You Don't Get To Determine What is and isn't Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Jun 22, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meanwhile at family friendly Marvel... Drax asks Ego if he has a weiner while Valkyrie describes a portal as the devil's a-hole.

If these jokes don't work at all might as well tell the other side to stop as well and leave it to people like Seth Rogen or Trey Parker.

2. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not all jokes and situations are created equal.

Drax asking someone if they have a penis is perfectly in line with his character and is quite funny. Sam's mother on the other hand should have been G1 Accurate, meaning dead, probably.

• Like Like x 1
  3. electronic456

News Credits:
    That's like asking Zeus, a God who disguises himself as a human the same question.

In your mind, it's a perfect joke but in my mind it's joke gone too far.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, given Drax takes things 100% of everything anybody says or does at literal face value and has no brain-to-mouth filter, and Ego outright stated he is literally a planet, Drax asking the first thing that comes to his mind is in character - especially since he had to have conceived Peter somehow if he's going around claiming to be his dad and all.

And what would you name a gigantic inverted inter dimensional swirling tornado of absolute physics-defying chaos in order to get the message across that it's something you really do NOT want to get anywhere near?

That and you never want to go to Austria if you get offended by place names.

Because making people ask and say things that normally sound silly in complete straight faced manner somehow isn't humor?

Well, yes, that's kind of the joke that Drax even has to ask that question.

So, Drax asking Ego if he's got the male equipment is a joke gone too far...but a toaster walking around with a giant phallus that shoots lasers is somehow okay in ROTF?

• Like Like x 2
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Don't be absurd. They'd never do something as crass and ridiculous as give a toaster a laser dick...

It was a blender. Now don't you feel silly?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Even having to discuss jokes about male anatomy in movies that are supposed to appeal to children is making me feel far sillier in ways I did not expect to be feeling today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beloved scenes from Transformers films
    D2E22F0F-4CF2-4D07-B4C9-B72E1131C47D.jpeg
    Bumblebee lubricating the human
    FE1FA037-416E-457D-8A8C-E05762A24531.png
    Directly beneath enemy scrotum
    82C72602-5707-454B-A8BE-A207BB9107FE.jpeg
    Go get em sex machine!
    BF2FB3DD-C1E3-48FA-A320-1ED4E26DFE86.jpeg
    Uh, yeah....:confused: 
    Edit: Forgot this special moment.
    448E36B6-4178-4676-9B13-2AEDB5A45F64.jpeg

Were you masturbating?

• Like Like x 3
  9. electronic456

News Credits:
    There should be more subtlety to a joke like that which is why I didn't laugh. Don't spell it out.

Best adult jokes are ones that make you think the second time around.

Or you didn't learn how human reproduction works at school.

The Devil's Vacuum? I don't know. You don't have to make a joke out of everything....

Like how if the whole world of Asgard is gone... Then let it be a serious moment. Which is why I liked the scene where Odin bids his farewell.

You think I don't know that?

Or it's what the screenplay says or it was improvised. Or Drax had other options to chose from like in a Telltale Game.
    Speaking of which....

[​IMG]

What you described later made me snort a laugh I'll admit. Took me long enough to realise there was a toaster like that.

Maybe the best answer is... They've both gone too far and beyond.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I can't believe I actually forgot they had a giant combiner's SCROTUM on screen.

...holy shit you completely missed the point of Drax then. He is the most unsubtle person to ever EXIST.

No, because a comedy shouldn't work in something that simple for humor.

You probably also don't get the meta joke about Mr. Poopy Butthole's existence from Rick and Morty either.
    You seem to think humor only can be pulled off with some kind of set-up instead of just being a rapid-fire spoken or visual gag.

While it can't be pulled off without some idea of how to pull off comedy (see: much of The Last Jedi), simplicity is often better than complexity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except that is the joke, the fact that it's not subtle. You don't expect an adult to just up and ask a question about that subject matter, as practical and well-meaning as it is. At no point is the topic treated as a joke, it's the fact that Drax asked the question at all when most people (including the audience) wouldn't very think to. It's kin to how a child would similarly lack tact and discretion, except. The joke wasn't "haha, penis is a funny word!" It was "haha, Drax has no filter or social preconceptions!"

