Your first experience watching any Transformers film

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NitroSandwich17, Jun 19, 2014.

1. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

Just thought a good idea to make this where we can talk where we saw each film and how excited or let down we were.

2. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    Oh god, my first ever transformers film was the 2007 one. I hadn't really gotten into transformers at all (I was only seven at the time) but when i saw that movie i was so blown away. we ended up going back to theater over three more times to see it.

3. timvpareen

timvpareen Active Member

News Credits:
    best thing i remember was seeing movie 1 on a premiere evening and have everybody go absolutely ballistic at the arrival on earth scene. Optimus driving towards Sam for the first time had everybody stand up and him and rest of the autobots transforming for the first time made everyone go crazy. Shit was wild and so good.

4. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

Me too! Well sort of, I was 9. I watched a view animated series. Watched G1 around the web as I wasn't alive when it was first on TV and then seeing Transformers, I had no clue of any actors, only Shia Labeouf from Even Stevens LOL. Well I loved it and it's my favourite movie franchise to day! I remember ROTF, but I was bored and I checked what was on at the cinema, and I completely forgot ROTF was out! I enjoyed it for a first showing but now I just hate it thanks to the Twins and Prime not being in most of the movie. I remember DOTM, when the cinema was packed and we luckily booked tickets so we just walked straight in! Everyone looked at us in a weird way which was funny as they were stuck in a giant queue as they hadn't pre-booked. I always get SERIOUSLY excited when I'm going to see a Transformers movie. I'm not going to bother with 3D this time as with DOTM it felt like the screen wasn't as bigger and the quality was a little bit rubbish from the 3D (like any 3D film these days).

5. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

That was such a good scene! Just seeing your favourite characters coming to life for the first time in a Live Action movie. :D 

6. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    I can't imagine what that must've been like for some people. I mean some people had grown up with G1 Transformers and have loved the franchise their whole lives... and then to see your favorite characters come to life in such awesomeness must've been such a wonderful experience... i still thought it was really awesome but i can't imagine what it was like for people who had been fans for so long.

7. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

G1 fan. The first movie impressed me from start to finish. Have enjoyed all of the movies and never been dissapointed

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Think the 2007 movie was my best movie experience. That first time I heard Optimus Prime speak... I started squealing like any normal fangirl would. My god, I think some people stared at me but I didn't care. Peter Cullen was back!

9. YanderePrime

YanderePrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Transformers:
    Absolutely adored the first movie. My experience with the first film can be read here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...our-transformers-1-theatrical-experience.html

Revenge of the Fallen:
    This was my most highly anticipated film of 2009 and it didn't disappoint me. While it it technically the dumbest of the three in a lot of ways, I ended up seeing the film in theaters three times (once with my mother, once by myself and once with my cousin). During my first viewing of the second film I had a massive headache but luckily the theater sound wasn't blasting at top volume during that showing so I had a good time. The audience went wild during any scene with Optimus and Bumblebee.

Dark of the Moon
    Almost didn't end up seeing it the first week it came out due to my mother (who also wanted to see it) watching the Casey Anderson trials, but we ended up both seeing the film that Friday. It was immensely enjoyable and felt like it was over way too quickly despite being 154 minutes.

I have not watched any of the films during an evening showing, it's always been late morning, mid-afternoon showings.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First experience with any film;
    I always had a sort of rivalry with my cousin who was getting distant due to family rivalries and he was into Transformers also. Unfortunately I was not as spoilt as him as a child, as his parents tried to make up for their arguementative marriage by showering him with gifts.

Of course he started becoming a bit of a little brat at the time and tended to flaunt his Transformers collection including every Transformers figure that existed from G1 to Transformers Cybertron, not to mention the Star Wars Transformers and several signed figures by varying voice actors. We remained friends however, despite drifting further and further apart due to my families rivalry with their family.

As a hand-me down present for a birthday I was given two copies of the original animated movie on DVD from him and his family - I'm guessing he ended up accidentally buying multiple copies due to the covers being different. One was the original and the other was the edited version.

I think I was about 8 at the time... somewhere in the region of 6-10 I remember booting it up on the computer downstairs and going to the scene selection and having 'Oh Shit what we going to do now' audio on constant repeat at max volume surrounded by all my relatives - my first experience with any foul language. Still have no idea whether its a malfunction with the DVD or something my cousin did as a joke.

