XTB Protectobots/Defensor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by XBurner071, Oct 25, 2020.

1. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was greyed out previously. Thanks for the heads up though. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    guys, relax. This isn’t FT. You’ll have plenty of time to PO one or even wait until it’s officially released to buy one from US retailers

• Like Like x 3
  3. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh I’m very well relaxed thank you. Just pointed out that it was greyed out. Didn’t say sold out said “arrival notice” when I checked. I’m also not American so that doesn’t matter to me. Thanks for assuming though ;) 

4. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is the screenshot which they're much taller than Arcee, so they should be much taller than those car bots actually.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

In that picture it has adult humans up to their thigh, meanwhile here we have children almost reaching their waist. They are slightly hunched over, but that wouldn't affect their lower body height. I actually want the taller limb bots, but I can't honestly use that screenshot as justification.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

So this thing is gonna be a hair over 20 inches (51cm) tall? I'm kinda tempted now.

Tempted until I remember it's XTB we're talking about here... Will this be a replay of Menasor?

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Holy fuck bunnies, how did I miss this for 6 months? This is brilliant!!!
    :rock :music :buttrock 

7. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

The first bot looks really good, but I don't think I'll jump on this train because a) XTB are not trustworthy atm, b) I don't feel like spending $600 right now, c) Defensor is the one combiner I do not really care about. Their alt modes were repetitive, their introduction in S2 was a joke, they had no background and 4/5 bots had no characterization at all. First Aid was the only one that stood out for being annoying. I had a red KO of Hot Spot as a child and always thought: "Inferno really has a bad toy."

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. PrimeProblem

PrimeProblem Well-Known Member

XTB threads should be locked automatically until I get my damn Locke fixed - the audacity of these guys!

• Like Like x 2
  9. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sucks that the community doesn't care about QC for this company. They have had shotty QC for a long time and are still in business.

• Like Like x 2
  10. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow. Just imagine Headmaster Daniel at this size...:eek: [/QUOTE]

That may be the case but I would rather all the carbots scale together myself. I felt this way about the stunticons and feel it about these guys, in my head that just makes sense anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  11. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Well, that's not true, is it? They've had some figures with QC issues, but for a while now, their figures have been largely praised. I've got 17 of their figures, and with the exception of a few loose joints that have developed on the oldest, I've not had a single QC issue on any of them. Each person can only go with the experience they themselves have had with a company, and maybe I've been lucky by getting good copies of the figures I do have and not getting the figures with more widespread problems, but I wish people wouldn't be so reactionary to a couple of aberrations on a track record. Just 'cause Locke was a problem, doesn't negate all the good figures made by XTB over the last 4 or 5 years.

FT has just as many, if not more widespread QC issues on their releases (I've certainly had at least 3 break on me out of the box), but they don't receive the ire that XTB does.

So no... the "community" doesn't have to care the same way you do with your bias, as a lot of us won't have a problem with XTB.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

You do realize your bias doesn't speak for the entire community either, right? ;) 

Quite frankly, if Virtus turns into a shit show too i'll be in the same boat as that guy. It's make or break time, XTB. Don't fuck it up!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Answer: TFW2005

Answer: TFW2005 and trolls

Answer: FansToys White Knight army

There are a doble standards on this site, the people who trash XTB for whatever they do wrong are the same people who remain silent when a problem or a controversy involves a FT's figure... And we know who those trolls are...

• Like Like x 5
  14. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I'm also cautiously watching what happens with Locke, but checked Show.Z again. Now I can fill my cart with 92 Fuzz(es or ies?) before they cut me off. I think this is another case of wildly premature pre-orders going up like the FansToys Cliffjumper pre-order based on an outline. I don't think anything is going to sell out anytime soon since there doesn't seem to be much official like price or delivery date for retailers to work with. Just past history of retailers with certain suppliers and what they think they could probably get. More of a gauge in interest from the fans so that Show.Z knows how many units to request when they do get an official solicitation.

So glad I skipped Locke. I had been waiting forever before finding a deal on Koot. No way I need two Kups on my shelf. But a nice Defensor that matches the other 3P combiners is tempting. Oh, let to QC spirits be merciful on this one.

15. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

unfortunately the trolls, twats and FT whiteknights come out of the woodwork whenever there is a post about XTB. I've come to the conclusion that they are so damn insecure about their own purchases that they have to go onto whatever competing product's page there is so they can talk shit and make themselves feel good about their own purchase. It isn't enough anymore to just enjoy what they have bought, they have to flame everyone and any other product out there that might make them feel insecure about their choices.

• Like Like x 4
  16. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they should make him a little grayer? i know what else is throwing it off to me is the abcrunch area, maybe it will look better not engaged

• Like Like x 1
  17. PrimeProblem

PrimeProblem Well-Known Member

Trolls, white knights?? Locke was an absolute dumpster fire on a scale never even sniffed at by FT - you guys are fucking delusional and it’s sad

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

• Like Like x 6
  19. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter: