Digibash: XenoTK’s Miscellaneous Digibash Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by XenoTK, Jul 1, 2016.

1. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

Thanks guys!
    My commissions are already open, I never posted about them here but all the information can be found on twitter or tumblr (Links in signature)

Just a reminder, commissions ≠ free requests! :) 
    Thanks! That one didn't get as attention on Twitter as the others, but I'm glad some people did like it after all!

Anyway I've got something new for you all today, but it's a bit different...
    skull-grin.png skull-grin2.png

It's a concept for an upgrade kit for Legacy Skullgrin!

The thing about Legacy Skullgrin is that I understand the disappointment around the figure... But I really want to show people the potential that it has. With just a couple of new parts (That any upgrade kit could provide) it could be the best Pretender update in years

And of course, there are many other parts that can be added to further differentiate these two as discrete modes (Like, a lower jaw for the skull head), but I was already spending way too much time on what was SUPPOSED to be a quick edit to display the possibilities :confused: 

And before someone accuses me of taking away his cool skull head or something... The whole point is to restore the the Pretender functionality of the figure as simply as possible, not to comment on which of his two looks is better :p 

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    lol i forgot about that :tongue: 

3. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I put together my own version on my thread, mostly to do the Shattered Glass version

• Like Like x 1
  4. XenoTK

Thanks for commenting guys!

Sorry for disappearing for a couple months again, I guess what I really needed to get me back in the saddle was the reveal of a new toyline. Speaking of which...
    [​IMG]
    First up is Falcia from Needlenose!

I know a lot of people have been asking for more Mini-Cons in Legacy Evolution, but this probably wasn't what they had in mind. Thankfully this digibash did pretty well on twitter and tumblr so I guess no one's complaining

I probably could've colored the Targetmasters like some other other Linkage characters for an even more in-depth homage, but it had already been over a month since my last digibash and I didn't want to get too distracted :p 

I was going to try to recreate her head from scratch like I did with my last Falcia bash, but I slapped on an Armada Terradive's head as a placeholder and it looked better than anything I could've made. Honestly pretty impressive since it's already so tiny and molded in black plastic

[​IMG]
    Next up is Leozack and... Let's say "Lionburst". It's not like this mold could turn into a breastplate anyway so there's no point in keeping the original name even if that's something we wanted

Even though he was ousted from the Liokaiser combiner some time ago, Leozack here would go perfect with HasLab Victory Saber, Velocitron Galaxy Shuttle, and a potential repaint of the upcoming Core Class Dinobots... You know the one ;) 

If there was a Steeljaw in the Siege Cassette style I probably would have used that instead, but I think Lionizer works fine here since it doesn't require any remolding for the Needlenose mold to make use of it

Mostly I'm just shocked that I managed to get two Japanese characters out of this mold while Hasbro is still teasing secondary gimmick from it. Good to know that even if I'm still slower than some of my fellow digibashers, I still have that power if I really put my mind to it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  5. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    I love your digibashes dude, that falcia is awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  6. AJthecybermon64

AJthecybermon64 Autobot maintenance and wellbeing officer

These look great as always

7. XenoTK

Thanks everyone

I wasn't expecting to update this thread so soon, but I decided to do a quickie digibash while I had the motivation. Then a recent reveal gave me an opportunity to do another one less than a week later. It's good to know that I can still fight off my perfectionist tendencies, even if it's not super common

[​IMG]
    First up is Core Class Sonar!

I never have enough opportunities to do asymmetrical digibashes, so this this freaky mismatched bat-lady seemed like a great opportunity to try something different

I'm kinda surprised I've seen so few digibashes from the Bomb-Burst mold, in fact I don't think any can name any others off the top of my head. That's a shame, I really think there's a lot of potential for this mold even outside of fellow bats

Next up is something a bit more current...
    [​IMG]
    It's Haslab Deathsaurus! I know I'm far from the first one to do this, but I couldn't resist trying my hand at it

I chose this image as a base because it has some crisper details and also less of the figure showing means I wouldn't have quite as much work as I would with a full-body shot. Of course I really underestimated how much extra work I was giving myself with all the text I had to work around

Unlike Victory Saber I doubt I'll be able to support this Haslab campaign unless I suddenly get a ton of commissions out of nowhere... But I really like the look of the figure and hope for the best for this project :D 

In case you didn't see it, I posted some Transformers Animated art recently. Be sure to check that out of you haven't seen it yet :thumb 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    omg, now i want that sonar!

9. XenoTK

Sorry for disappearing again, after that last post I never would have guessed that it would be a brand new year before I would be able to post again. Oh well, now I'm back. Thank you as always for commenting and thanks most of all for your patience!

First up is something inspired by Chris McFeely's Obscure Character's Month
    [​IMG]
    What if instead of getting Dion from Hot Shot, we got Dion from Hot Rod?

Obviously rather than coming with Hot Rod's suite of weapons and accessories, Dion comes with a brand new trailer-like extension for the vehicle mode that can conveniently fold up into a handy backpack. Hopefully some of that idea comes across in the digibash itself

Next up is something I've been wanting to do since Earthrise!
    [​IMG]
    This is something I could see working either in the Legacy Evolution main-line or even the Velocitron Collection if Hasbro is still continuing with that. It's Rescue Bots Chase!

Like I said, I've been thinking that the Runamuck mold would make a good Chase for years. I'm not sure if I really want to get into all the reasons I put it off for so long... But it's done now and that's what matters :D 

Hopefully the next update comes before 2024! I think I can manage that

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  10. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    I love these, though I forgot dion even existed, nice look either way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 真破壊大帝

News Credits:
    That is a pretty awesome-looking Dion.

Chase looks great too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Go play Titanfall 2

That dion and that chase are both figures I would want. Especially chase, as my early childhood was filled with a healthy supplement of rescue bots. Good job!

• Like Like x 1
  13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Loving this thread.. any plans on doing anything with tarn?

14. XenoTK

Whoops, sorry for disappearing again. Thanks for commenting as always!
    Thanks, I did have some ideas at first but they're pretty low priority with all the other digibash ideas battling for attention in my brain :confused: 

Anyway, let's get right to the digibashes of the day!
    [​IMG]
    It's Legacy Evolution Vector Prime!

As you can see from the cheeky little reference in the corner, this is a play on the Power of the Primes Decoy Suit that connected Metalhawk and Vector Prime. I considered doing the same for Skullgrin/Liege Maximo and Bomb-Burst/Megatronus, but aside from the PotP reference there's little reason to believe that would look good. On the other hand this works surprisingly well if I say so myself

Next up is another odd one, to no one's surprise...
    [​IMG]
    It's Legacy Universe T̶o̶w̶r̶a̶n̶t̶u̶l̶a̶s̶ Tarantulas!

I was already planning on using the Scraphook mold for some Beast Wars characters, I considered Quickstrike, Scorponok, and even Tarantulas... For the last option I was mostly considering that due to the accessories reminding me of his original toy's grappling hook and Transmetal p̶i̶z̶z̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ buzzsaw. Then the Tow-Line version of the mold got leaked and the head only increased the resemblance to Tarantulas. His recent appearance in Earthspark in Transmetal-inspired colors didn't hurt either...

While a tow truck isn't my first choice for a vehicle mode Tarantulas, it certainly fits for a scavenger mad scientist who experiments on whatever or whoever he can get a hold of. I personally like how the exhaust pipes match the positioning of his spider legs and the Junkion spikes work as extra spider eyes

To make up for my disappearance here are some extra photoshop edits I've made lately even if they aren't proper digibashes...
    metallichawk.png snowmeister.png cybertroniantorch.png
    First is some chrome practice on Metalhawk. Next is "Cool Jazz" as a sort of reversal of the fiery colors of the G2 Universe deco. The last one is taking the fiery deco to the extreme by turning G2 Jazz into the Human Torch.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  15. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    I loved these.

16. AJthecybermon64

They look great

17. XenoTK

Hello again, thanks for the comments as always!

With that out of the way, on to the digibashes...
    [​IMG]
    First up is Rise of the Beasts Scorponok in G1 Scorponok colors

If this seems out of my typical wheelhouse that's because it is. It started out as a digibash of G1 Pincher's inner robot mode (To go with my version of his outer shell from Kingdom Scorponok), but someone beat me to the punch... I probably could have still finished that, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to one-up anyone so I used the work I had put in and turned it into a different character. Tada!

It was a fun change of pace, I'm just glad things turned out as well as they did

[​IMG]
    Here's Authentics Optimus Primal in Optimus Minor colors

The original photo is by David Willis because no one told me that they've started releasing stock images of the Authentics figures in usable sizes and formats until AFTER I did this digibash. Oh well

He still turns into a gorilla instead of a monkey, but I think it would probably work fine if you gave him a plug-in tail accessory somehow. He'd just have a pretty disproportionate beast mode head, but that seems like a pretty small sacrifice to me

Next up is something I'm very proud of!
    [​IMG]
    Transformers Legacy Evolution Nautica from Autobot Devcon

Glad I waited to digibash Blurr into Nautica, I feel like this works so much better. Besides, I already digibashed Blurr into an aquatic character with Manta Ray, so it would have been slightly redundant. The two of them together definitely make an odd pair, but it still works somehow

I think you could actually plug the VTOL fans into the backpack for the sake of accuracy, but since I wasn't confident about that when i started the digibash I decided to default to the plugging them into the shoulders like on the Titans Return toy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  18. AJthecybermon64

They look great

19. Bombshock

Bombshock That autobot with a disability and a SANE mind...

I would Imagine how Adam Sandler would react to this....

20. XenoTK

Thanks for commenting! Sorry for disappearing for over a month! You know the whole shebang by now so let's get to the digibashes :p 

[​IMG]
    First up is Pretender Stranglehold from RotB Rhinox & RotB Rhinox!

Doing Stranglehold from Rhinox is an idea I've been wanting to do since I did Pincher from Kingdom Scorponok. The number of new rhinoceros molds in the Rise of the Beasts toyline (And the sheer number of stock photos) made me do things a bit differently than I planned, but the idea is basically the same.

You can apparently rotate the rhino head downward to give it a more humanoid silhouette, which would have the added benefit of further differentiating the character from Rhinox... But I don't know, maybe being a fleshy muscle man is enough to do that ;) 

[​IMG]
    So here's something a bit different... Senator Ratbat!

Now that we’ve got the Rise of Tyranny 2-Pack Ratbat we probably don’t need this Devcon digibash I started a while ago, but I still felt like it might be worthwhile to clean it up a bit just so that the time I spent on it didn’t go completely to waste.

While it lacks the wings, I always imagined it coming with a cloak piece to attach to the back... Which would probably improve the silhouette and comic accuracy anyway.

[​IMG]
    And lastly for today we have Pyro Ignatius Spark from Gamer Edition Optimus Prime!

I wasn't sure about using this mold for Pyro at first, especially because of the rounded front of the truck mode... But eventually I came around just due to the blocky bulk the figure has in robot mode, which is precisely what a proper LSotW Pyro needs

The funny thing is now that I've done this digibash I don't think the truck mode is much of a deal-breaker anymore. Sure, it would probably make a better homage with a remolded front, but it's not super necessary. Even though it's still a red truck that looks like Optimus Prime, just changing the accessories that plug in on top would probably give it a different enough energy to pass for a different character (An it's not like Pyro would mind looking too much like Optimus anyway)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10