Your five worst TF Prime episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Shadowzone - cliche and utterly dull. The only funny part was Starscream losing his arm.

2. Predatory - lots of build-up with Arcee freaking out and having flashbacks, and in the end, it turns out Airachnid isn't even that big of a threat.

3. Convoy - Fowler comes across as whiney and incompetent here, and it brings down the whole episode. It does have it's good points, though - Miko wields an axe yet again, and Arcee jumps out of Prime's trailer in a really cool way.

4. Metal Attraction - forgettable.

5. TMI - not as bad as people make it out to be, but it's still not the best.

2. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    Man, this is tough, whenever i think of an episode i'm always reminded of something awesome that happened aswell

3. CuteMegatron

CuteMegatron Member

1)Shadowzone. My god that was awful.
    Convoy was equally bad.

4. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I disagree here. The key word for this episode is fear: The fear of Arcee confronting the one who tortured and killed her fist partner leaving her watching helpless, and the possibility of suffer that kind of lost again. And the fear of Jack, who must escape from a murderous, sadistic monster without any help or way to defeat her. Airachnid herself works well as a robo-Shelob, except that she talks so much.

Worst episodes for me? Macguffin episodes. After a few, anyone gets tired.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TMI aired after Partners
    Partners aired after Rock Bottom

6. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

heres my list
    5."T.M.I."
    4."Con Job"
    3.Metal Attraction
    2."Crisscross"
    1."Predatory (this Episode is the worst for me)

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    This is rough. I liked ALL the episodes. But the ones at the bottom of the list?

Deus Ex Machina - Liked the introduction of Knockout and Breakdown, but the McGuffin was sort of silly.
    Shadowzone - Good but not great I guess.
    Metal Attraction - Another silly McGuffin, but I still got some laughs and good action.
    TMI - Silly McGuffin again, but it served as a good prologue to "Stronger, Faster" and was still enjoyable.
    Masters and Students - good, not great. Liked Prime telling Skyquake to "STAY DOWN". Ratchet's science fair projects were epic.

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which episodes I would list as much five worst. But I can tell you this much, I would say that the five worst episodes of Transformers Prime (thus far) are probably better episodes than the five worst episodes of the original Transformers cartoon.

9. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I should note before I start listing these off that I love all the episodes of Transformers: Prime and find things to like about them...with the exception of the first one listed here:

Crisscross

This is the only Transformers: Prime episode that got so boring for me that I almost shut it off without watching the whole thing. It's such a watered-down rehash of Predatory without all the creepiness and suspense. And starting from this episode, Airachnid's character takes a turn for the worst as she goes from an interesting, lone serial killer to nothing more than a poor man's Starscream. Sure, MECH is here too, but I don't really care about Silas' group.

The only new and interesting element is June finally meeting the Autobots, and that could have easily been done in a different, much better episode episode.

Metal Attraction

This entire episode is basically just one big fight scene and completely forgettable over all. It would've been nice to go into more detail about Bulkhead and Breakdown's rivalry, but Airachnid appears and that whole idea is thrown out the window in favour of a scramble to get the Polarity Gauntlet and battle after battle of Airachnid vs. Breakdown and rival vs. rival x2. Also, that nonsensical message at the end where June is painted as being in the wrong for being too concerned about her son interacting with giant alien robots that are at war with one another. That whole angle was handled much better in One Shall Rise [Part 1] and didn't make June out to be a nag for being concerned about her own child's safety.

Convoy

The first appearance of MECH. I think the writers are really trying to legitimize human villains in a Transformers series without making them so cartoony supervillain like TFA did. While I think they've pretty much succeeded in that respect, I just don't find MECH very interesting. The constant topics revolving around whether MECH are going to build

- A combiner
    - Pretender shells
    - A piloted mech
    - Nightbird
    etc, etc

...have made me grown tired of hearing about them.

This episode definitely has its moments, but ultimately falls a little flat for me.

Darkness Rising [Part 3]

This is a decent episode, actually, but I included it here because it seems to be mostly padding to draw out the plot of the premier for five episodes instead of four. It's the one episode of that opening five-parter that I usually skip over because of that.

Shadowzone

Now brace yourselves for this, because...I don't actually hate this episode. No, no, put those pitchforks away! No need to get violent!

For me, Starscream's antics and his interaction with Knock Out totally saved this episode from being a terrible one. In fact, I tend to view Starscream's side of things as the A plot and everything else as the B plot of this episode. When you think about it that way, it makes for a much more enjoyable viewing.

But if I like this episode so much, why is it here? Well...it's here because I can't deny that without all the Starscream stuff this episode is boring and predictable as all hell. And the fact that it was the last episode to air before a huge break between new episodes didn't help matters much. So I can see why it's so hated by many on these forums.

10. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Exactly. TMI aired after Rock Bottom. You are correct. I am correct. :) 

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Speed metal
    Shadow zone (the last part mainly)
    Crisscross
    Tmi
    Rock bottom

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shadowzone and TMI.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Metal Attraction, Predatory, Criss Cross, Shadowzone, Deus Ex Machina, Convoy, hell even Con Job isn't that great when I go back and watch it. Wheeljack is boring as spit and the plot is so predictable.

14. MissRedZelda

MissRedZelda Active Member

Oh hai everybody!

5. T.M.I (Miko... haven't you learned your lesson by now? That you serve absolutely no purpose other than to be the annoying little brat who suffers from Aesop amnesia? Please go back to Japan and never return)

4. Speed Metal (Oh hi boring, cliche forgettable, human characters who we'll never see again. Goodbye boring, cliche forgettable, human characters who we'll never see again!)