I suppose the film itself would have been traumatising to an insane extent however I'd been fairly desensitised by my cousin showing me the extended cut version of the 'skeleton scene' in Star Wars...

The film hardened me as a person and allowed me to accept that life isn't all cheers and games as the original series had shown and that war was not as glorified at the time. The films introduced me to a lot of aspects that I'd later come to enjoy more and more such as 'The Touch' and the films musical score got me interested in a lot of the musical composition of films.

First experience with the live-actions films;
    I never had much of a connection with my dad when I was young - I suppose that was mostly due to a lack of shared interest - though we had a few things we both enjoyed such as Star Wars and X-Men. We also had some fun times where he tried Transforming a transformer and failed several times when I could just do it in seconds.

As such when the time came to see Transformers - having being lucky enough to miss most of the news and have the surprise of seeing the 'mars' trailer in the cinema followed by the blackout trailer shortly after - I was hyped and we went and saw the film. I must have been just old enough to watch the movie at the time, probably around 11-13

While their were aspects I enjoyed the ending had me disappointed and my dad gave me quizzical looks throughout the film given he had seen Armada, Energon and Cybertron with me and was now looking at a mother pestering her son about his masturbation habits, racial stereotypes, sexual puns, drug references, etc... The film changed his opinion on what I was into because he thought the movies were an example of everything that came before. I think that was the first and only time he looked down on me as a person.

I'd always had my dad comment on movies when he watched them at home and I suppose I picked up a bit of his analysing style. I can quote pretty much all of 'Wrath Of Khan' due to him watching it whenever it aired :p  It was after this however that I became more self-aware of the movies realising their flaws a lot more often.

It broke that connection I had with my father. He went into the movie like me expecting it to be a fun time and instead it was the opposite. I realised I couldn't talk with anyone I knew about my hobbies or interests - so I found myself stumbling onto TFW2005. Me and my dad however didn't watch another film together in cinemas until X-Men Days Of Future Past and its still a rocky situation.

I don't blame the movie for the events that occurred with my family - however it is one of the reasons I most vividly remember watching the first live action movie and I feel I needed to mention it in order to be honest about the experience.

11. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

Wow, I appreciate you typing all that dude!

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    My first ever up-to-date movie was the Transformers in 2007. Prior to that I had only just found out there was going to be a TF movie, I was 9 at the time, in those months prior I had only watched a few G1 episodes around the web and some of what were on a kids channel on TV called 'POP'. I was at my friend's house one day and discovered that he had the G1 movie and he made me watch, the death of Prime OMG, kill Hot Rod now! Then when my friend took me to see the 2007 movie when it was out. What a movie it was, I LOVE the movie designs! Megatron looked so badass :p  It was my favorite movie of that year and after I got the following from the toy line;

Leader: Optimus Prime and Megatron
    Voyager: Ratchet (I returned Ironhide as I didn't like the flimsiness)
    Deluxe: Bumblebee, Jazz, Wreckage and Blackout
    Legends: Megatron and Ratchet.

The excitement that the movie gave me made me watch EVERY single G1 episode and I had to buy the G1 movie for myself. 2007 was a Transformers craze.

I had the same excitement with ROTF, toy wise. But no so much DOTM as I was not interested in getting the toys anymore in 2011 :(  Now I'm collecting again, Just got DOTM Voyager Shockwave off Amazon and Deluxe Crosshairs from TRU :p 

13. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

Lol, I got my collection out today. Literally got all the DOTM Cyberverse except Soundwave, Wheeljack and Shockwave. Though I do have a Voyager Shockwave, Optimus and Deluxes like Bumblebee, Sideswipe and others. Starting to collect the AOE line! I've got Crosshairs, now I need to get Galvatron.

