Digibash: XenoTK’s Miscellaneous Digibash Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by XenoTK, Jul 1, 2016.

1. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

While posting digibashes on other sites more frequently, I've learned a lot about how to better present my ideas and concepts. As much fun as it is to come up with unique “themes” and in-depth storylines for every single thing it can be very time consuming and tedious at times. I will probably continue to come up with complex canon-relevant justifications for everything in this thread as well, but feeling like I need to do that for everything mostly just takes the fun out of sharing these ideas.

However none of the above will likely make much sense to you unless you've seen my old Armada thread and that's certainly not necessary. To make a long story short, anticipate themed and un-themed photoshop projects and basically everything in between in this thread.
    ---

This was done from before the official “Combiner Wars Magnaboss” was revealed, but considering that ended up being more of a Beast Wars themed Superion (With repurposed retail components and stickers) and there are still many intriguing alternatives people have come up with, I’ve decided it might still be worthwhile to post my ideas regardless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering the original figure had no designated torso component (It was made up of parts of all three robots) I decided to use someone different for the central bot. Lio Convoy has always had a strong connection with BWII Magnaboss and works great as a straight repaint of Hot Spot while Lio Convoy and Prowl are both Groove molds to homage their shared origin. All three of the Maximal Imperium are Deluxe molds so they can be equal Scramble City limb components and none of the three Maximal leaders is more crucial or “central” to the combination than the others.

[​IMG]

The final limb component was something couldn’t make up my mind on and both of them seemed decently appropriate (Despite the fact that Santon is probably too similar to Ironhide and Bantor only has a tenuous connection to Magnaboss in like one continuity anyway). I guess either Tigatron or Unit-3 could be used in their place since those actually exist in the real world… But what can I say? I liked all of my ideas too much to leave any of them out.

I've never personally had a problem with Prowl, Ironhide, & Silverbolt retroactively being the G1 guys, but that doesn't mean a unique combiner like Magnaboss should look like an Aerialbot arbitrarily combining with two S1 Autobots rather than his actual team IMO. So while I admit I’m biased towards my own interpretation and I’m biased against the official I still think that these ideas wouldn't have been that much harder for Hasbro or Fun Pub to pull off rather than what they actually gave us had they really wanted to.
    ---

For my inevitable probably too bizarre to reveal without sufficient backstory contribution to this post, here is “Car Robots/RiD2001 Shattered Glass”!

“In a universe where cruel Autobots have wiped out Cybertron’s technorganic fauna for sport, Earth is the last wildlife refuge for what remains of the Predacon race. However an elite team of Spy Changers have tracked them down and created an advanced Global Space Bridge network in secret. Now Autobot hunters can ambush their prey anytime and anywhere, leaving the Cybertronian beasts on the brink of annihilation once more. With desperate action needed, the Predacons must reawaken their ancient Decepticon protectors and make one last stand against extinction.”​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[In this continuity the Predacons we know are each members of their own species (Wartoads, Nightgliders, Cybersharks, etc…) so we can rest assured that none of the named characters from the anime ever actually have to be sacrificed despite the implications of the Autobots' choice in armor and weapons.]

I’m surprised the Beast Hunters toyline never actually got used officially for anything more macabre… The molds work surprisingly well for a dark twist on when the Predacons would cosplay as the Autobots.

I admit it doesn't completely fit the standard Shattered Glass theme perfectly, but it works as effective shorthand for a version of a pre-existing continuity where the Autobots are basically evil…
    ---

Okay that’s all for right now, but maybe this change in format will mean I can post stuff her far more frequently than I could when I only had my Armada themed digibash thread... Maybe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Neat, I'd love to see more.

3. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

I'm really digging that Magnaboss. And the idea of the Shattered Glass Autobots wearing Predacon skins is genius. Perhaps you could have X-Brawn wearing Gas-Skunk armour to complete the overall look. And Megatron could be Prime Predaking.

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    idea for ya bud, XBrawn in "Bruticus Armour"(the Cerberus) made from BH Bulkhead.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Loving how Magnaboss came out. :)  Prowl from the Groove mold works a lot better then I expected. Would have been cool if somehow Ironhide was from the Hot Spot mold since he sort of did make up most of Magnaboss's body in the original BW Magnaboss set but Lio convoy and Lio Jr makes sense too.

6. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Oh man, you are a genius! I love what you did with the RID Autobots basically wearing the Predacons' skins!

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This should have been this years BotCon set. It's fantastic.

8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 真破壊大帝

News Credits:
    Beautiful work on these.

9. Matthew22 37

Matthew22 37 Cyberverse Predacons

I am glad you are back with these new SG RID digibashes! A very awesome and unique SG theme. I cannot stop looking at the Cybershark Optimus Prime or TAI. I hope we can get some more goodness in this thread and the Armada thread.

X-brawn is a no brainer with Ratchet or Bulkhead. Could pack him in with more spychangers or commandos (from Centurion for an added twist).

10. XenoTK

Thanks everyone! I had a few more ideas for stuff under the "SG RiD" banner, but I wasn't sure about expanding the theme when I'm so prone to going overboard. However as long as people are interested, it couldn't hurt to keep it going just a little while longer.
    That's true however Ironhide formed the limbs originally so the idea of making him the torso seems a bit backwards to me. I entertained the idea of the practically redundant Santon mostly so least two of the limbs would be Ironhide-colored.

