Your FIRST transformer and the history behind it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    We all started from somewhere, right? What's your first TF figure ever, how did you get it, when did you get it, and has it survived your childhood 'till now?

Mine is Wideload [late G1]. Got him around...93? 94? The store had at the time most throttlebots, G1 Prime, G1 Powermaster Prime, some aerialbots and some protectobots along with constructicons. My mother asked me which one I wanted, and I replied "the truck". I meant Optimus Prime, but what the heck. He still survives to this day, his gimmick destroyed by wheels that are bent out of shape, he's too loose to stand up on his own, and here he is in all his glory.

[​IMG]

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Beast Wars Inferno was my first transformer figure. Sadly he didn't survive my childhood, the only part of him I have left is his gun.

3. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I had a old g1 top spin which is somewhere in my parents gun still

4. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Did top spin transform into a bullet or something? :lol 

My first was Armada scavenger I believe. He's LONG gone... :( 

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Wtf spell check. I meant to type house lol

6. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

It was a Beast Wars figure. I want to say Fox Kids Dinobot, but I'm not sure. I was really young. I still have it, though.

7. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Jetfire that I shared with my brother was probably the first and only. Years later bought an Armada deluxe bendy prime and thought that was the coolest thing ever. Nothing after and then came Alternators Smokescreen. Alternators started a TF collecting binge that persists till today.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 Mirage for me. According to my mother she picked up the only two toys they had on the shelf, then gave up one (Ironhide supposedly) to another mother who couldn't find TF toys.

I might've had a whole different view of TFs if I got Ironhide for my birthday in '84 instead of Mirage.

9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Christmas, 1984, G1 Optimus Prime ( parents came through big time ). Been in love with the line ever since.

10. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skywarp for my 8th birthday in 1984. Parents took me to TRU to pick something out, because we had just moved across country, and I wasn't going to get a party or anything. My brother and sister also pitched in and gave me Ratchet a few days later.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    G1 devastator Mawhahahaa back in 1992
    Then G2 sideswipe
    Then g2 ariel bots

then it follew with my perants geting me KO versons of transformers all the way up till beast wars kinda hard when you ask for a transformer that turns into a T rex

and the first transformer i brought as a collector was RID optimusprime god i seen the toy ran up to it and went oh HELL yes i must have this soon i had to get the spy changers then minicons god mincons then the rest of armada then it was down hill from there i now have ever cast character that got a toy from beast wars till Now lol

next up skyquake and smokescreen lol

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh man.. first tf.. I don't even know, but i know that i don't have it anymore... Would have to of been pre-'86 tftm... Maybe one of the constructicons, i think.

13. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    2001 or something. RiD/Car Robots Optimus, with Magnus following shortly after. Got them because I saw the cartoon and thought it was the coolest flipping thing ever.

14. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no real idea what my first transformer was as I started about 26 years ago when I was about 6, but important ones for me that I can remember having real early:
    Optimus Prime, Think this must have been a christmas 85/86 one, Huffer, though I managed to lose him within a week, got bought it before setting off on holiday in 86, when we got home it had gone missing.

Top spin, Another one I got for birthday or christmas, Inspired my to make my own little comic book (aged 7) called Astroships vs the Space Zappers (I think). The astroships ripped off Topspin.
    One of the first I remember buying myself was probably Minibot Bumblebee when they were selling loads of them for 99p on pegs at woolworths.

One I really loved though was Triggerbot Override. And I have great fondness for Powermaster Joyride, who I got for my brithday in 1989 while my brother got Getaway.

15. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Cheetor! Saw him in K-Mart and HAD to have him since I loved the character in the show when it started. Still have him until this day, his elbow is kind of janky and I lost his weapons (which become his cheetah tail and chest) but still!

16. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    G1 Jazz. My aunt bought for a x-mas gift for me when I was around 6. Mom through it in a closet and forgot to give it to me until she found it about 6 month after x-mas. Awesome bot. At the time I had no idea who/what transformers was, but with in a year or so started watching the cartoons and was hooked.

17. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    My first Transformer was G1 Gears around 1984/85. I would have been roughly 9 years old. My Dad bought it for me in Tesco! I've still got the toy, and it's in pretty good condition. I lost my Dad a few years ago, so the toy holds even higher value now.
    Can't wait for iGear's Cogz (or whatever he's gonna be called)
    I've been waiting a long time for a 'new' version of Gears.

18. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really can't remember my first Transformer as it waaaay back in 85-87. All I know is I had a g1 Thrust, Cyclonus, Slag, Dragstrip, Trailbreaker?, Jetfire, some Insecticons, and half a Devastator (mum wouldn't by me the rest of him:( ). I sold them in about 1990 I think. I was more into MOTU as a child. I then had nothing to do with Transformers right up until 2007 ( couldnt hack those Beast War things) when the day the first movie came out. I went to Kmart and bought a movie Barricade, watched the movie, and the rest is history.

19. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy... G1 Hound. Pretty much totally into GI Joe at the time (1984). Had some $$$. (like $10-$15). Went to Kiddie City to buy my first ever TF in 1984. Hound fit in well with the military theme of toys that I had. and the rest is history.

20. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I had begged and begged my parents for a transformer for months, and come Christmas, sure enough, to my thorough excitement, I opened a box that contained none other than.....

.... a lousy Go-Bot!!! Worst Christmas ever. That said, soon afterwards, my parents went to Vegas (again I was pissed because it was the first vacation they hadn't taken us on, wow, telling this I realize what a spoiled sh*t I was), and they came back with none other than....

.... SOUNDWAVE!!!!! Woot!! Still got him, and still my favorite tf character bar none. I was still sad that I broke one of Buzzsaw's cannons out of the box, but still, it was a good day. Soon, MP Soundwave will be joining him, some 28 years later.