Clearly they should've spelled it out, because you don't actually seem to get what the joke even was, let alone understand the humour. There's nothing humourous about sticking a dick on a robot because robots don't have dicks and there's no reason for them to ever have them. Drax asked a question that demanded an answer, because it's a legitimate mystery how a planet could conceive a child. Which is the whole point of the film, that Peter is Ego's offspring. It's hardly an inappropriate or outrageous topic to bring up, let alone in a comedy where asking the question can be passed off as a joke, as it was in the film, and inform the audience at the same time. There's secondary meaning to the penis joke in GOTG2, there's no meaning to the multiple dick jokes throughout the TF movies.

Yeesh, to think this even needed explaining.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    that's... not really inappropriate, though. the word asshole (which you can say on this board, we promise not to tell your parents) is a descriptor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They should've called it the devil's earhole for the sake of the children.

Every time I see someone pointlessly self-censor themselves on this board, it makes me want to quote them and replace the censored word with just the worst possible synonym. Is that just me? Like, is that just a problem I gotta deal with, or am I not alone?

• Like Like x 2
  14. electronic456

News Credits:
    And that's why humour is subjective. I liked the muscular man joke in IW but didn't like the dick joke in Vol.2. Is there a right or wrong answer to this?

If it's a mystery, then let it.... It's great to have a void of speculation. Ego alternatively could say... "Oh I'll never tell..." while giving a corny smile.

I mean how would he conceive a child with an alien species like Groot's? Pollination?
    What about small microbes of bacteria?

It can't be the same for everything....

Wasn't there a crane truck robot image from RID 2001 also? That I say cracks me up....

EDIT: Let me also say… You didn't like Black Panther as much as I did. If I'm not mistaken.

Let me spell out the real word then.
    A
    N
    U
    S

• Like Like x 1
  15. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Enemy Scrotum is descibing where you are based on where it looks like you actually are.

Devil's Asshole is a coloquial name for something based on it's appearance even though that is not what it actually is.

Swearing is not the same as crudity

Also Guardians of the Galaxy is definitly going for the teens and up mainly. While Transformers should be very much catering for an army of 9 year olds, like Pewdiepie.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're the one kicking a stink over a dick joke, you tell me. You're the one who said they went "too far" and tried to equate different levels of legitimacy to fuckin' wiener jokes, you can't really pull the "well it's just my opinion, brah" when you're the one saying some jokes are inappropriate and some aren't.

At least I gave a reason for why one dick joke exists and another has no business to. It's not about what's objectively or subjectively funny, it's about what serves a function in the film. You don't have to find Drax's question funny, but at least information is being conveyed. What does anyone get out or Richardbot the Blender Individual?

What does that have to do with literally anything? Were there dick jokes in Black Panther?

A great word, BTW.

• Like Like x 2
  17. electronic456

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Acutal YouTube statistics show 18-34 year olds more.

I'm actually not being salty over it....So first... Chill.

I got into this dilemma because Burnout(no offence)decided to pull the ROTS quote "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." against me even when I stated I'm not taking sides, not even Galvatross's. So should I just stay silent?

Also Black Panther.... You want to tell me why people are wrong about that movie being so good if I'm being told why Drax's joke is funny on the other hand?

• Like Like x 1
  18. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a running ... Joke ...

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's such a desperate stretch and you know it. I don't even remember what I wrote about Black Panther except that I liked it, (hell, I barely remember Black Panther) but apparently you were so incensed by it you held onto it until now.

Also, I didn't tell you Drax's joke was funny, I merely explained how it was at least an actual joke, and that it was hardly going "too far."

• Like Like x 2
  20. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't like Black Panther or Ready Player One

Black Panther I thought was meh and the characters were very uninteresting and the plot, dumb.

Ready Player One I cringed hard.