Your 1st intro to Transformers comics.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Blitzwing2008, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Buzzclaw

Buzzclaw Combatibot

Ebay:
    Old G1 Marvel issues. My most distinct memories of those comics are Circuitbreaker in her Autobot corpse armor and the Protectabots arresting Blaster.

2. wellgoshdiddlydarnit

wellgoshdiddlydarnit Well-Known Member

MTMTE issue #1, so good intro.

3. CalamityCons

CalamityCons Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    MTMTE Trade paperback #1! A wonderful intro to the IDW universe if I do say so myself, and a gateway for diving right back into Transformers again after being dormant in my brain for a couple years.

4. Androzani84

Androzani84 Well-Known Member

Bizarrely enough, it was actually a Doctor Who comic strip called “The Crossroads of Time”, which guest-starred Death’s Head.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the 90s...

I had been a big fan of the cartoon and toys for a while. Then I came across the Marvel G1 comics in a bookstore.

It wasn't the regular comic books though. Some company reprinted the first 8 issues in two graphic novels. The page size was slightly larger than the regular comics. The cover of one of them was Shockwave from Marvel issue #5. I think the art was different in some ways though, and looked more like a painting. I need to see if I still have them in storage somewhere.

Eventually I hunted down most of the rest of the series as individual comics. About 8 years ago, I finally got a few of the last issues from Ebay that I could never find locally.

I got to read all of Marvel G2 as it was originally released.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have that issue too! I'm in the US, but my mom found about 5 Marvel UK Transformers comics, and that Doctor Who issue at a Goodwill back in the 90s. I had no idea what Doctor Who or Deathshead were back then, so it was very confusing!

Seeing those Marvel UK Transformers issues with some amazing Geoff Senior art totally blew my mind, since I had no idea the UK books even existed then. I finally got a chance to read more just a few years ago. I need to find time to finish the UK books soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

I don't actually know HOW I got it, but somehow I ended up with a digest size reprint of Marvel issues... 6-7? It had the Dinobots vs Shockwave, and the digest ended with the reveal of Circuit Breaker (frying tech from her hospital bed).

I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON. And I remember my 8 or so year old self being really irritated that Shockwave alone could take out the Dinobots lol

8. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Transformers: Generation One in April 2002 by Dreamwave. Despite the absolutely horrific business practices, I’ve followed Transformers comics ever since.

9. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Moderator

I think the first Transformers comics I ever came in contact with were the Generation 2 issues. I remember reading them over at Corey and Layton's place (two boyhood brother chums I've long since lost touch with but whose names I oddly recall). Later in middle school I found some early G1 issues in the back issue bins at 'The Book Exchange'. Issue 7, plus some later stuff (including a couple of the Headmasters books I think?). That issue 7 is still a standout book in my collection! The drawing inside is so nice!
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    They were all terribly mysterious for a long time, as I never did find any other issues at that time.
    A few years later I discovered the Seibertron.com digital archive (now long gone) and read many more issues there. Then I collected the Dreamwave stuff as it was released, and grabbed those early 00's Titan reprints. I dropped off reading Transformer comics after Dreamwave lost the license until somebody around here talked me into checking out the MTMTE/LL series. That run and Tom Scioli's TF vs GI Joe have been my personal faves of the past decade.

10. megatronski

megatronski Mr. Low attention span

News Credits:
    Bought a TPB of Stormbringer about 10 years ago at a Borders bookstore (anyone else remember those?) and I was instantly hooked.

11. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 Skull Leader

News Credits:
    Ah, the memories.

12. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Man of Iron in the 80's UK comics

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

My first comic book was Marvel's Transformers #25. years later, issue #70 was my gateway into comic book collecting in the 90s. I've actually just decided in the past few days to try and collect the whole 80 issue original run. I was missing 21 of the 80 issues, but in the past day I've bought 15 of those issues on ebay. I just need 1,55,61,63,68, and 71. I know I had 71 back in the day, but I can't find it anywhere so I guess I'll have to purchase it again.

14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simon Furman's The War Within series