14. IGotTheTouch

IGotTheTouch Full of Awesomeness

News Credits:
    My first experience was with the first Transformers movie. It was really the first big action movie I had ever seen before, and just what I saw in a Walmart footage display blew my mind. I was only seven-ish, and my parents weren't so sure on letting me see it. Finally, we rented it, and I loved it. Soon, I found out a sequel was coming. I searched a lot just to find the latest details on this movie. And that was the first time I found TFW2005. The first page I ever saw on this site was the article about Jazz returning for the sequel (anybody remember that one? :lol ) And it comes out, turns out it sucks, third one comes, it's pretty good, etc., etc. I'd say that Dark of the Moon was the one I was the most hyped about. Shockwave, those cool alien motherships, Sentinel. (The first teaser for DOTM, after that one I went through Wikipedia going through a big list of Transformers, I picked out Sentinel. I said to my friend, who is also a Transformers fan, I bet that robot in the teaser is Sentinel. [Mostly because in the photo I saw and in the teaser, they were both yellow. :lol  ]Sure enough, it was. I also predicted Ironhide's death and Optimus getting his arm cut off. Although, I thought Ironhide was going to get killed because of those three robots, and that Megatron would handle Optimus. Never saw Sentinel's betrayal coming. :) ) Anyways, here I am a TFW2005 member, and the fourth film is on its way. I believe this one may blow away the past three films. Lockdown, Dinobots, cyborg wolves, a samurai Autobot, human-made Transformers, and much more. I can't wait for June 27th to come!

15. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember watching the 07 movie gor the first time in theaters when in the first weekend and the scene when optimus and com transform and he introduces himself everyone went nuts, clapping & cheering. By the end of the movie i wanted more. I wanted it to keep goin and couldn't wait for the 2nd movie. I saw the first movie i think 4 times in theaters

16. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

I sense some major surprises in AOE. Like that toy listing for Hot Shot, as it was listed 'M4 Hot Shot' (hope it's not a respray of Sideswipe or whatever) and so much segments for Quintessons or even Unicron! :D 

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    My brother took me to the cinema one sunny summers day. I had no idea that there even was a Transformers movie at that point so it was super exciting. Primes death didn't really bother me as I hadn't really seen much of the cartoon before that. I took an instant dislike to Daniel and Hot Rod that lasted a loooooong time. I loved Ultra Magnus and Galvatron.

Fast forward 21 years, and again I only actually found out that there was a live action movie when a friend offered me a pirated version on DVD, which I watched whilst at work on a very small portable DVD player that kept freezing on me, but I was blown away. Almost immediately bought some toys, discovered TFW2005, and was well and truly back in the game after being absent since about '92 when I gave away every Transformer I owned to a jumble sale because I needed the space for my burgeoning Warhammer 40k collection.

18. IGotTheTouch

IGotTheTouch Full of Awesomeness

News Credits:
    ^This. I can't tell what's going to happen in Age of Extinction. Just when you think you've got it something else comes along and makes you think all over again. There's definitely going to be some surprises.

19. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

After lurking on this website for months after hearing that there was going to be a Transformers movie, I was abit sad that I had to watch it later because I had to go visit family in Dominican Republic. To my surprise, I was able to watch it two weeks in advanced over there. My younger cousin grew up extremely poor and sheltered in DR, I didnt know he never been to a movie before, I can disctinctly remember him being nervous for some reason but I was more occupied thinking "IM GONNA FINALLY WATCH THE TF MOVIE!!!"

The experience was insane, people are MUCH more vocal and interactive in the movie theaters in Dominican Republic than in the US. Alot of laughing and jokes were around and about in the crowd during the beginning of the movie. Then, it got extremely quiet during the arrival scene. When optimus pulled up and started transforming, people went NUTS. It felt like a standing ovation at concert or something. Overrall it was a great experience. I have sent money to my cousin so he could watch the sequels in the theater as well, but he refuses to do so without me. What he doesnt know is that I'll be there in 2 weeks and have bought our tickets for AoE online already :) 

20. NitroSandwich17

NitroSandwich17 Warrior

I feel it's going to pay a lot more to each character, even Bay said "I only wanted to focus on fewer robots to bring out the character in them" which is great! So hope there's a deep feel to the classic mythology of Transformers. No offence to Megatron, but I'm glad he's not in the film or now he's POSSIBLY Galvatron as it was starting to get boring him trying to destroy Earth and failing all the time. Got to admit he nearly had it in DOTM, but only because he was "Sentnel's bitch". :D 

I wonder how their going to bring in a new villain for the next film in this new trilogy. I feel AOE is just part 1/3 of a Unicron trilogy! If you guys remember, Bay said ages ago that it was set a lot in Space and how do we explain Lockdown's ship looking like a giant hand?