You think there should have been more to Shockwave in DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have liked him to have a larger role and at least interact with megatron once.
    Would also have been nice to see him transform.

I was hoping before the movie that Shockwave would have been leading his own group of decepticons.

That said... At least he was instantly reconisable in the film and had his usual sinister prescence.

• Like Like x 1
  2. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Well-Known Member

I think it would have been cool if he survived Dark of the Moon and re-appeared in Age of Extinction instead of Galvatron.

Think about this: he was always after Cybertronian technology in human areas. Maybe TRF tried to make an alliance with him, but it never worked, but they had Lockdown anyway. He could have tried to kill the Autobots for revenge after their victory in Chicago and finish was started.

Imagine Shockwave battling Optimus Prime on the highway instead of Galvatron and Lockdown coming in to interrupt him. Him and Lockdown could have been rivals of sorts; not allowing him to collect trophies as a bounty hunter for revenge in Megatron’s honor. He would then continue to appear throughout the movie, as much as Galvatron did.

At some point in Age of Extinction, Shockwave broke into the KSI facility and got Megatron’s head.

Then in The Last Knight, we got the backstory on how Megatron was reborn via Quintessa. Shockwave brought the head to her after realizing the only true way to Decepticon victory was to have Megatron back to lead them. But in order to do so, Shockwave would have had to been sacrificed to revive Megatron for his body.

This would make sense as The Last Knight Megatron does bare similarities to Shockwave’s design.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Such a fucking waste. A great design with zero characterization and barely any relevance to the story.

• Like Like x 3
  4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I would have liked seeing him as a greater threat in battle as opposed to being the driller's handler. I don't recall him doing much fighting other than losing to human paratroopers and getting beat up.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like this idea.

6. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

Yep. Another case where a character is written in just to hype the audience up, and then to use said character as cannon fodder and have the character die a needlessly brutal death. . .

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Given how much of a big character he is, yeah.

I think there should've been more to all the robotic characters but especially the Decepticons, hell even the human characters feel half-assed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I don't know why there had to be a red herring at all. They had a lot of rendered Megatron footage and he was batting 1/2 as far as being the main bad guy up until that point, and there was no reason to expect a twist because there had never been one before. Like put the "All hail Megatron..." sound byte after showing a bunch of the Chicago stuff before you drop the title and boom. Misdirection.

9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why didn't DOTM's promotional team hire you, again?

10. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I was eleven

• Like Like x 1
  11. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And I was eight LOL I was joking but that was a great idea.

I also thought while reading your post about putting Megatron's model over Sentinel during his fights with Optimus in Washington and Chicago instead of Shockwave. Oh that would've been both epic and disappointing considering the fight Prime and Megs actually had in the film...

Given he cost of rendering your idea was way more efficient.

• Like Like x 1