XTB Dr. Egg - MP Quintesson Judge

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Chrisola, Dec 14, 2018.

1. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

What is FT asking for Thomas?

Where's that 'eating-popcorn-watching-closely' emoji?

• Like Like x 1
  2. piman

piman Well-Known Member

I actually have no problem with that even they are exactly the same population.

If they pay $4500 for mp-444 in the future, that's even better. Fans fully support hastak financially, 3p will survive longer.

3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    It'd only be worth it if, the mouths moved.

$4 in a servo, LED, speaker, IR transmitter and 10 minutes worth of logic does not such a price hike make.

• Like Like x 8
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Never buy into their bullsh1t, that's not why it costs so much. That is what they do to justify the price they want and this is due to XTB not putting out products and having less a bite of the apple at your money every year. Their fixed costs are the same whether they put out something or not. Their pricing strategy on this and God Ginrai is beyond stupid. It's over overpriced even $50 cheaper. If they gave you two at this price it would have sold. Should have sold a 3-pack like Andras. This will heavily damage XTBs reputation and sales. Its more than just a boneheaded move. Retailers are not going to like having to clearance this crap off and even $50 off isn't going to do it.

By contrasts FT meets production schedules and puts out new products readily at inflated but REASONABLE prices and can always go back after your money for the same figure later if they need to with a sustainable strategy. XTBs unwillingness to invest in the mfg engineering staff necessary to pull off their product catalog timely has left them stuck in the mud and resorting to their current strategies that diminish their brands.

• Like Like x 6
  5. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

No egg left behind

6. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Aaaaand breeeeath....

The chipping is not on the $175 figure.

And if I "obviously love XTB" why am I saying this is way overpriced? Did I ever say they were top tier?

Why is how much you spent relevant? Do I have to justify my view by saying I bought MP44? Or FT10? Or HasLab? No, so don't bother raising it when it's irrelevant.

And what does it matter who has pics with chips and who doesn't? TT have mistransformed pictures of transforming toys in their shots.

Prove you wrong? Please :rolleyes: . You're putting words in my mouth that I absolutely didn't say, just to start an argument.

I wouldn't mind, but you seem to have missed my point. Perhaps that's because one of the new jobs of FT fanboys is to diss XTB's stuff?

My point, for clarity, is that you chose to post to say "$175 for chipped paint". That is a petty diss because what you're seeing isn't the final $175 figure. It's no different to seeing a grey prototype and calling it shit because of tolerances. It's unfinished so it's allowed to be imperfect.

Again, if the finished figure (which I am not paying such a high price for, I'd rather pay my Thomas balance) has those issues then absolutely call it out as a $175 figure with chipped paint.

Or you could start saying the voices don't sound accurate, even though you haven't heard them. Whatever works for you

• Like Like x 5
  7. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I mean I wasn't going to pick this up anyway as I'm just not that bothered about them, but crikey you've gotta be pretty invested to swallow that price.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

They created a test shot, and are paying photographers to get glamour shots. If you can’t get some glory shots under ideal controlled circumstances without causing damage what are the odds the mainline product will behave better? The wires are meant to move and bend, if they’re painted it’s gonna chip.

Oh yeah, I agree, the gimmicks are a fig leaf to attempt to justify the price, it’s not like there aren’t infinite cheap equivalent light up features everywhere.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

They could name that version "Mr. Egg".

• Like Like x 3
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

I think some people are making assumptions because they "heard" it from someone... The solicitation that I've seen shows $176 as the MSRP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

These are just some of the posts from the first 20 or so pages on this thread. It makes for some interesting retrospective reading about what people were asking for and what people were saying was unnecessary.

I read the product listing and it states that the "tentacles" are copper wire, coated with rubber. Isn't copper supposedly quite expensive?

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 20.00.21.png

Be interesting to hear from others how much die cast is actually in the shell too.

And whatever nanotech (or something or other) paint is like compared to good ol' regular paint.

Even ibot said here that it's the paint apps that are costly...

Seems like materials have driven the price of this thing through the roof and out of my sensibilities to pay for.

I really don't get where the price of this figure is coming from.

January 2021 sale stock half price.

• Like Like x 6
  12. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

This is silly. I own MP-44 and I paid $315 for him. Frankly he was overpriced...but at least he has a TON of engineering, an amazing trailer, a shit load of accessories as well as electronics. This thing...it rotates and make noise and lights up....whoopti-doo. If you think this is worth almost $180, then you win. For most of us...we see it as grossly overpriced....you can get toys that have all 3 elements (motor, lights and sounds) for like a small fraction of what this thing is priced at.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  13. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yeah, copper is so expensive. With $175, you can buy 52 lb (23 KG) of copper.

upload_2020-8-10_16-1-34.png

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    The gauge of wire they'll be using to reinforce the tentacles won't be that expensive. Telephone wire, which probably isn't much thinner, sells for around forty bucks for 300 ft. And you get four lines of actual wire in there, so, you're actually buying 1200 feet of wire for forty bucks. You can make a lot of tentacles with 1200 feet of wire.

Rednecks steal wire from HVAC units because it's a lazy way to make about six bucks. Ten if it's a bigger unit.

That being said, they made what their customer wanted. A gimmick riddled trinket... for $176 domestically.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's all calm down and let XTB confirm the price first....then we can get back to pitchforking.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    This thing is significantly more than I was trying to spend on a Quintesson. It's also fucking huge and pretty cool... if I can find it on sale I'll snap it up but at that price, I'll wait. I already have an iGear Quint in my display so that's sorted-ish.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TFs-Express are XTB's European partner (found that out when I chased Scourge after seeing in-hand stock on eBay. They weren't best pleased, shall we say...).

It's $170 equivalent on their uk site.

• Like Like x 5
  18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i know i said i wouldn't pay more than £60/£70 earlier in this thread but after seeing tfs-express price i remembered i spent more on hot toys r2-d2 which has sounds and lights and the much smaller hot toys yoda no overly complicated engineering with those 2 :p  ... so no doubt i will end up buying this regardless of price :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Are you of the belief that this photo is representative of the final production and not only is it being shipped to customers that way but every other unit in the production has the same issue?

nobody is arguing the semantics of chipped paint, they are disputing the stupidity of the above belief of the test shot you seem to be under as somehow representative of what the final production will be.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

I did a bit of stalking and ibot has been reading this thread today, so coupled with the negative comments on their FB they're obviously aware that they've priced this way, way higher than what the majority of people expected and are willing to pay.

They responded to all the FB comments the other day saying $175 wasn't the final price, only for it to be confirmed now. What was the point of saying that to people? I wonder if this is something they'll address.

I can't remember who, but a few pages back someone said they think XTB have been overthinking this and I fully agree. They've delayed and delayed and delayed so they can do redesign after redesign, adding these features thinking it would make it more appealing, but all they've done is left themselves in a situation where they have to price it way beyond expectations.

• Like Like x 6