XTB / KFC Future Release Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SquishyOH, Sep 6, 2021.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This is a great list but also doesn't account for Ultra Magnus and Buster and Hydra. I am curious if all future new molds and releases are migrated to XTB when they come out. It appears that God Ginrai might be the last coming out of KFC. This list looks impossible to complete by 2022 so we will see what they get out. The reissues, repaints, and Junkions will all get out but there are a lot of new releases in that list. It would take like 3 factories producing all the time to pull it off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

I have a link for the updated MP Ultra Magnus (with the Only Human minifig) and Sandstorm at the very bottom of post #1. They have threads but no images and no release numbers yet. I've added a link for Dreadwind/Darkwing down there too since it wasn't clear at a quick glance if those two have official release numbers to fit into the main list. Thanks for pointing these out! At least the links are all in one spot to make it easier to find them in the future.

I'm 3/4 of the way through Masterforce right now and running into a lot of these Japanese characters for the first time. Would be nice if Hasbro and TT had kept more consistent names because I'm like you calling them Buster and Hydra since I never got the Dreadwind or Darkwing Toys.

3. luckyman76

I try to do that too. I much preferred the cartoon use of the characters than the toy setting. I hated Pretenders, the toy, but the cartoon had a good way of hiding that crap with the fat body shell. I would rather just have a figurine with that or shell that hides the weapon and give me a cool transformer with alt and bot mode.

iBot when he teased Sandstorm also teased Broadside back in 2017-2018? Around the same time he also teased Blurr and Perceptor but what he confirmed for release was Astrotrain and Runabout/Runamuck. We finally got the latter and Perceptor. I could see Sandstorm and Broadside at some point. I could also see Top Spin/Twintwist, Roadbuster, and Whirl. He also told me they would do Overlord when they teased God Ginrai which they eventually did. Also Rodimus Prime was mentioned but these are all rumors until we see something like we did for Runabout/Runamuck because it has been so long. You obviously have tracked a lot of the history but just wanted to give you all these parts as well.

I think Zeta should do a Road Caesar and Landcross and maybe Liokaiser. XTB might be good for a Piranacon and Dinoking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SquishyOH

Added Commander Stack to post #1 today. Then had to go back and add a half dozen Omnibot repaints plus another racer version of Dragstrip to the list. Didn't get a chance to update all the release dates in the "release order by date" list yet, but they're mostly 3rd Q and 4th Q 2022 so nothing imminent. Locke V2 is out and both Virtus and Janssen seem tantalizingly close, yet so far away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SquishyOH

Added the new MX-8, MX-9, and MX-17 re-paints to Post #1 for items scheduled for 1st Quarter, 2023. Also noted a couple items like the Menasor Toy Trailer and Locke 2.0 getting releases. Still need to update the chronological schedule to add these figures as well as a slew of recent re-paint announcements. Always happens when I'm working in the wrong city and not near the Excel spreadsheet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

saw on the Facebook post that the red repaint Hoist is going to be an exclusive to certain Asian markets only. do we know which ones they are talking about yet?

7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I just want an Astrotrain that his shuttle alt-mode nosecone doesn't look like a circumcised penis...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

But you'd be okay with it looking like an uncircumcised penis?

• Like Like x 3
  9. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd argue you could add an Arcee to the rumored releases d/t the Only Human figures coming with their respective bots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. luckyman76

They already have a prototype for Elita 1 and iBot originally rumored Fembots so I would say that all goes together now with what has been revealed to confirm Arcee. There is also a prototype for the Jailer Quintesson if I recall.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SquishyOH

I think I've captured all these rumors in the latest updated to Post #1. Also updated the release schedule adding in all those new repaints (and Ultra Magnus plus Lift-Ticket just because it sure seems inevitable). Added totals to the bottom making a grand total of 62 figures currently assigned numbers and Pre-Order info. Of those 62 only 25 are mostly all-new (we can debate % of re-use in Cy-Kill versus some other Junkions) while a whopping 33 are re-paints of mini-bots, Omnibots, and quite a few other bots. Only have 4 old characters getting repaints on the cards right now.

If you see a good source of material on the forums (like prototype pics of Elita-1 or other figures) then please post a link. Post #1 is getting populated with as many hyperlinks across the site as I can track down just as record of where much of this info comes from.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I will be ok with it looking like an actual shuttle!

13. luckyman76

X-Transbots Elita-1

• Like Like x 1
  14. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

this is a nice thread. pretty useful for those planning on ordering a bunch of them but man i can't help but think "how the heck are they even gonna come close to releasing all these?" did they just open a dedicated line in their existing factory or subbing more stuff out (we know they sub out at least the assembly of some of the products and maybe the molding too....see "unauthorized cheap production" of a couple stunticons done on the real tooling as well as the famous locke debacle which was blamed on a factory they picked to do the production.

i well and truly hope they get all this done and it all comes out in a timely manner with decent or even exceptional quality but from past history its never been done before and what i'm really expecting is the start of the list will delayed 3 months, with every quarter's after that delaying an additional 3-5 months going forward so by the end of 2022 releases, those releases will be a year at least late and sure...we will have the oddball random early releases and super super late ones thrown in too, all with hit or miss QC. i hope i'm wrong but unless they've turned a corner on production speed and quality this is what i'd expect. i well and truly hope i'm wrong, because i have a ton of these on preorder. lol

15. luckyman76

Pretty much all of this. I think they are subbing out their reissues for production to multiple factories they have some control over to drive revenue and keep development and first run production in their factory. They have so many molds in development before release that I think they need the revenue to drive production runs. My guess is the overwhelming number of releases/reissues is to get more favorable terms with other factories to keep them busy rather than fighting for production slots. I find the timing to be impossible but all of the above is just speculation from me.

16. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

I'm getting increasingly skeptical we'll see Jansen and Eligos before Xmas. I've a bad feeling in my wooden leg, so to speak.

Also, Deathsaurus can't come quick enough.

17. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Jocund was supposed to be released before Janssen and we haven't seen it yet. Same for Virtus.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Blimey, forgot all about Jocund. Looking even worse, now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sky79

Sky79 Well-Known Member

Hope they come out with a line of even smaller hands. I must have $300+ into replacement hands alone lol

Make smaller ones please