XTB / KFC Future Release Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SquishyOH, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Kinda annoying that XTB seem to have forgotten all about the Protectobots. Plus, if they're so obsessed with these molds, why not release Searchlight?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In theory these are coming after First Aid, of course First Aid has already been bumped back 6 months once this year so who knows. These newly announced repaints could just as easily happen this year or 5 years from now considering XTB precedents. Since these are just render reveals these are not necessarily more likely to come out than Searchlight, or could easily come at the same time as Searchlight. It's just XTB adding to their overwhelming backlog.

• Like Like x 2
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This is yet again proof that XTB just doesn't know what they are doing. They are capable of putting out great figures but so often don't and then go overboard hurting their brand by jumping all over the place. They could have gotten out Abaddon and Zeusaurus and washed away a lot of the angst over their backlog. Instead they have decided to compete with FT directly on Devy, probably Superion, and several other figures and just ignore their plans. Throttlebots, Nightbeat, Minerva, and several other things including Abaddon and Zeusaurus continue to be afterthoughts while they cannot even finish Defensor. All of this appeared to be to beat FT to the punch on Devy and Ironhide/Ratchet. I know for a fact that FT has 3 completed members of Devy so that plan is out the window. XTB's big reveal of Ratchet/Ironhide got crushed by FT. I think these figures will sell but XTB just continually stubs their toe for no reason. If XTB lets Defensor sit out there for too long FT is going to get them on that one too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Jesus titty-fucking Christ, the FT/XTB blood-feud does my head in. An endless farce of one-upmanship, dick-waving and unscrupulous business tactics that's as tedious as it is old. Plenty of room in the market for both of 'em, but nooo... there can be only one! Who cares if we shelve our most anticipated releases indefinitely, who gives a toss if we can't finish projects we started years ago, who cares if we throw the release schedule out the frigging window to just chase the latest trend? We've got to have our shitty little Devastator battle to win, right lads? I mean, how many bastard years have people been asking for a better Ironhide/Ratchet and been completely ignored, yet I'm willing to bet that both XTB and FT had designs ready for ages and have just been waiting for the other side to blink first. You'd have thought the rabid competition they have would result in better products for the consumer; Like better QC for XTB figures and lower prices for Fanstoys, but of course not... It's more important to screw over the opposition than evolve your business model. Honestly? They can both piss off at this point.

Sorry, rant over. And don't give me any of that ridiculous brand-loyalty crap; they're both as bad as each other and we all bloody know it.

• Like Like x 10
  5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Omegalock just listed Youth versions of the Runatwins

6. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I concur. When 3p companies turn it into a zero-sum game, everyone loses. The worst part is, I would hate to see MMC or Zeta to get hurt by this new Devy war, but, perhaps not every company will make it out unscathed.

I think all these companies had designs in the works and ready to go for years. And like you said, just waiting for the first one to blink. Like nuclear stockpiling.

• Like Like x 5
  7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

while i TOTALLY agree, both companies are still putting out stuff worth buying, although i hate that they can't stay off each other's stuff. ugh. honestly, i would have been fine with just you know ONE version of say perceptor. both are pretty damn good! the world dind't NEED them both, but it seems the market bought them both up anyway. woudln't it have been better to just avoid doing the same character though to get all the spoils for same amount of work? lol.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With a December release date

• Like Like x 1
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This is just like the Dinobot, Devy, Predaking, Insecticon wars that essentially killed 3P the first time around by killing CHUG and companies only survived because it was the dawn of 3P G1 MP. I see this as the end of 3P where you have FT and XTB as the only main players left but none of them wants to lose out on the big market characters and they are just going to go tit for tat. XTB should back away and follow their own plan. Throttlebots, HM Jrs, Omnibots. They could move into Jumpstarters, Clones, and virtually everything else that would sell including combiners like King Poseidon, Liokaiser, Dinoking, Road Caesar, and Landcross but they don't want to venture outside of the toon. XTB could do Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, Roadfire, Star Saber, Super Megatron, and so on. These companies are not serving the market and it is clear in the long run so many characters we are going to miss out on because of this need for repetition of the same things. Be the only MP Liokaiser, not the fifth Devy.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

so, what you are saying is XTB should just back out of season 1 characters and leave it to FT and XTB focus on the more obscure, less profitable characters? the characters from the Asia series aren't going to get near the sales volume a proper Wincharger would bring.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Selgarde

Selgarde Well-Known Member

I really do wish Keith would read some of the comments here. I've participated in some of the YouTube channel chats with Grifter Prime, but there is something different about hearing it right from the fans. The real risk for XTB/KFC here is alienating customers who have money tied up in products they aren't producing in a timely manner, to attempt to compete to get less of a share of products which they are rushing out the door out of some sense of "oneupmanship". Ultimately, this will decrease sales, decrease quality, and decrease brand loyalty. All terrible things for a business. Speaking as someone who has money tied up in XTB pre-orders, I am now unwilling to pre-order more until I see a product drop, because I know the chances of it coming out on any promised schedule are nil. That's not good business.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Welcome to buying any third party product. Enjoy your stay.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Thought we would have heard something by now about Ironhide/Ratchet. Pretty disheartening

14. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

ShowZ thread said Ratchet would be mid-June to maybe even July when I asked last week.
    Show.Z Store

• Like Like x 2
  15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Where. Is. Conan.

:( 

16. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed that for you ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    :[[ lol.

I just want Nightbeat so I can stick him with my IDW figures :3 glad to see he’s coming with some IDW parts. Here’s hoping it’s taking so long because they’re, uh, giving us more chest options!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    I think moving up Ratchet/Ironhide was a pretty bad idea to be honest. Seems like its fucked up the whole years releases

• Like Like x 4
  19. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I mean where are they? Something isn't flowing right in xtransbots land at the moment, it seems

• Like Like x 2
  20. Currywurst

Currywurst Heaven And Hell 2001 nostalgic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess Scrapper is releasing soonish. Whenever that is.