Young G1 fans and collectors.... why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rubber John, Jul 26, 2021.

1. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 5 year old has an Amazon kids subscription and season 1 of the G1 cartoon comes with it. He found Rescue Bots first and then moved to G1.

• Like Like x 2
  2. loof

loof New avatar wow

This pretty boy has been in the family since ‘84 and still lives on the shelf. He’s been with me for as long as I can remember.
    26BD2EE4-60B7-4FD1-8EEB-7CE97BC59882.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    I’m 20. I was introduced to the franchise around 2006 when I rented Transformers Cybertron: A New Beginning from Blockbuster (those were the days). That led to me getting my first TF which was cybertron leader optimus prime. I have been collecting ever since I received that figure, but have done some sell offs over the years. My first major exposure to the franchise was the 2007 movie. I didn’t get into Animated and the next major TF media I watched was ROTF. At first I didn’t like the idea of Prime, but I gave it a try and it has become one of my favorite TF shows. A couple weeks after I saw DOTM in the theatre, I was watching Prime late at night on the Hub network and afterwards they showed an episode of G1. Over the next couple of years I eventually acquired and watched all of G1 including TFTM as well as Headmasters and Masterforce.

• Like Like x 3
  4. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I was born in 1997 right on the Millennial/Zoomer swap line. So I started with G1 VHS tapes and was genuinely confused as a 4 year old when the advertised Transformers movie at the start of one of them didn't come out in August of 2002 as I had assumed "coming this August" meant.

So about a month or two after I saw the G1 VHS's RID came out and I was hooked, I maaaaaay have seen an episode of Beast Wars here and there but I didn't understand it. So I was basically raised on every era that existed at the time and so I was all in on Classics.

But around Power of the Primes my mounting frustrations with Hasbro only selling G1 in Gen finally broke me and I stopped collecting. Only came back for Beast Wars and I'll leave again once it goes back to G1 and nothing else, which it eventually will.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    I'm 17. I was introduced to the franchise by my mother who was an 80s baby who wanted to expose me to all the stuff she grew up with. She gave me a copy of G1 S1 on DVD, Energon Return of Megatron, and I was already watching Animated at the same time while it was originally airing and was getting toys from ROTF and Animated.

Fell off after Prime ended and jumped back on at POTP and have been CHUGging along ever since.

• Like Like x 5
  6. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

A timeless classic.

7. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    26. Seeing the 86 film when I was 5 from blockbuster. I loved and feared Unicron and his awesome power. The toys looked good and I collect what I think is neat

• Like Like x 3
  8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

Honestly, just because it's fun. I'm 17 btw.
    As a kid I was into Transformers, and knee a lot of the characters, but I wasn't super into it. I wanted a new hobby, so I started collecting Legos, than Transformers caught my eye, and it been like that ever sense. I am pretty much a hardcore fan at this point, and I love the franchise and characters. The toys are definitely my favorite aspect of Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

God, 2007 to 2010 was a really great time to be a transformers fan imo.

• Like Like x 2
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I'm 29 and I grew up on Beast wars. I loved watching it and iirc my dad gave me some hand-me-downs of G1 Seaspray and Hot Spot. After BW ended I dipped out until Armada and started to dive in further from there.

11. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I identify with that last section.

• Like Like x 1