Customs: YOUR input on my next custom...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jon5000, Aug 9, 2009.

?

Okay, I've narrowed it down to two... both equally cool, but which is best?

1. B-24 Liberator

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Union Pacific 'Big Boy' Train

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Hello, hopefully I got your attention.

SO, I'm slowing down a lot on my Jazz sculpture/diorama lately - awaiting on parts etc. - thought I'd get back to doing what I love best - CONCEPTS!

I've been thinking about imagining one of the other Seekers from ROTF. From TF Wikia, they are listed as...

Unnamed Ford Model T automobile
    Unnamed B-24 Liberator bomber
    Unnamed F-104 Starfighter interceptor
    Unnamed J-3a Hudson Steam Locomotive

So my question to you guys is, WHO should I do? AND what should there names/allegiances be?

At the moment, I'm really getting into the idea of doing a B-24 Liberator - I'm picturing an old Autobot - maybe with a personality like some ol'WWII veteran.

Thoughts/ideas?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Create a poll in this thread :) 

3. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

My next WIP (YOUR input required...)

Hello, hopefully I got your attention.

SO, I'm slowing down a lot on my Jazz sculpture/diorama lately - awaiting on parts etc. - thought I'd get back to doing what I love best - CONCEPTS!

I've been thinking about imagining one of the other Seekers from ROTF. From TF Wikia, they are listed as...

Unnamed Ford Model T automobile
    Unnamed B-24 Liberator bomber
    Unnamed F-104 Starfighter interceptor

So my question to you guys is, WHO should I do? AND what should their names/allegiances be?

At the moment, I'm really getting into the idea of doing a B-24 Liberator - I'm picturing an old Autobot - maybe with a personality like some ol'WWII veteran.

Thoughts/ideas?

Attached Files:

4. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    this pls :) 

5. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Actually... can you close this thread? I want to announce this as a WIP, so I've opened it up on the main customs page

How do I do a poll?

6. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

f-104 man. :D 

7. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Of course I haven't taken into account getting hold of the necessary kits/parts for each vehicle... looking at it, I'd say the two aircraft would probably be the easiest, with the locomotive being the most difficult. Still, it'd be a beast of a character. But then so would that B-24...

Question... are the Seekers in the movie-verse ALL decepticons? Being that they're hunting for suns to harvest - are they working for just The Fallen at this point, or all of the Prime dynasty?

8. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

J-3a Hudson Steam Locomotive!

9. Smarch

Smarch Decepticon

i'd imagine they are all decepticons. they needed a decepticon to find one, and none of the autobots knew anything about them

10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I have a thing for the F-104 myself. Something about those stubby wings. But the locomotive does sound awesome.:thumbs2: 

11. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    train = ultra magnus.

12. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

I think the B-24 has the most 'doable' appeal, from my point of view. However the train would be so awesome - particularly as Ultra Magnus! And I mean those Pacific trains are huuuge, so he'd be huuuge.

But the main reason is this:YouTube - Transformer Train V 2 HD

The only downside of the train is the difficulty of getting it in kit form. I have a superb model shop near me that sells just about every plane/military vehicle/car made - but alas trains they do not. The closest model kit I can get hold of off the top of my head is this:
    [​IMG]
    Which, to be fair, I actually prefer. But it would be nice to stick to how they're described in the movie...

Back to the names though, I think something Latinized like Ultra Magnus or Alpha Trion would work. Any others from the multi-verse?

13. big hank

News Credits:
    I'm partial to Biggimus Hankimus.

Seriously though, the movie kind of alludes to seekers being Decepticons so maybe the bomber as Dirge, 'cause of the droning sound of the engines. But if you do the Latin/Roman thing I do like Alpha Trion. But couldn't Omega Supreme be a seeker for that matter?

14. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Ah man, I'm totally seeing a Big Boy Locomotive called OMEGA SUPREME!

Be such a nice model too, I live near a superb model railway shop so I'd be able to make a neat little run of track for it!

15. big hank

News Credits:
    I think you're onto something now! The track would be a nice nod to G1, especially if you could get a couple sections on his back in bot mode!

Do Eeeeet! Doo Eeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!!!!!

16. Crazy Ninjaman

Crazy Ninjaman TF fan since 1993

Unnamed J-3a Hudson Steam Locomotive definetley

17. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    if you make these you need to get a picture of them fighting limewire's ancient primes!

18. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I agree with big hank. I'd like to see the B-24 as Omega Supreme.

19. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Okay... sorry I've narrowed it down to a two. The B-24 and the Union Pacific 'Big Boy'. The other two are great vehicles, however they're not BIG enough lol.

I'm off to the model shop tomorrow (day off yay!), so I'm hopefully gonna have a concrete idea by tomorrow. I've set up a poll so you guys can influence me some more if you wish!

I'm liking Omega Supreme and Ultra Magnus at the mo for names. Character is important at this stage, because it'll really influence my design- if he's a Decepticon, he'll be more sinister or vice versa if he's an Autobot. Any more suggestions regarding that?

20. IsThatOne

IsThatOne Spark Rebirther Core

I'd like to see that... Since he would be a strictly on the rails alt mode maybe he should be a very straight forward thinker, heavily disciplined and abides and enforces the rule of the Primes more than others. So his (or her) allegiance I suppose would be to the old order.

But taking the Alt mode character... uh, maybe he should be easily angered by things he considers out of line or disorderly. A strong individual with a steadfast enduring personality.

His job... uh... maybe he could spend the time seeking in the tunnels as a burrower making secret caverns where bases could be held... Then this would mean the robot form should be like a mole or caterpillar type body. OH! and with an extending neck and extra arms to support the walls and ceiling underground. Many legs man arms...

Name... uh, not so good...uh.. er.. guhh... how about Fissure... to destructive of a name?

But that's just my suggestions. =)