YOM-G C-80 WHEELIE SURVIVALIST autobot minibot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by process, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

Got one. How long should these take to get to the U.S. with the "standard shipping"?

2. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

IDW has NO LOVE for the Coneheads. They gave Ramjet Starscream's treacherous personality, and then they had Megatron rip his head off and rip out his spark. They had humans kill a legless Thrust instead of taking him prisoner, and they had the Autobots beat Dirge to death.

So if anyone's wondering what happened to Powerglide, he writes for IDW!

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LMAO! This made me literally laugh out loud.

So laughter aside, in the IDW verse Sunstreaker is handicap, and all 3 of the Coneheads are dead??? Wth.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Awesome post :) 

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'm kinda sad that this these are going to be sold through ioffer. I've never used that site and it worries me. Lol. How secure is that site?

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Totally secure. I bought my Headmaster set from there and a lot of other things, never had a problem.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

When was Dirge beaten to death? I don't remember that one.

I hated Spotlight Ramjet... considering that for a one-shot that purported to be a spotlight on Ramjet, it contained no actual Ramjet. Just a badly-written Starscream wannabe in Conehead drag. B :rolleyes2 

Now... wouldn't Powerglide himself sort of be considered a conehead? I mean, literally speaking? :) 

zmog

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Yeesh, I've gotta say being posted for sale with no notice, not at a reputable retailer and for eight bucks more than the high end of the "35-45" quoted like a week ago kinda sours me. They'll probably sell out while I'm pouting and thinking about it.

9. fabexmax

News Credits:
    And that right there, is the life of the 3rd party collector! A lot of omg omg omg moments before your product arrives, fingers crossed waiting on the item to come in without any QC issues. Ah, good times.

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    The seller is very reputable hence his feedback. They were not supposed to be up for sale until the review versions were recieved. The price I quoted did not include shipping and never did I say 35-45 shipped to your door. Not sure what you have to be sour about.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Missed out on this. Lousy holiday making me spend time with those I love instead of sitting in front the computer!

Restock?

Dirge was killed by the 'bots in AHM, I think.

12. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I realize that assumption is my fault, but when one says 35-45, it seems like 35+shipping would be around 45. If not, where did the $35 come from?

I'm sure the seller is quite reputable, but it's still an unknown to me. Particularly when we were just recently hoping for a release to retailers like BBTS. That makes me wonder why BBTS passed on it.

I understand your position, and I appreciate the work you've done getting information to us, but you must understand that it was a number of nasty surprises all at once. This is not a decision I'm comfortable making quickly enough to act on this. Don't worry, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling them, I just probably won't get one given the relatively large number of wheelies coming down the pipe. I think my concerns are pretty legitimate. If you don't see why, there's really no point in talking about it.

13. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    $35-45 was the price I was told by the manufacture just like I posted in this thread, when other stores list things for sale the shipping price is not included. Wholesale prices I believe are even cheaper.

BBTS was contacted and were not intrested in carrying at this time due to it having autobot stickers. I believe two stores in usa will be getting a number of these instock aswell as another toystore.

The only nasty surprise is that they were listed before they were supposed to, infact I am friends with him and a member here is the one that pointed out to me that they were up for sale already.

Just wanna make sure everyone has all of the information regarding the wheelie and powerglides.

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Cobra! Are these sold out already? I hope I didn't miss it!

15. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Am I outta the loop? What other Wheelies are coming out?

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of any other wheelies comin out. And if so, I doubt they look this good.

17. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Theres a 1:1 KO of the jizaitoys version coming out, more should be listed in 24hrs

18. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    iGear showed a graphic of eight minibots a little bit back. One was huffer, the other was seaspray, which are now being solicited. The rest were silhouettes. The one on the top right appears to be Wheelie (See here). Admittedly, that's very little to go on, but this isn't iGear's first time at bat, and I enjoy other things I own made by them.

There's also the one zartan just mentioned which I admit doesn't interest me much as much as this or igears (yet unseen) version, but Wheelie isn't really all that interesting if I'm being perfectly honest.

If more are being listed at a later date, though, I will give this some more thought and get informed on iOffer to see if it's a place I wanna do business. I do really like the look of the figure, it's just the need to decide immediately whether it was worth a little more than I was hoping to pay ruffled my feathers a bit.

19. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Igear's probable Wheelie is going to be Legends-sized like their Huffer. If I understand the size of this figure rightly, this will make Wheelie more scout-sized.

Part of the collector's dilemma: wait for something that might never appear or might be inadequate and miss out or double up on product?

20. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the Wheelie I've always wanted. I'm glad this was made available.

- Gregg