Yolopark TF Plamo Series Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ShylockZeuss, May 27, 2021.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though they're licensed, Yolopark sure acts like a 3rd party... slowly showing off more and more pictures, while we're still waiting to find out the price of the previous figure they announced.

2. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the height is the same as their Optimus (11.8") or around the 12" ballpark. I can have this Shockwave displayed with Threezero's DLX Soundwave and the other DLX figures.

But as I said before, they need to stop with showing off these early 3D printed prototype images. Wish they would just hold off until they actually had a solid painted piece that was ready for preorder. This isn't gonna release for a while at the super slow rate that they move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Probably because the designer thought it looked cool. These aren't supposed to be 1:1 recreation of the G1 designs (as seen with this and the rest of the designs)—they're just supposed to heavily homage G1 with creative liberty here or there. For example, his canon is a bit different from his G1 counterpart too.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. MrBoombastiqueFantastique

MrBoombastiqueFantastique Banned

Sexy design, also it says Dreamworks on it with Paramount, do they still have rights for the movies? Or something? First time I see it in years.

6. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Those Bumblebee movie designs were a step in the right direction after The Bayverse, but the oversized and weirdly bloated limbs on this and Soundwave always remind me of those slightly out of condition guys you see wearing those cardboard box type cosplay outfits at fan conventions. :^)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, is Thiccwave.

Yolopark-Bumblebee-Movie-Shockwave-Plamo-03k.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. MrBoombastiqueFantastique

MrBoombastiqueFantastique Banned

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I can forgive all the reused Optimus bits but man, i just don't like that head design whatsoever, it looks too wide and cartoon-ish, in fact i think it's scary.
    Reminds me of something from Majora's Mask.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am okay with this, I think an alien species would look at our backs and say yeah they're mostly the same. I think Bay really went crazy with different body styles to the point where you couldn't even define what a Cybertronian looks like. They should have the same basic skeleton. Also Shockwave here looks like he suffered severe injuries and had parts of his body replaced with Spare parts (Chest Arm Head). Might have formally been an Autobot too, He's sort of telling a story just by being there.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

I generally like this design, except for the gun arm. Huge forearm, tiny gun barrel. What\'s he going to do, light a bunch of candles on a birthday cake?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Ewww...not my Shockwave. DOTM was way cooler. This one looks more like a  FOC video game look alike. At leaat Bayverse Starscream didnt look so damn G1. I love G1, but for me the whole selling point of the live action movies was that it was not G1.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

I like many Bayverse and Bumblebee movie bot designs. But, of the bots seen in the Cybertron opening shots, Shockwave is THE design I don't like. It looks like a kid dressed in a Halloween costume kind of proportion, and the head & puny gun arm... ugh, really disappointed. Which Shockwave I love most? Just look at my profile pic....

14. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Huh, I didn't realize that Shockwave's spine, waist, knees, and feet are effectively identical to those of Optimus. I knew the Cybertron-only characters reused a lot of CG assets because of the short time in which their models were made but I didn't know that these two shared a skeleton. While of course that was a corner-cutting measure, it is sort of neat in the same way an extensive Hasbro toy retool is. You know, the "I can't believe those very different-looking characters are at their core the same" feeling.

15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be nice if ThreeZero did a DLX version

16. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I never minded the shared skeleton as well. Kind of reinforces the idea that they're all Cybertronian underneath and shouldn't be fighting one another. They're all bots from the same planet split by the factions that they're sided with. Even with the shared skeleton, their outer armor is unique enough that they look like their respected characters.

Bay went the complete opposite direction and made it seem like each character could have come from a different planet.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: all that power is being focused through such a small barrel, it’s even more accurate without losing destructive force.

Then again, it looks like he actually has three barrels, (four if that vent thing above them also shoots) maybe he has different firing modes/ammunition types?

• Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The model looks cool but it also highlights what I don't like about this design of Shockwave. I know they're going for a more G1 direction with him but he looks so boxy in the wrong areas making other parts of him look small and not in a good way. It's like they tried too hard to have him evoke G1 but went about it the wrong way compared to ones like Optimus who's blocky in the right areas. I know this design was a rushed job but I'm hoping in the next film if he shows up they'll refine him to look more powerful in a better way. Hopefully similar to his FOC and TFP designs where they evoke G1 but do a better job at being powerful in the right areas.

• Like Like x 2
  19. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Or even better, a Studio Series release by Hasbro since they’re gonna be releasing all the other Bots featured at the beginning of the movie

• Like Like x 1
  20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Head will please people who want g1 cartoon head

Comment of the day for movie designs I have been saying that for years NO one listens selling Point if live action movies is bring in new people who never liked transformers and make bots look more realistic less cartoon that’s what made transformers popular all over again saying it for years no one want get it and listen all I always keep reading people say how bots should be more g1 less realistic and be pleased to OLD not NEW fans what do I know I talk to new fans know what they like about movies

welcome to the world g1 where all transformers look LEGO BORING BOXY like unrealistic looking to

• Like Like x 1