Xbox LIVE, Negative Feedback?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Dec 26, 2007.

1. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

I really hate it when assholes give you negative feedback for quitting early when it's because of them being poor sportsmen. Happened to me all the time on SF2T when people with shitty connections would choose E. Honda and spam the hundred hand slap knowing their connection would make the game laggy as hell. There's nothing you can do against that and I refuse to give them the satisfaction of winning.

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

it sucks that there's no moderation for the feedback but eh. i got tons of negative feedbacks from playing DOA.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I stopped playing that game online because people could quit right up to a minute after your victory and the match would not be counted. The game got two updates (that I know of) and they never fixed it.

I looked at my rep last night and I have some negative feedback for being unsportsman like and quitting early.

I suppose "unsportsmanlike" is subjective, but I have never quit a game early. Never.

Somehow, I still have 5 stars on my rep, though. Whatever.

4. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I generally leave feedback only if really compelled to do so. I also try to leave positive feedback for friends. I've been avoided for aggressive behavior (even though I tend to suck online), and language (I rarely curse if at all possible).

Personally, I think it's douchebags that you've either beaten online and it's their way to get back at you that usually leave negative feedback. They can't beat you in a contest, so they try and make you look like a disreputable person to others who view your profile. That's my theory on it.

Basically, if you're really annoying whether it be verbally or in in-game actions, I'll leave you negative feedback.

What I don't understand on XBL is the "gamerzone" options. I have mine set for "family", a setting that should (according to XBL) pair me up with people who don't tend to curse, aren't overly aggressive, etc. I think this is the most pointless feature of XBL.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Your stars will still go up with Negative feedback. I left a guy negative feedback and it took him from the 3 stars to the 4.9 stars

6. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I got 20% trashtalk on my feedback, which is funny because my mic port on my controller hasn't worked for over a year.

If you play online, you'll get bad feedback whether you deserve it or not. I only use it to report cheating and overly annoying trashtalkers.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    People trashtalking and taking out there anger on the Internet, who would have thunk it.

Not surprising though, though as smangerbot points out I'm surprised there isnt some sort of moderation or control over this.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i think xbl feedback does nothing, it is just so we can feel vindicated when the inevitable time comes that someone pisses us off. its part and parcel of online gaming, its competitive and some people are just bad sports. god knows i've been infuriated more than once. but i only use feedback to give my friends positive reviews, or to avoid cable pullers.

9. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

If Maplestory taught me anything, it's that most people who play online games really shouldn't be allowed to.

10. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I have:
    Overly Agressive
    Unsporting Conduct (No idea why)
    Quit Early

Nothing on communications.

11. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Feedback doesn't do anything on Microsoft's side. Its main use is to add players to an avoid list so Xbox Live will 99.9% of the time not match you with those players. Theres not even a way to see other people's feedback ratings.

12. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:

CC plz!
    (shudders)

It does in some way, or it may just be coincidence
    A friend of mine loves to trashtalk in halo 3 and one night he was just being an ass to everyone in every game we were playing. I remember he told me his rating dropped 25% in the night and the next day, he was banned for a month for trashtalking.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think it is just there so you can feel like you have selected the best zone for yourself. Of course, players are not segregated into those zones at all.

14. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Everyone loves me.

15. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    100% for me too, but I only have 4 stars. Come on guys leave me some "good" feedback.