Digibash: XenoTK’s Miscellaneous Digibash Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by XenoTK, Jul 1, 2016.

1. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

I don't do requests, but even so I've already done a PotP Monstructor that I'm satisfied enough with

monstructor1.png monstructor2.png

But good luck with your idea nonetheless :D 
    Wow that's an ambitious project! Godspeed :eek: 

I know I've had enough trouble just digibashing these and I can modify and resize everything to my heart's content in Photoshop. Nonetheless I've had a lot of luck using images of the original G1 figures and there's plenty of over-sized Seacon KO's out there that could save you some trouble of trying to generate new parts to use... But do whatever you need to do

It's impressive how well Cutthroat works for Seawing, I figured that regardless of the mold used you'd have to reverse the wings to get a proper ray-like appearance

I think it's an interesting choice how you've chosen to orient Hun-Gurrr for Snaptrap. I would have figured that the primary benefit of having a turtle mode over a dragon would be that the shell is a perfect place to hide the combiner mode torso kibble rather than part of a hanging undercarriage. That's not a criticism however because I can definitely see the benefit of utilizing both sets of legs

Lastly I like the choice of using the Shrapnel/Skrapnel mold. If it had a built-in Targetmaster mode like some other Legends class figures I would have used him for sure :thumb 

Anyway, while I'm still procrastinating on Nautilator I still have some other Seacon digibashes to show off
    [​IMG]

I was going to do the other three BWII Seacons first, but… Oh who am I kidding? Scylla was always going to be my first priority :p 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Snaptrap is the hardest one to do. I went with that configuation because I not only felt like it was the best way to go, but it would more emulate Snaptrap in both of his modes. Mainly replacing the tail with the head on a swivel.
    064162DA-4FEC-421D-A391-AAF73654FD6F.jpeg

As for Scylla, she’s awesome! I actually started with Overbite(for obvious reasons), but decided to do him in Sea Phantom’s colors, so I look forward to seeing how you map out the colors for each of them.

Also wanted to say, when I made that other post I wasn’t trying to steal your thunder, I just thought it was awesome because I had the exact same idea and seeing it visually represented was awesome.

3. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    I dabbled with the Snaptrap thing, but I couldn't figure out the turtle shell without some kind of big removable accessory.

stbm01.jpg strm01.jpg stcm01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    My idea was to use the robot legs as the base of the shell and then have a massive removable shell piece that would split into two halves, both connected to the main body via 5mm ports on the guns, so that they could be plugged into the arms if desired to receate how they worked on the G1 toy(being removable.)

I suppose if one so desired, they could also make an additional combined chest plate to sit in front of the guns in turtle mode that could be partsformed onto the front of the combined mode.

5. XenoTK

Don't worry, I don't see it as stealing my thunder :thumb 

I wouldn't be making these kinds of speculative digibashes if I didn't want to initiate some discussion. Besides, seeing custom ideas that resemble my own digibashes is a much greater motivator for doing this since the loss of FunPub has left the current scene of official exclusives fairly uninspired...
    Well I don't see any reason why reversing the alt mode would have any impact on your ability to use Hun-Gurrr's tail as the turtle head, but maybe that's just me
    When I first proposed this project my idea was that the combiner mode feet could be connected to Snaptrap's turtle back as an optional way to bulk up the shell, but I haven't done anything with that idea since

Typically I wouldn't be doing something like this because I still want to do a proper digibash of Snaptrap's alt mode somewhere down the line, but here's how I've been planning to orient it
    snapturtle.png
    The back end is elevated here since the rear legs would need to be new parts... One idea I've been toying with is that Hun-Gurrr's preexisting leg joints could be used to move the torso kibble up and down the backpack so there's greater diversity between modes (And the turtle shell doesn't just end up looking exactly like Piranacon's chest)

Anyway, moving from my last digibash on to another female Beast Warrior, Transform Element revealed their new legends scale not-Blackarachnia and I got a bit carried away...
    [​IMG]

Since I chose not to use any chrome on her original show colors I decided to use this color scheme to test out a more metallic deco
    [​IMG]

This one was supposed to be a direct interpretation of Blackarachnia's unreleased Halloween Horrorcon deco, but it ended up looking more like a different homage¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  6. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I feel you there, ever since I got back into customizing it is like a whole new world has been opened for me in terms of making older characters from newer molds that work. A friend of mine keeps telling me I’m continuing Funpub’s work, and I like that(though most of my projects are still just ideas.

In terms of inspiriation though, heres my Sea Phantom, just to see what it looks like realized.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/generations-overbite-sea-phantom.1165822/

Oh it wouldn’t, I just meant that the tail needs to be replaced with the head to make him accurate, regardless of the orientation.

Thats not a bad idea. I think using the feet is genius, but I’d still use him the other way around. That way the combined mode chest stays hidden and the shell gives the alternate mode a new profile. Plus you can use the pre-existing dragon legs. To each their own though.

7. XenoTK

Very interesting... I'm partial to the unified color scheme on God Neptune myself, but when you're not doing the rest of that particular team I can see why you would prioritize more visual interest to make a single figure stand out on its own or in a more colorful line-up. Sea Phantom especially, being mostly grey and white and lacking the tealish-green and gold detailing of his teammates, ends up a bit drab on his own...

