XTB Protectobots/Defensor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by XBurner071, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

I’d be totally happy if they released a set of non-transforming pieces to replace the bot components on Menasor. Then I could display him in two modes at the same time. So yeah, I’d be fine with that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm right with you!

Yes people have called for Defensor's combiner skeleton to not transform, and wish Menasor's didn't. I'd be ok with that - combiner parts don't really need to transform into anything for me, even if it's a full skeleton, although I like the trailer.

Others have called for a full set of car shells so you can display Menasor with the five individuals separately. Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.

But put all that together - literally an Action Master of Menasor, Defensor... Hell no keep that shit away from me!! It needs to be a transformer! Perfect meme choice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grimlock212

I collect ThreeZero Transformers, so to me a Transformer doesn’t need to transform. ThreeZero possibly makes my favorite Transformer line, period.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grimlock212

I’m one of those guys who would buy a full set of shells. It’s what should have come in the accessory set if you ask me. That would have been awesome! I bought the accessory set anyway (since it was on sale on ShowZ), but I’m not sure I’ll use any of the shells that came with it.

5. Liampope

News Credits:
    I've read many times on here from people who never transform their figures that they wouldn't be interested in action masters. They're still here for transformers, but just knowing it transforms is enough. Not saying all - I'm sure there are plenty of folk who'd be happy with a shelf full of action masters. Non transforming customs and statues are a thing after all.

6. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Well-Known Member

...I never thought a discussion about combiners could go as deep as it did in this thread. Can I just jump in and say that I like it when 5 different things make 1 big thing? Is that okay? :oops: 

• Like Like x 8
  7. Liampope

News Credits:
    Liiiiiike... making a cake? Is that what you mean? I like cake.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Well-Known Member

I like where you are going with this analogy, does this mean that an oven is the Enigma of Combination?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Liampope

News Credits:
    What's that some other universe thing?? :throw 

There's only G1, bro!! The oven is, ahhh, Teletran 1, or something. Or maybe Vector Sigma, I dunno.

Hey it's really 5 things too (I think) - Milk, Butter, Flour, Sugar, Eggs - unite to form Caaaaaaaaake!:bay 

• Like Like x 2
  10. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If people are here, as in the 3P discussion forums, then yes... it is accurate. If people wander in here, they must have some interest. If people come in here that just want to say how much they want what is being discussed to be something else... that's kinda trolling, innit? Granted, there are threads for the statues and in the retailer threads, people talk about other things.. but I don't think that's what you're needling at.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dpuff

Dpuff Topical Ointments Salesman

News Credits:
    I like cake

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

i-like-cake.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dpuff

News Credits:
    Excuse me sir, id appreciate it if you didnt post pics of me online without written consent. Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dpuff

News Credits:
    Ah screw it. This is from before my good eye went bad. Think ill use it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Coming to the thread after you decided to use the image, be like
    Screenshot_20210704-092539_Chrome.jpg

Huh?

:lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not all of us.

I'd happily buy a none transforming figure if it looked incredible. Hell, half of my collection has never been transformed.

This guy gets it. I'll not speak for everyone similar to me but it's the character that is the nostalgia for me, not whether it can transform or not.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

To be fair in the case of some of the fans toys they are either to hard to transform or bits fall off :D 

18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Eh, I've never had bits fall off of any of my figures from any company. You can avoid that by just watching videos during transformation and following them carefully.

The real problem is paint chipping. There are certain steps, especially with FT and Takara figures, where it's virtually impossible to avoid rubbing paint against something.

XTB isn't so bad about slathering their figures with paint, so I generally feel more comfortable transforming their figures (even if they do have a tendency to want to to bend things around other things, but I haven't broken anything yet).

• Like Like x 1
  19. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Then you have been lucky Jabber's arms were a very poor design choice most of their 86 movie bots are a gamble to transform for risk if stressing, breaking or chipping parts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Actually I'll give you Jabber, I've never transformed him, or Rouge. Too scared to try it yet (but I want to eventually...). But every other FT figure I have (Sovereign, Quietus, Hoodlum, the currently released stunticons, Iceman, Thomas, the minibots, Phoenix, and Koot) I have transformed with no breakages. Sheridan and Spindrift had some loose joints after transformation that I was able to tighten back up, and a few figures have chipped paint here and there (I don't know why they had to paint Iceman's crotch piece, as it's practically impossible to compress that whole section together without nicking something), but I'm not terribly worried about outright breaking anything.