XTB Protectobots/Defensor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by XBurner071, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

Oh? I had no idea. Mine has been nothing short of perfect and I'm eager to get their Orion pax with the crazy articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Nice to see a render of combined mode early on.

Seeing a lot of the XTB Menasor in it though...so I guess bass mode is in!

I wonder if Hotspot bot mode is just the cab / front of the fire engine, then the rest of it transforms into the Defensor bot skeleton? (instead of combined mode being a separate trailer).

Kind of like the DX9 Menasor did. Would be a clever way to do it, and also make a better sized fire engine alt mode when compared to the other members.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:

MMC quality is great, they still don't know how to design ratchet joints though...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    My favorite thing about this update on their Facebook page is the guy who said, "Yeah, great, but what about Locke, HMMM???? Awfully quiet on that front, I noticed!" when two of their previous three posts before that were about him.

I'm convinced that about half the planet has a different version of the Facebook app and that for them, it only shows the posts they make and nothing else.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Looks good overall. The main problem to me is the limb bots alt modes look real life, but the combiner torso looks very toon. They clash and look like they are from different sets. They should make the combiner torso look real life as if it's part of Hotspot real life looking alt mode.

Edit : Seems like MMC saw this problem and fixed it by making the limb bots alt mode more toon and making the torso look more stylized. So the blend together better. Though the combiner proportions look completely awful.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    So we've had a fully painted prototype of Streetwise and a render of combined mode and FT STILL haven't put out a silhouette in response? :rolleyes: 

The render looks like the combiner body will use a lot of the engineering from Menasor, the knees and maybe the shoulders are the same (but hidden under vehicle kibble). I wonder if the arms have shells like Menasor being depicted here or if the arm bots will be bigger than the legs.

If the QC is good I'm in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Enfin

Enfin Destron

XTB's Defensor looks reallly good to me, because the limb bots seem to have very detailed and real life accurate alt modes and it shines through even in limb mode. Specially First Aid looks great. Defensor's head looks to be in a good size as well, and not so small as most bots/gestalt toys do these days. This is a set, depending how it combines and functions, that I would like to have in G1 toy colours. Especially Hot Spot. Bring it on! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Looking good so far I can dig it! And as @TigerBlade pointed out, seems I’ll get my wish regarding the scaling of the 5 members to each other, awesome! That makes XTB the only game in town for me.

I do hope the quality is as good or better than the beserkars...Bring on the streetwise preorders I’m in...I’ll be a good little guinea pig once again for this one :D 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the colors, I wouldn't even be able to tell at a glance that those things are supposed to be Defensor.

I don't get it, XTB always goes for toon accuracy in bot mode. That's their MO...toon accurate bots and realistic vehicles. I don't know why anyone would suddenly expect otherwise now. The only question we should be asking is whether or not it'll fall apart out of the box, not whether or not it'll look like the toon.

• Like Like x 7
  11. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

Pretty much exactly what I want in an MP Defensor. Only things I would change are slightly larger chest plates and match the overall blue closer to the toon. Don’t care about the bots since I’m going MMC for them. I’m also one of those guys who is happy with my XTB Menasor.

12. XBurner071

XBurner071 Burn Baby Burn!

News Credits:
    My only wish is that the arm bots dont split in half like their stunticons. Please turn into proper combined mode arms please XTB!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

The picture says it’s going to 51cm. That’s bigger than their menasor and about the size of the zeta bots if not taller. Weird choice but a welcome one since their menasor being too small next to zeta is why I bought the fans toys version instead.

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's marginally smaller, absolutely. But too small?

FB_IMG_1617462653535.jpg

Not really. I don't get why ppl still peddle that narrative. 1cm (10 whole millimetres) isn't the end of the world when you're discussing 50cm bots. Menasor will look absolutely fine against this guy, just as he does with the Zeta boys.

• Like Like x 11
  16. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FYI, XTB confirmed Streetwise will NOT be grey. It'll be off-white. From facebook:

Disappointing to me, probably good news for others.

• Like Like x 1
  17. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just different opinion, toon accuracy doesn't mean ugly as fxxk to me. In the G1 cartoon, there are a lot places the drawing doesn't look good at all.
    If one day, either Takara or XTB released MasterPiece Devastator like this, saying 100% toon accuracy, will u still buy it?

[​IMG]

18. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Strange, but I kinda miss the "collar" he has in some versions. Makes the head and shoulder area a bit more interesting. Oh, and the red panel on the stomach would really help as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the end of the world for people it's just their preference. It's like having Sideswipe a head shorter than Sunstreaker, it's not alot shorter and not a big deal, but some peoples preference are the two are the same size. TW devy is a little shorter than zeta bruticus, and it's not bad. Then Monolith is a little shorter than Tw devy, and it's not bad. But for me pairing zeta bruticus with Monolith misses the sweet spot.

I'm glad XTB saw that the size was to small and made their Defensor bigger.

20. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also talk about toon accuracy, there are 2 obviously places that not toon accurate.

1) The arms are too big compare to legs. The top heavy body portions with small legs is not really G1, more like 08 animation style. You can see the G1 image below is not like that.

2) too much details on the arms/legs while not much on the body. Maybe the body is going for MP3.0 cartoonish simplistic style, but the limbs are MP 2.0 with lots of details, more realistic drawing. Which is a weird combination. Could because this is not final rendering. I sure hope the style is more unified in the final product, either go for MP 2.0 or MP 3.0, just not a mix bag.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3