Young Avengers #10 Thoughts and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I was wondering who picked up Young Avengers today? It was really interested. I really did not expect them to recruit another member so soon.

For a while not I have suspected that maybe that Billy was the son of the Scarlet Witch and now it just makes even more sense with the introduction to this new 'Thomas Shepard character who happens to look exactly like Billy and has Speed powers of Quicksilver and then some... I did a quick wikipedia search and of course we have two twin sons named Thomas and William ( aka Billy) who happen to be Dead. Weird.

Then we have Teddy who is revealed to not only be a Skrull.. but also a Kree and the son of Captain Marvel. Hrm. This is really getting interesting indeed.

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Which Marvel Captain Marvel, junior or senior?

3. Shipwreck

I just read here about an interview with Joe Quesda about Captain Mavel

"NRAMA: All right Joe. We haven't asked in a while, so to wrap-up how about a Thanksgiving “Editor-in-Chief's choice”. Tell readers about something they don't already know about or haven't even heard of yet. What secrets of the Marvel Universe can you reveal?"

JQ: "Well, a lot of fans have been asking for the return of Captain Marvel. I guess what they don't know is that Captain Marvel has been back for some time now, it's just that no one has noticed or figured it out yet [laughs].

NRAMA: Ah ha! So that’s who Ronin is, huh?

Seriously and for the record - which Captain Marvel are we talking about here?

JQ: We're not talking about his son , we're talking about a new Captain. I really can't say anymore, but the characters already been introduced in the Marvel Universe. "

and that is rumored to be talking about Hulkling.

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that the three heroes Super Skrull says he had abducted were Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Captain Mar-Vel. Obviously this is explaining Teddy's origins but is it just coincidence that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were abducted at the same time or is this hinting that the Skrulls were involved with the origins of a couple more Young Avengers?

5. Shipwreck

I wonder if this has anything to do with the House of M? If when the Scarlet Witch remade the world as it was she unknowingly ( or knowingly) changed it so that her twin sons Tommy and Billy were alive living with different parents and gave them similar powers to her and Quicksilver.

6. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That is a possibility I suppose but I don't think that's what happened. I have a theory (this might turn out to be a major spoiler if I'm right so read at your own risk)...
    We know Wanda's twins weren't really real; they were just the result of her powers. I'm thinking the Billy and Tommy in Young Avengers are really real though. Vision must have known about them before he was destroyed in Avengers Disassembled. Plus he knew about Teddy. But how did he know about Teddy when even Teddy didn't know his own origins because his "mother" kept it a secret from him? I'm thinking Vision must have been the one that met them when they arrived on Earth looking for Captain Mar-Vel but he had already died. So my theory, what if the Skrulls had also created twin boys based on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver while they had them captured? Then Teddy's "mother" brought them to Earth as well so when they met Vision he named them after Wanda's fake twins and had them adopted by two different families?

7. Shipwreck

I wonder what the Kree are going to have to say about all this.