the taste." It's like really sweet roasted onion, with a soft avocado texture. I was told that my breath was atrocious after eating it.

17. Deceptikitty

I think that was on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I'm surprised he couldn't eat it. Kudos to you for liking it, though.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll try damn near anything, but the one food I wouldn't even consider was Rocky Mountain Oysters on a trip to Key West.

I mean, that's where I was, but I wouldn't eat them anywhere. Ever.

19. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Lutefisk and surströmming.

20. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    :lolol 

It was probably to make up for that whole tank fiasco.

Went out for dinner last night with my drinking group at work to this local seafood restaurant/townie dive bar and had the seafood pie. Lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp, and schrod coated in breadcrumbs and baked in a casserole dish. Omigod ... it was out of this world.