XTB Dr. Egg - MP Quintesson Judge

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Chrisola, Dec 14, 2018.

1. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    See now I want a "middle age spread" face sculpt for Sovereign...

• Like Like x 1
  2. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's eBay's global shipping price. I'll look at disabling that option and providing shipping myself.

3. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Shipping shouldn't be that high. Let me look at that

4. 4249david

Ebay:
    Just remember eBay's global shipping includes the customs charges and everything. If you cost your own then you're looking at requests for under declarations or customers are running the risk if customs charges themselves. It's a coin toss...

• Like Like x 2
  5. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I have removed Global shipping. It's now set to £15 which is the price for small parcel international standard shipping. I have a pack of three listed as a seperate auction but with the same price shipping to save costs.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Although Sovereign's ratchets and fingers can pull it off, don't think you'd want to permanently pose it like this though.

IMG_3014.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
  7. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Why not? :D  That's exactly what these ugly things deserve!

Great pic. It should be posted in the reenacted scenes thread.

• Like Like x 6
  8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Completely irrelevant and out of context, but thanks to that pic I finally realized wth I found wrong on Sovereign all these years, and never hit the buy it button.

In other words thank you.

9. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Looks kinda nice though.

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I've never cared much for A3U but it's... a way to see some new figures. The whole "well, it's heavy and feels great so it's worth the money" is... pretty ridiculous. Sounds like an apologist video, though I wouldn't go so far as to call them shills (but I'm sure some people would go that far).

Too bad this figure is kinda average. I agree on the colours and paint, and I too just can't stomach the price given the lacking paint apps and other aforementioned problems. I feel like they could have done a nice black wash on the body too.

It's definitely cool, but it's not good enough for that price, whereas the Hasbro one is fantastic for the price. The lack of moving jaws are also disappointing but not surprising. Last I checked, die-cast isn't much of a price difference any more (but this was a while ago now), so I kinda doubt that adds to the price, but if it does, it's a bad decision. Actually, it's a bad decision either way since paint chips off die-cast metal a lot easier than plastic, plus it looks very heavy for that thin, clear plastic stand. Heck, the figure looks unstable as it rotates. That's not a good sign.
    I'd also prefer they made a turning rail in the middle of the body rather than the whole top portion rotating, but that's a nitpick.

The remote with all the electronic gimmicks is still a neat idea, but I think I'd have just preferred that they scrapped all of that because the implementation seems very clumsy, unfortunately. And I'm someone who wanted the gimmicks (provided it didn't greatly inflate the price).

• Like Like x 3
  11. BaWeepGranaWeep

BaWeepGranaWeep Member

I was super excited for this figure, and it seems really nice in a way, but also pretty damn bland. I don't know. Have they said that they are doing anything else with those tentacles or just that light gray like the egg? With the light color and the clear energy blast area (would have preferred a pink), it just seems pretty dull on the shelf if you aren't using the lights. Faces look good, and the remote is awesome.

12. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Buy this version now and a year later get the "T" version. Haven't you guys caught on to their new strategy?

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I'm curious. What was it that kept you from pulling the trigger?

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I don't see that happening with this one because I think there will be too many on clearance. It is definitely a nice figure and we are using the price to bash it but that is the whole point. It is clearly not worth it. That video was nice but pretty pathetic with the pandering of justifying the price. I get why they did it. I think the real price point is around $80 and they could have made a killing selling a set of 3 for $200. I even think around $100 most people would bite on it. I see it going for clearance around $120 and I may not be in at that price and this was a definite buy from me. Remote needed to be painted like the ship. People complaining about panel lining shade or egg shell shade of paint I believe they were going for that toon muted look vs a darker blue grey

• Like Like x 2
  15. pilot00

I couldnt place it, something in that figure seemed wrong to me. But by seeing that pic, It occured to me: Its that hugeass arm cannon and the waist. Galvatron was depicted more girthy in the mid section. Or at least that how I have it in my mind. I also for whatever reason didnt like the sculpt of his hands.

• Like Like x 1
  16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EDIT: I think you're actually talking about the Quintesson, in which case yes I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them on clearance later.

Clearance?!

My memory was of all the preorders selling out in under an hour. Are these actually in stock at multiple stores (or even one)? I got him and I'm not concerned, but curious if my impressions of the situation are incorrect?

17. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The copy they have isn't even painted... it's a test sample, so I dunno about judging the colors and paint. I really want to see what a final copy looks like. I may just end up canceling it after it hits my loot pile or something.

They did seem a bit um, unprepared to be on camera doing a review though. At least the third guy seemed genuinely stoked.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pilot00

Anybody interested on some scientist and prosecutor pricing? We can play this game as well, but the catch is, you have to justify it with gimmicks ;) 

19. 4249david

Ebay:
    I thought the same regarding the paint, but then they specifically comment about it in the review.

Unless it's a ruse of some sort - for XTB to axtually release a darker Egg, painted remote, and say that they listened to feedback, I'm thinking that this version is what's coming out.

• Like Like x 2
  20. pilot00

The fact that they suggest on the review, that you can use washes or panel lining pens to make it darker, is more or less confirmation for me that thats the final colour (egg wise at least).

• Like Like x 1