Your family and TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How does your family deal with your hobby? My father is fine with it but always wants me to buy a Masterpiece figure (he really supported buying MP Megatron) and now is supporting MP Grimlock but he complains when one of the G1 figures is at 60 dollars but I explain to him why and my mom is also O.K. with it and she LOVES G1 Optimus's alternate mode and is willing to pay 250 bucks on MP-10 for just the truck mode lol They're the only ones in my family that know about my hobby...for now.

2. 13DINO

13DINO JTX_XIII

News Credits:
    My parents utterly hate it unfortunately :cry 
    My dad is a GeeWunner and my mom hates me spending the moneys and they both think that TF's get in the way of my school work, even though I have mostly A's and B's.
    I will change things with em once Sunday arrives.... :ev: 

3. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

I'm a parent so HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :) 

4. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    And I live in a different country. They have no idea of the extent to which it's grown! My family all thinks that the little shelf full of toys they see on Skype every now and then is it. I'm not sure what the reaction would be if I dropped the "I have over 1000 more elsewhere" bomb! International intervention?

5. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    My parents are the reason I don't buy many toys, ever since I bought a Starscream toy last month, they wont stop patronising me. Every time we're in town and we walk past a toy shop they look at me "Awww, do you want to go look at the little toys, aww, you know you do, oh look at the children playing with the toys, I bet you want to do that" and every time I record TFPrime I have to watch it as soon as possible otherwise they delete it for absolutley no reason. They're really f**king annoying when it comes to TF's

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I take my Daughter to Botcon :) 

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My Parents opinion: "At least he's not an Alcoholic, or doing drugs.."
    My Wife? She's perfectly fine with it...
    My Kids? They want to play with Daddy's toys, but I keep them distracted by buying them stuff....
    Sisters? don't care what I do..
    Brother? He collect G.I. Joe stuff so he can't say s**t...

Mother-in-Law? she thinks I'm looney for buying toys at my age, but who cares what she thinks anyway??

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have always collected stuff, so my parents never really minded. I always paid for my own stuff, so not much they could say.

Now, my wife on the other hand is a different story. I really did not have any of my stuff out when I met her because it was really a different time in my life. And I only started collecting Transformers pretty recently.

She doesn't mind that I do it, but she makes fun of me all the time for it. The best is when I made a light box to take pics, and she was like, "what the hell is going on here." My main problem is I lost all leverage when I dis on her or when I say something about her shopping behavior.

I will be like, "your so blah blah blah". She will like, "and your 33 and collect Toys, or should I say dolls. How are those Transformer dolls." LOL. So I can no longer make fun of her like I use to.

Best part is she tries to embarass me in front of our friends. She is like, look at my husbands transformer collection. All the wives laugh. All the Husbands are like, "wholely shit, is that Megatron. That is awesome." So she fails in that regards.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably the most poular thing in our household.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Damn, apparently, it's cool to give someone shit over their hobby.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    alright, i'll take the hit.

Please for the love of god... use some punctuation.

I KNOW, I KNOW... we're not in school, this isn't a test, etc etc... but please. SOMETHING. i don't care if every word is spelled right, if capitalization is used properly... but just a LITTLE?

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    My wife's hobby was to collect shoes, handbags and sunglasses. I use to always give her shit about it. Not no more.

13. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    Alucard - "transformer dolls" man you got schooled for the moment. I would have been schooled too. Your wife gets a +1 for that. I seriously am sitting here laughing at that one.

where in jersey are ya?

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Monmouth County.

My wife is good. Trust me, we rib on each other all the time. All in good fun.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You just have to be a little more creative when giving her guff. Then again, you ought to be careful as I don't want to be held responsible for anything, lol.

16. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    i was out that way in november for a Bob Dylan show at Monmouth U. Nice area.

Yeah my wife and I bust each others' stones all the time. I couldn't imagine it any other way!

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    That collection came to a hault pretty soon after we got married. She was asking why we didn't have a house yet. So I went into the closet and took out all her stuff and started naming the cost of said items. I was like, you know what that is right there? A down payment. She said she never thought of it that way, and she calmed her spending.

Needless to say, she has no clue what so ever what I spend on TFers. But we budget our money really well, so I am ok with her shopping, and realistically I never buy myself anything anyway, so we are good. But still, not letting her know a MP figure is 100+. I guarentee I will see a new bag if she knew that. LOL.

18. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Well. I don't really associate too much with my family. Except my sister, and she totally supports it and thinks its cool. Especially since she watched me grow up and how much I loved the original g1 through the 80's.

My wife's family doesn't speak much on it much at least not in front of me.

But the one that REALLY matters, is my wife. I don't really know her true feelings. I think she speaks with me about it in faux interest just so she doesn't seem like a mean wife, but I personally just think, she wants me to spend money on other things, but then, she'd say, At least your not out at clubs or drinking, since I don't dig doing either. She'd rather have a nerd than a club rat

19. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    NICE!! LOL!!! :thumbs2: 

20. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

As long as my buying doesn't exceed my annual budget, they don't give me any grief. They even encouraged me to buy a bookshelf with doors so they can be displayed without collecting dust.