3. Masters and Students (God, SHUT UP, OPTIMUS!)

2. Predatory (Um, Arcee? haven't you already gone through the whole 'angst about my dead partners for an episode then oh happy days' like... twenty times beforehand? ... right?)

1. Shadowzone (*Beats Miko to death with the sharp end of a spade* Ok, I'm good)

Honourable mentions:

Darkness Rising Pt 5 (Did... Raf just hack into a highly guarded Government... site or something in under ten seconds? Do the writers even know how hacking works?!)

Darkness Rising pt 1 (Did... they just kill off a character whom some of us have no prior knowledge of unless they were die-hard fans in the first five minutes?)

Con-Job (Are the humans and Autobots blind? Or just plan stupid. Wheeljack/Makeshift might as well have worn a sign that said 'I'm an imposter!' the whole time!)

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I don't get the last one. They figured it out pretty quickly. And there were no visual differences.

16. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Hm interesting. Though I didn't feel that any episode was really bad, I just noticed that I hardly remember most episodes. But maybe the episode where Mech first appears was a bit underwhelming. But I'm not sure. Like I said, I hardly remember most of the episodes.

17. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

As much as I like Transformers Prime I still will not let the crap episodes slide.
    Okay here goes from the worst at the top and a honorary mention. Be prepared for a long post.
    1. Predatory - Airachnid the Stalker and femme fatale says hi. And guess what Airachnid does not play the femme fatale role right. The only good part was when Jack set her ship on fire. That was it. Poor Arcee needs some help. Seriously I felt bad for her and slowly she's getting better thank goodness. Airachnid take villain lessons from Maleficent please.
    2. Crisscross - Airachnid can you do anything else besides stalk Jack and Arcee like a pedophile? Is it too much to ask for girl? Being another Starscream later in the season is not going to save you either. Fowler brings in highly classified aircraft only to get it scanned AGAIN. Is this going to be running gag writers?
    3. Con Job - Hi guys look it's Drift 2.0 and his name is Wheeljack except he's Bulkhead's best buddy, a wrecker, and a one bot army. It was so easy to tell who was Makeshift and who was Wheeljack so easily it makes you want to facepalm. Makeshift is a crappy actor and yet he goes unnoticed until Bulkhead catches him. Thank you Bulkhead you deserve a energon cookie. Predictable story and hard to remember.
    4. Metal Attraction - This episode is so boring I almost forgot it exists. Airachnid and Breakdown have a rivalry formed until the end of the episode and Miko is jealous of Bulkhead and Arcee for no reason. June gets accused of being too protective, but she was just worried. If your child was hanging out with a group of giant alien robots who fight on a daily basis wouldn't you be worried too?
    5. Shadowzone - Let me say this right now. I like this episode I really do so don't kill me. Why is it here you ask? Here's why. The episode is predictable as heck, but it is not boring either. This episode has a lot of entertaing moments, but not a lot either. This episode is like a mixed bag and a cheap box of chocolate where it is good, but bordering on average. Miko gets into trouble yet again (nice job Arcee) and does not learn a thing from this episode because a few episodes later she starts again. Starscream is the Wile E. Coyote in this episode since he goes through crap the whole time and Knockout is actually trying to be a doctor to Starscream. Poor Starscream gets the beat down by Megatron and is scarred all over making him look rough. My favorite moment was when Steve (eradicon) was like what the frag when Starscream came back with a arm missing. The Knock Out and Starscream moments saved this episode from being up higher. You better dang well appreciate it Shadowzone.
    Honorable mention
    1. Speed Metal - The only reasons this is not at the top is because of Knock Out and Breakdown. Another reason I spared this episode is because I love how the writers showed how the color red signifies sexuality and excitement in doing daring activities through some of the characters. Knock Out, Vince, and Sierra have the colors red on them which is the main symbol in this episode. But the thing is we don't give a crap about Vince and Sierra. Knock Out gets into the habit of going into illegal street racing until Starscream scratches him up in the end, has the color red all over him, and loves to look fabulous at all times. That's right Knock Out is the most sexually overt character in the show and is more vocal about it than even Airachnid. If the writers showed us more interesting new humans or made Vince and Sierra less forgettable characters people would like this episode more. And one thing I learned in this episode is that you better tell a good foolproof lie to Optimus because he will find out and let me tell you he knows when your lying and will give the the "enough with the bull" face while he's at it.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    This thread is making me want to go back and re-watch Shadowzone. I don't remember being that bored watching it...

19. MissRedZelda

MissRedZelda Active Member

Not really. They should have caught on the moment he started asking about the stuff Ratchet was working on. And need I remind you about Miko's "that stuff over there will blow this place sky high" line?

20. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

That's probably because she isn't a femme fatale. Honestly now, didn't we go over this in another thread? A femme fatale is a character archetype defined specifically as a woman who uses her sexuality and seduces/flirts with men to manipulate them and put them in danger. Since Airachnid has never been seductive and never flirted with anyone in the show, how can she be a femme fatale?

I don't even know where people are getting this idea that she is one. The only thing that comes to mind is Breakdown saying that he was "intrigued" by her, and that says more about Breakdown than about Airachnid herself. For all we know, he might not have even had a chance to talk to her since Metal Attraction. Or it could be that that was a throwaway line or some sort of bizarre meta joke (since both of their voice actors were in the same show before).

I mean, I don't even like Airachnid as a character at all, but to hate her for being a certain way when she isn't even like that in canon strikes me as very peculiar.