XTB Protectobots/Defensor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by XBurner071, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Runabout

Runabout Well-Known Member

I hope we will get some news who and when the next Protectobot will be released soon.

2. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just a collage of the same pics we already have on the first post of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alt mode pics of Blades and First Aid are new, aren't they?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Cincyred

Cincyred Well-Known Member

yep

• Like Like x 3
  5. XBurner071

XBurner071 There and Back Again

News Credits:
    First time i've seen Blades and FA's alt mode.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dpuff

Dpuff Go-Bots are better

News Credits:
    yeah no.
    Blades and First Aid dont have pics on front page. Those r new to me at least

• Like Like x 2
  7. Liampope

News Credits:
    Well since we got half decent pics of First Aid's and Blades' alt modes, may as well do my thing and take a good look at them... :) 

So for Blades they are going for one of the original short body Hueys - a Bell UH-1A or ...B. Only real visual difference is in the rotors, and XTB's is a little inaccurate to both there due to the folding transformation, so hard to say. I think it's a 'Bravo' though...

bladesxtb.png

uh-1b.png

As we've come to expect from XTB - pretty damn fantastic! Very detailed and accurate to the real thing. So they can do aircraft too! :) 

I think it's a very good observation of the original toy to pick this early variant over later models. First it is definitely the short body version, evidenced by the single window sliding door. Later long body versions have a double windowed door, as well as being quite a bit longer of course. Blades G1 toy is clearly the short body too. But another more distinctive figure that really nails it down is if you look at the funnel shaped annular air intake just behind the main gearbox under the rotor blade shaft. They looked like that only on early A, B or C versions. Sure enough that feature is sculpted in Blades' G1 toy, so XTB got it spot on!

blades.png

As for First Aid they have gone for the C120 Nissan/Datsun Cherry Vanette Largo...

first aidxtb.png

SP01590030.jpg

Again totally spot on - great job XTB! A bit hard to tell from the simplified G1 toy if it was the slightly larger all round Largo version, or just a regular Vanette (same as Ironhide but a few years newer model) as they are so similar. But I think there are enough clues to conclude the G1 toy is the Largo, so again XTB got it right in my mind. Funny that First Aid will be based on a slightly bigger van than Ironhide, but will in fact be smaller! :)  Ah well to hell with scale.

first aid.png

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 28
  8. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight Well-Known Member

looks like preorders are poping up for Jocund on american retail sites

• Like Like x 2
  9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    XTB Groove POs are going up domestically as we speak. $105

TCP (Please be aware that they are having some checkout issues with shipping addresses currently)

BBTS

Source

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Just checked TFS-Express China and they've listed him along with P/CP, the two new Quints, G2 Gravestone and the Runatwins

• Like Like x 2
  11. Big Hache

Big Hache EVIL! Pure and simple from the 8th Dimension!

News Credits:
    So is XTB doing the same pricing game as with Menasor? Each limb bot $10 more than the last with the final component being $300+?

Even though I didn't buy Locke I'm still waiting to see how they rectify that. It does affect my future purchases.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    great post @Liampope! Did I miss this though how do we know that FA will be smaller than IH in vehicle mode? I was hoping that they matched…already a bit disappointed that Streetwise is so tall in bot mode but he at least matches the other cars I think (full disclosure I haven’t transformed him yet :D  )

actually it’s weird that Streetwise is so tall after XTB did such a good job with the Stunticons height. I notice their Runamuck/about are also taller. Guess it matches Arcee but I’d rather they stuck to standard carbot height…

13. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Well-Known Member

The individual combiners are supposed to be taller than the carbots, so I was disappointed that Streetwise was barely a few millimeters taller than Prowl. I expected Fanstoys Stunticons tallness, thankfully I just need him to be a Defensor leg.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Liampope

News Credits:
    Nothing stated. I'm going on the pics of Defensor, assuming he'll be the same height as Menasor, then i can see how MP Ironhide looks against my Menasor's arm. Doing that it's reasonably clear if Ironhide were an arm bot he'd make a much chunkier arm than how First Aid looks. Plus First Aid is likely Fuzz height in bot mode - again not confirmed but that seems to be how XTB are doing things with their combiners.

Yeah Runamuck and Runabout, and Punch/Counterpunch, are significantly taller - taller than Arcee too i think. So there they've gone for the Decepticons bigger thing, it seems. Ok with me. The problem is none of these guys are on a scale chart if I'm not mistaken, so some creative decisions and compromise needed.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Actually, @Grifter Prime has a colour one on tfw, which includes everyone almost, and he's their box art guy...

16. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    aha right on you used logic to make an educated guess! I’m not home right now to try it but I’ll be holding ironhide up to Menasor at the next possible opportunity to see. Quite likely you’re right but I’ll still find it bothersome.

oh I think I can confirm that all four limb bots will be the same height…I was asking about their relative scales on FB and XTB replied to me with a snippet of scale chart they said that they were using in which that was the case. I don’t think that means FA will necessarily be smaller in vehicle mode though as IH grows quite a bit and a different transformation could result in a much shorter bot. The arm thing though….hmmmm….

For the others I think it’s more that the season 3 guys are bigger and that’s how XTB sees them perhaps. Not my preference but c’est la vie. Still the closest scale to what I want that I’m ever likely to get!

17. XBurner071

XBurner071 There and Back Again

News Credits:
    If First Aid and Blades has the same height as SW and Groove in bot mode that might make their vehicle modes smaller and i wonder how that would translate in combined mode. I can see XTB pulling another fake arm shell shenanigan on this set so its fine for me if they make the 2 arm bots to be bigger maybe around FT Stunticon height.

18. Runabout

Runabout Well-Known Member

I hope XTBs Blades and First Aid will be Ironhide MP-height. Carbotsize wouldn't make sense to them, because Ironhide and First Aid already have a similar car model.

19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    I honestly wasn't surprised. Fully expected them to be in line with their Stunticons. No worries for me though, XTB's set is my combiner set while MMC's is gonna be my bot mode set.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Same.
    upload_2021-8-10_12-41-2.png

• Like Like x 4