Your greatest video game achievements?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dark_Convoy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Well back in the day I could beat 3 level 9 CPUS in Smash 64 with Kirby.

Beating all 3 Halo games on Legendary solo?

Being able to 100% Zelda Ocarina of Time from memory alone...

Nothing that special. New school games are a lot easier than old ones.

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Beating Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) on Very Hard.

Also: Quitting WoW after having a serious addiction problem.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Very First Zelda in 45 minutes, no Deaths.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Beating FF7 made me feel very accomplished for that whole year.

5. KingForm

KingForm Banned

Getting every trophy in Super Smash Bros Melee (minus Captain Olimar) that took over a solid month of my brother and I playing. I could have kissed him when he unlocked the Sheriff Trophy.

6. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

100% Item collection on Metroid 2, and Super Metroid... AND all under 2 hours. I still know where every item is in both games.

Unlocking the Jedi Potenial in all possable characters in KotOR 2 (keeping Handmaiden's rep is hard when ya get Vista Marr onboard. Nice to one pisses the other off)

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine are pretty simple and they are:

i) defeating ruby and emerald weapon in FFVII
    ii) completing the Metal Gear Series (from the PS1 version);

In fact, I'm satisfied in completing any game I buy! LOL!

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, Ruby and Emerald were big ups. I felt I could not finish the game without beating them, so I failed to complete the game three times. It wasn't until I played through it on the PSP that I finally beat them and allowed myself to see the ending of the game.

But you did not, in fact, complete the Metal Gear series. The Metal Gear SOLID series, maybe. But there are six other Metal Gear games. Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Snake's Revenge, Acid and Acid 2. There's also Metal Gear Solid for the GBC and Portable Ops. Those are both in canon with Metal Gear Solid.

AND there's the extra missions in VR Missions, Substance, Subsistance and Portable Ops+

And I have a bet going with a friend of mine that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to have plot points that lead to the events that take place in Snatcher, so you should probably play it just to be sure.

Beat all those and you're good, I think. Unless you can get ahold of a pocketstation and a japanese copy of Metal Gear Solid: Integral.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh man good times

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was never able to beat any of those, and I really tried to finish the first one about a million times, still like the game though.

For me,my all time greatest is beating the hardest difficulty in Goldeneye.

I suck so bad lately though I was really excited to come in first in 2 free for all matches in a row on COD4. :lol 

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Being able to totally complete and dominate at Super Mario World and Kart for SNES.

Also beating Zelda OoT with no help.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I had forgotten about Super Mario World. It was awesome being able to find all the hidden stages and the Star world.

13. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

Being ranked in the top twenty Quake II (deathmatch) and Quake III (Instagib) players nationally.

Racking up 400+ kills in 5 minutes in a Quake II ten player match. Can't remember the mod name or the map other than there were a bunch of teleporters and runes (e.g. strength, haste, health, defense). DM4 maybe?

Then there was beating Ninja Gaiden, Ghosts N Goblins, 1942, etc. others have mentioned.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Getting the MVP Achievement in Halo 3. That might not sound like a big deal, but the guys that have played with me will know why it is.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I actually got it by accident. Lord knows I am not the best in any match but that night I was able to say that I had been the MVP.

16. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I'm not sure really, I am proud of my beating all of Silver's missions on hard for Sonic 06, that one took me a while. Kinda shows. A) I'm a big enough Sonic fan to put up with that game that long and B.)I am one sad achievement whore.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another achievement was getting 100% in the first Crash Bandicoot. That sounds silly, but it was rediculously hard. In order to get 100% on a stage, you need to destroy all the crates. The problem is, if you die, the crates reappear, and you have to backtrack to find the crates all over if you were at a checkpoint. So, essentially you had to do all the tasks of getting each crate, which was often difficult, but also stay alive- it ws pretty tough.

Oh, in my anticipation of FF7, I ordered the Japanese one and used my modded PS. Of course, I really only know how to sound out Katakana, so I couldn't read anything besides names. I spent quite a bit of time at certain parts, such as when you have to dig for the item that lets you get into the ancient forrest, or the crossdressing part in Midgar. It had a lot of, as they call it, geijin protection, I think. Anyways, I ended up beating it. I also found the secret dog enemy in the well in the prison, called Type "0" or something, which was exclusive to early Japanese copies.

18. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for N64. Game Players said that flying under an AT-AT on the Hoth level was impossible. Looking back, they were probably full of bullshit, but I was 10 and I believed them. But one day while playing at a friend's house, I was playing Hoth. I wasn't terribly skilled with the tow cable, so anytime I played Hoth I just shot the Walkers. This time, I got over zealous and kept shooting, trying to destroy it without having to go back for another attack. I destroyed it, but I was too close to swerve to the side or fly above so I went under while it was falling down and survived.

Completing everything (except the Crazy Hand trophy) in Super Smash Bros Melee is something I'm proud of, especially since it required releasing Celebi from a Pokeball TWICE. The first time awarded me the trophy, but since it was Giant DK in an Adventure Mode match that used the Pokeball, I didn't get the point bonus. Fortunately, Celebi made a return appearance a short time later in a multiplayer match.

The first time I completed the Pokedex in Pokemon Red. Any time since has just been mostly tedious and I'm just relieved it's over.

Beating The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3. Even though I was playing on Very Easy (it was my first time playing MGS), I still found that fight to be tricky, but I managed to win with less that 15 seconds.

But deep down inside, I'm still proud of killing that first Goomba in Super Mario Bros when I was four. :lol 

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Getting past the 'race' level on Sonic CD after $deity-only-knows how many attempts.

Reaching 'Elite' status on the classic of the same name twice, once on the BBC and again on my (not quite as) old Archimedes.

Completing the hardest level on GB Tetris 'Game B' - on my first go. Soviet Space Shuttle launch ftw.

20. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Getting to level 23 in NES Tetris - very tough.
    and defeating all GTA PS2 games without cheating