Yet More Custom Kreon Decals! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by x01618, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    The G1-ish Kreons usually don't have pupils. That tends to be more of a Transformers Prime style.

The thing about Kup is he's supposed to be "old" (whatever that means for a Transformer). The stock Kreon uses "smile lines" to give this impression. To be different, I'm trying it with pronounced cheekbones like Kup is sometimes portrayed with (especially in IDW). I've done it up with pupils and without pupils. Here's one more try at it as well:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2021
  2. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    Animal Pretenders:
    • Cartilla
    • Chainclaw
    • Carnivac
    • Snarler

Most of my Pretenders drawings are of the outer shell. For me, this tends to be their more iconic look, and also usually the more visually distinctive and interesting one. Pretender inner bots often just look like generic robots in onesies to me.

For non-bipedal shells like the Monster Pretenders, I just stuck with the inner bot since it was more straight forward, even if a bit monochrome. Also, I think it better supported a combined mode, if anyone was interested in doing that.

For these Animal Pretenders, I was faced with the same problem, so I decided to do a mashup of their inner bot mode and inner beast mode (which at least mirrors their Pretender shell's distinctive animal).

Attached Files:

3. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    Vehicle Pretenders:
    • Gunrunner
    • Roadgrabber

Short of inventing entirely new designs for these two, I figured I had to go with the generic robots in onesies route. And sadly, they look about as dull as you'd expect. :( 

At any rate, this has been an educational project for me. I honestly did not have an appreciation for just how many Pretender characters there were before this!

Attached Files:

4. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    Thanks!

At this point, I (think) I've done all of the G1 characters besides the Micromasters and the redux characters, so my challenge to myself is winding to a close. If I did miss a character, or if someone has another request, I'm still open to that of course.

While I said earlier that I didn't plan on doing any of the redux characters, I changed my mind with Powermaster Optimus and the Classic Pretenders since they look substantially different and interesting in their own right. So here they are:
    • Powermaster Optimus Prime
    • Pretender Bumblebee
    • Pretender Jazz
    • Pretender Grimlock
    • Pretender Starscream

Attached Files:

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    You can absolutely print them with actual decal paper. Some folks use label paper, and that tends to be easiest. I like to use water slide decal paper; I think it looks better. You can see some of my custom Kreons via the link in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2021
  7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.