Lio Junior was the most important character of the BWII Magnaboss' components anyway, so it makes sense that the torso would be lion-themed. Lio Convoy already has a figure that transforms into a truck and a "father & son" combination (Something I don't think we've ever seen before in Transformers) just seems slightly more interesting than somewhat-arbitrarily upgrading one of the original three to full-torso status... But that might just be me.
    No-brainers were something I was actually trying to avoid since I could probably just keep an idea like this going forever, but I guess there's no getting around doing some kind of X-Brawn eventually.

I didn't even really consider the Commandos because I'm still waiting on a straightforward Combiner Wars Ruination (Still surprised that hasn't happened yet) and that's not an idea that really needs my input at this point. However if it did go in such a different direction at least it wouldn't seem like an attempt at a replacement for an official set of show-accurate Commandos later.

11. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    better idea for Centuritron use:
    Heavytread as Destructicon Bludgeon
    Runway as Wind Shear
    and Windshear as Obsidian

12. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

^ You might be onto something.

13. XenoTK

Sorry for not having much to show for the time away, I was having technical problems for a while... But I've already begun working on some stuff that will probably make the next update more substantial.

[​IMG]

You can probably guess that this is just a quick addition to my SG RiD concept to fill the glaring omission of X-Brawn (And Gas Skunk) from my previous digibashes. It’s a shame there’s no straightforward/affordable way of obtaining the Generations Scamper mold, otherwise it would be perfect customizer fodder for the car-bodied G2 Go-Bots and RiD Spy Changers.

Fun Fact: X-Brawn is based on an unfinished digibash for a Beast Hunters mold Rhinox that I gave up on along with some other Armada-themed ideas I might be more willing to return to someday (Most likely independent of the old thread). I may have not let this mold best me this time, but I still consider it to be slightly cursed
    [​IMG]

---
    [​IMG]

The Tremorcons were Decepticons who were destroyed long ago, but Megatron has since decided to make a "Second Generation" of the team with new members. Why Megatron has chosen to recreate a failed subgroup is certainly a mystery, but the fact that he has chosen the similarly-named Quake and Earthquake as candidates for its leadership is even more mysterious. Especially considering the two confusingly named Decepticons have a history of insubordination and embarrassing defeats, but Earthquake and Quake nonetheless take their chance at command very seriously. Unfortunately the Nebulans Tiptop and Heater are stuck right in the crossfire of their power struggle…​

This idea is kind of hard to explain, you know how Scoop’s partner figures got re-used for the rest of the new Decepticon Double Targetmaster figures and his base mold didn’t get much love?

Actually it’s not that hard to explain

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Interesting! How about Sinnertwin from Twinferno? And Blot/Rippersnapper from Gnaw?

15. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Love that Quake. If I get my hands on Nightbeat and another Hardhead I may try a repaint.

16. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    more rid 2001 themed repaints pls

except for gasskunk/stinkbomb, which looks way too simmilar both the ebast wars and the rid versions
    you can still do super sideburn with spittor tm2 armor
    and prowl with nightglider armor(since the one you used is darkscream XD)
    also name them like their japanese counterparts(maybe, swap the names) speedbreaker with spittor armor, and mach alert with...o_O  armor
    maybe you can still do something with x-brawn(wildride in japanese) though i dont know exactly what)

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Quake we're getting in Titans Returns looks something like that.

also the Spychangers from the Scamper mold is perfect.

18. XenoTK

Thanks for commenting everyone, I appreciate it :D 
    Good luck with that!
    I hadn't even thought about the Super Mode decos, combining that concept with the colors of the original TM2 figures is certainly a workable idea. Though the beauty of the setting is that the Predacons have "Species" that separate them into animal-based subgroups like the Decepticons in the new RiD, so while Side Burn may have armor that's based on Slapper's appearance it is more likely the product of coincidentally similar Wartoad quarry. Thus "Wartoad Armor" can be used to describe any kind of frog-based weaponry, which was the whole point because the words Slapper, Spittor, and Gushar make for terrible adjectives in this context...
    Haha is there really a rumored Quake from the Hardhead mold? I'll bet I probably read about that and then promptly forgot about it before my brain spontaneously came up with this idea.

The shame is that the real thing will inevitably just use one of his Targetmasters as the basis for his Titan Master and there won't be any room to homage his forgotten history as a Vehicon General. I can't wait for the reveal of "Landquake with Decepticon Heat-Or" :lol 

19. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really love your SG RID Concept, mostly because I've always thought that it would be a good idea for other-continuity SG universe's to branch out of the standard idea.

I kinda wish this could be a set somewhere..only no purple symbols on the spychangers, too good for repourposing :D 

20. Matthew22 37

Matthew22 37 Cyberverse Predacons

X-brawn and the spychangers look awesome. I am so glad that you finished the Car Bros.

The Tremorcons look cool as well; I feel as if Rumble, Frenzy would make themselves at home with this fictional team. Add Landquake and you would have the almighty Quakers!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016