Besides I know I'm in no position to criticize anyone for not being necessarily accurate to the source material ;) 
    Yep, there's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. As a digibasher, all I can really do is influence people and offer help, not change their minds completely. That's not what I'm here to do

Just do your own thing and if I've managed to modify your plans in any minuscule or inoffensive way, that's just a bonus :D 

Unrelated to anything above, here's an idea for something that could certainly still be relevant real soon...
    [​IMG]

I'm not entirely sure what first motivated this, probably just wanted to justify a Battlemaster Leobreaker and got more more than a little carried away with the most logical Cybertron character to wield him in weapon mode. Of course we've known for a while that Siege Ultra Magnus would be retooled into an Optimus Prime, but I had no reason to believe this would be particularly relevant to that aside from being an alternative curiosity. However now that we've seen our first potential look at a Leader Optimus that show signs of TF Cybertron influence this could be a real possibility. Of course Ultra Magnus' vehicle mode was clearly inspired by Car Robots God Magnus and that didn't really transfer over into his other modes, but it's certainly fun to speculate...

This could be a very appropriate or inappropriate Christmas update to this thread dependent entirely on how much you associate this version of Optimus with Garry Chalk :D 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  8. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I adore it. I have been looking forward to that figure ever since it was first speculated to be Galxy Force inspired, as that was the main Optimus I grew up with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. XenoTK

Thank you!

I recently uploaded almost all my digibashes to Twitter so don't be too shocked if you run into any of them on there. Only time will tell if that extra exposure has any impact on the content of this thread, but it's been a pretty good confidence boost so far :D 

This first character probably doesn’t need a new toy so soon or anything, but I just thought it’d look cool
    [​IMG]

It's Weaponizer Metalhawk, he probably upgraded himself to prevent Vector Prime from stealing his identity again :p 

I know this may come as a surprise [/Sarcasm], but next up we have a couple of obscure Mini-Cons!
    [​IMG]

As veteran of the Unicron Battles, Kingbolt & Quench now make up the Micromaster Hazard Patrol and combine into the Checkmate Magna-Enforcer

Anyway see you all around the net!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  10. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    i only recognize the white car, i dont remember the name but wasnt it a repaint of prowl?
    but i honestly dont recognize the other one XD

11. XenoTK

They're both members of the Hazard Mini-Con Team, only available with Micron Legend DVDs like the other Linkage exclusive toys
    Hazard_team.JPG

They're all redecos of the Emergency Mini-Con Team, but Impulsor (The helicopter) didn't have an appropriate mold to use. I wouldn't lose sleep over it anyway, but it fits with the current nature of the Siege Micromasters losing team members

Anyway, Kingbolt is probably the only one of the three worth remembering because he talks all knightly and is colored like Exkaiser in vehicle mode
    KingboltGun.jpg LinkageOverload.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    then i was right about the repaint from prowl XD

13. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    *generic rule breaking compliment post here*

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube (Legacy):
    How sad is it that I just now realised that you and TransmetalTK on Twitter are the same person?

15. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

So my head cannon is that you got a leaked version and photoshopped Magnus to get as close as possible. I don't have evidence, other than your digibash is two underslung guns away from the official Prime.

16. XenoTK

Yep that's me!
    Trust me if I had any indication that Hasbro was going to give Leader Optimus as many new parts as they did, I would have included those in the digibash. Here I was thinking I would have to be more conservative in my approach so I wouldn't involuntarily get people's hopes up too high

But I see now that uncharacteristic restraint wasn't actually necessary :lol 

Since I'm already replying to this thread I might as well post a newer digibash here...

[​IMG]

This is something I've wanted to do since we first found out how the PotP Optimus Prime mold transformed, but the biggest setback was that I kept forgetting about it for weeks if not months at a time... :oops: 

I had to remove a lot of the stuff I originally planned to include in the image (Like the un-evolved Energon Optimus robot mode) so it wouldn't end up taking any longer than it already did, but I still couldn't resist including a nod to Omega Supreme's headmaster and one of the Prime Force drones :D 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  17. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube (Legacy):
    Also I'm taking your idea for G2 Gobots Ginrai.

18. TrashBotJones

TrashBotJones Well-Known Member

Can some do the gobot combiner Courageous out of CW bots? i already have ideas for the limbs
    Leader 1=Silverbolt
    Scooter=Deluxe Groove
    Turbo=Prowl
    Smallfoot=Offroad
    Rest Q=First Aid

Attached Files:

19. XenoTK

I mean it wasn't really intended to be Ginrai, but go right ahead :D 
    I don't do requests, but I do have plans for a Gobots-themed combiner concept down the line that may be of interest to you... ;) 

Anyway I'm not interested in seeing a “Nemesis” deco for the new Leader Magnus/Prime unless it comes with a full Nova Prime retool... Is that unreasonable?
    [​IMG]

On the bright side that wing-pack should be pretty easy for Hasbro to "weaponize"

Full disclosure, there didn't seem like much of a point waiting for clearer images of Leader Optimus for the purposes of this digibash and drawing this out longer than necessary... So I didn’t :wink: 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 17
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That REALLY works as Nova Prime. :)  Hope we can get this in the Select Series at least in the future. I'm still surprised why Hasbro didn't just do this with the original Cybertron Optimus figure even if it's just a straight up repaint.