your first favorite and recent favorite character?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by streak2, May 11, 2019.

1. streak2

streak2 Well-Known Member

I just like how favorites can change depending on your taste then vs now, so a silly threat just for curiosity, what was your favorite character the first time getting into transformers and what is your favorite character now? and, just if you're feeling like it, why?

example:

My first favorite was TFA Blitwing, as a kid, I just thought he was really funny and I would choose to be a jet while playing with friends just because of him, now my favorite is Cosmos, mostly because of the overall idea of the character and ufo aesthetic!

• Like Like x 6
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Drift, because I fell for the "epic ninja samurai dude" bit when he first came out.

Now it's Nightbeat, because I feel he's one of the few characters who's just interesting as he is without needing to elaborate or change his base personality.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Soundwave. since the first time i'd seen him in 1984. The only thing that changed: his Transformers Prime iteration is my favorite Soundwave version.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave forever

• Like Like x 12
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    My first favorite character is probably Bumblebee, more specifically his Transformers: Animated incarnation. Recently, I've also taken a liking to Bumblebee's portrayal in the old Marvel comic books. He's an entertaining and relatable character who feels a bit more down to Earth than a lot of the other characters in the franchise.

As for recent favorites, I'm gonna give it to Blaster. Sunbow Blaster wasn't really a character I liked too much, mainly due to him just being Jazz 2.0. However, Blaster is much more interesting in the Marvel comics, which I mentioned I was taking a look at above. Though a much more grim and serious character, he at the very least stands out as his own character. His hatred of the Decepticons and rebellious nature make him a bit more than just another generic good guy.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ironhide all the way.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Optimus Prime was my first favorite. It’s kind of phased throughout the years, from Metroplex to Devastator to Sandstorm to Snapdragon. Character-wise I chose my favorite to be G1 Scorponok. Marvel comics never gave me a reason to change it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy As cool as the earth is blue!

Warpath, first Transformer I ever fell in love with.

Recently Shockwave has became a favorite of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave since the 1980s .
    Other favourites are Seaspray , Sludge , Optimus and Hotrod although i nearly always revert back to Soundwave .
    Most recently i have become a big fan of B.B from Beast Wars 2 .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    As a kid Bumblebee was my favorite but as I got older my favorite became Starscream, I just started finding characters a whole lot more interesting then Bee.

• Like Like x 1
  11. StArS cReAm

StArS cReAm I AM THE BEAST I WORSHIP!

First favorite, well...just look at my name.
    Recent favorite is Sunstorm. I love the whole "I'm filled with the power of GOD!!!!"shtick, and the idea of him being a clone.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime is the best character in every continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SideswipeFriend2005

SideswipeFriend2005 Mirror Universe Counterpart

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sideswipe never does anything, but I think he's fantastic. Maybe I like his character because I can fill in the blanks in his personality, or maybe because the Countach is one of the best looking cars designed by mankind. I don't know, but I will fight you if you think sunstreaker is better.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    Kinda always been Shockwave, the Marvel iteration. Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge are also firm favourites, but Shockers still reigns supreme.

15. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First was either Optimus, Hot Rod, or Wheeljack. I thought they looked cool.

Then Shockwave and Ratchet because of the Marvel Comics

Now it’s Minerva, I love Headmasters and Medics

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    Back in the day it was Dinobot because I was a dinosaur kid and he was the only good guy who turned into a dinosaur and he sounded cool and was just generally super cool to 7 year old me.

Now I'm a Big Boy I find it hard to pin down just one particular favourite, Ratchet maybe? Across multiple series if there's a Ratchet then there's a good chance he's gonna be good as hell. And of course I still love Dinobot but for less superficial reasons than when I was a yoof.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Soundwave has always been my favorite. I loved his cartoon appearance and his toy as a kid. And as an adult it was Masterpiece Soundwave that got me back into collecting and Siege Soundwave that convinced me to buy into the Siege line.

He will always be my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jetfire343

Jetfire343 No matter the continuity, Jetfire always rules!

As in my username and signature, Jetfire, with Cybetron (cartoon) being the first version i remember, though i like all versions of the character, something about him just stuck with me when i watched Cybertron

19. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

As a kid, my favorite piece of Transformers media was, without question, Prime. Now, Prime had a lot of fantastic characters on both the Autobot and the Decepticon sides. However, my favorite was probably the lovable Bulkhead. He was a character that I found very endearing growing up. He was big and strong, yet had a warm and caring heart. There was something about that character archetype that just really appealed to me for whatever reason.

As for my opinion today, well scrap! I don't know! It depends on whatever show we're talking about! I guess if we're going by G1, I might have to go with Ironhide. He played a unique role in the 1984 cast of Autobots as the seasoned veteran, and his close friendship with Optimus was one of the most wholesome aspects of the show's first two seasons. He's also got some great moments, of both the comedic and badass variety.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    My first cartoon was RID2001 and out of all the characters in that show from my first time watching it, Side Burn always stuck out to me the most. I guess he would have been my first favorite character.

Nowadays? It's Sky Lynx. Simply because Sky Lynx's mere existence encapsulates the sheer absurdity of the Transformers brand and mythology, but also because I love characters who are pompous dicks.

• Like Like x 2