YaHobby Reliability?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I'm just wondering who's dealt with www.YaHobby.com, and what their experience has been like?

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering as well. Hope someone has, theres some stuff if like to get from there.

3. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

I've gotten a few TF's from them and I havent had a problem with so far.Shipping takes about as long as(some times longer ) RK
    They had the ROTF Brutey packs for $50 like right before the crossfire 02 sets came out

4. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had partial success with Yahobby. I ordered United Tracks and Jazz. I actually received the items, but Jazz's face was unpainted. Since then, I have contacted them weekly over the past several months with no response.

I realize that ultimately it was Takara's fault, but I wish they could at least respond...even if they turned me down. All I wanted was a replacement head.

Highly unrecommended.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    He's good and very friendly. I haven't bought anything since he stopped stocking knock offs (got KO G1 Wheeljack and Cyclonus from him), and his communication was a little slow, but I had no major complaints.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe you could ask for my replacement Jazz head then :) 

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    My one experience:

Back when he just came out, I tried ordering a TFA Blackout since it said it was in stock. I waited two weeks, nothing ever happened. I e-mailed them, and found out that it was not really in stock despite what the site said. In fact, I had actually paid in full for a pre-order for a second run that they thought might happen sometime in the future. That's right, they had me pay in full for a theoretical restock while letting me believe I had actually ordered a figure they had in stock.

From the time I first e-mailed them, it took well over a week to even get a reply that let me know that's what they had done.

I demanded a refund (which was replied to within the hour), and will never touch the site again.

8. bdaley6509

bdaley6509 New Member

I just bought the Asia exclusive Ultimate Prime. Took over a month to arrive, and when it did, it was poorly packed and the box severly damaged (I wanted to keep it MISB). I emailed them, and he responded promptly, and gave me $50 back and was told to keep the item. He said they struggle to ship properly internationally. Double boxing could have easily solved the problem instead of 2 boxes taped together and bubblewrap. I cancelled my addional $200 order as I knew chances were slim that it would arrive safely. I won't order from them again unless they figure out how to ship properly (bbts and tfsource know how!)