X2 Toys Skycrusher (Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Sep 30, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this not-Skyfire?

1. No.

53.7%
  2. Maybe...

26.2%
  3. Yes!

20.1%
  1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm irritated with the new head. It falls apart to the touch. So much so, I can't really figure out how to transform it.

Can someone who has transformed the new head take some 360 degree pics so I can figure out either how to transform or if my Mini head is misassembled?

I'm pretty sure it's user error!

Edit... Crammed it in. Bent the knees backwards. Pretty irritating. New head falls apart and is a piece of crap. Makes me more irritated than before. They should have just done a solid block head if they couldn't figure out a way to do a good head.

I give the new head a 2/10.

@x2toys... Very poor execution.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    A shame. Skycrusher got a lot of good reviews, which is kind of a surprised because x2toys' Autobot Clones are unmitigated disasters. The only reason I haven't put them in the trash pile with Xovergen Trailerforce God Armor WTFBBQ is that they're ONLY made of sun-dried kraft singles and are 90% unidentifiable non-euclidian lovecraftian joints and not leprosy and orphan tears like Trailerforce.

Looks like they dipped back into the wells of shrieking untransformable madness for their Skycusher head "upgrade".

Sadness.

• Like Like x 5
  3. xcorpeo

xcorpeo Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was just as annoyed as you. For the loose joints, I thickened all the balls with a layer of superglue, and then also added a fine layer of the superglue to the rims of the sockets. Everything is tight now. The old head is a good measure of how tight the joints should be. Managed to get him into the requisite "crotch thrust" pose

PSX_20190730_131509.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. rubadubspawn

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Don't get me wrong... Skycrusher as a whole figure is pretty awesome. Even the original head sculpt while ugly, at least has 2 eyes and a mouth, and I think is made up for by the hefty toy, with great presence, size, and transformation and articulation.

The new head, maybe I just had expected them to come out swinging with a same or better head than the original. Instead it's a floppy mess that falls apart. The new head sculpt is better, but only marginally say like a 7/10. Good enough I guess, but super irritating that the whole body falls apart. When I can't even transform a simple headmaster, you know either I or the figure has problems...

• Like Like x 1
  5. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Has anyone thought about just taking the face of the new head and just putting it on a HasTak Titanmaster?

I'd love to do so... but I'm getting zero help from my retailer in getting the replacement head.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

I'm am considering getting maybe this or Siege Jetfire. Siege Jetfire looks great but is so big. Despite the terrible faces on X2 figure the rest of him looks so good and I like the size better. Do normal leader sized Titans Return heads fit in this guy then? Which would you guys recommend, X2 or Siege?

I have some OS third party headmasters of Mindwipe and his crew and Brainstorm and his crew. I wonder if they would fit? I'll try them on a leader class TR figure. I might be able to find a replacement head I like.

7. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got it in place of SIEGE too, also due to the size. Both are good toys though quite different.

Official heads have no issue fitting, you can skim through the thread for example pics, here's one set by 928 Toys
    X2 Toys Skycrusher (Skyfire)
    My personal opinion is that the new head looks good enough, though the titanmaster is quite flimsy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BreakSilence

How is the build quality? Does it feel like a Titan's Return figure or is it better quality? I understand it has die cast parts?

9. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    It’s a brick, great solid heavy

• Like Like x 2
  10. Junkmech

Junkmech Trashcan on Legs

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    All this talk of the new head is a bummer. I was stoked that he was getting a new headmaster but it turns out not getting it was fine! I personally ordered a replacement face off Ebay for pretty cheap then just super glued it onto the stock headmaster. The face pops right off after all. Thinking of removing the magnet from the body but I'm unsure.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had Skycrusher. Fantastic build and very heavy BUUUUUT it looks like an amateur attempt at imitating Hasbro's cheap tricks of their Combiner Wars era to save on plastic.

I sold Skycrusher the moment I saw the first video of the Siege Jetfire. Very glad I did. The figure looks fantastic and it's very fun to handle. The Hasbro built quality is not up to the same standard as the X2 but I like a lot more an awesome figure to display and play with than a well build ugly brick.

12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    So, having a storage closet literally overflowing with toys (two stacks of boxes that don't fit inside the storage closet), I decided to be more strict with my collecting and get rid of some extraneous figures like Sky Crusher. It seemed like an easy cull what with the excellent Siege toy fresh in my collection and the straight up garbage replacement head rotting in a parts bin. So I pulled it out to dust off, transformed it, posed it to enjoy his ridiculously good articulation one last time and....I couldn't do it. It's too good of a toy. I fell in love with it all over again. So on my shelf he remains. *sigh*

• Like Like x 6
  13. BreakSilence

Fair enough. The only ugly bit to me is the head which can be replaced. The rest of him looks really good. If it didn't look as good as it does I wouldn't consider this over Siege.

Where I am, X2 is cheaper than the Siege figure which is also a reason I'm considering Sky Crusher.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FattyMoBookyBut

FattyMoBookyBut Well-Known Member

I have a gaggle of Skyfires including X2 and Siege and the following is my opinion:

X2 has the build materials and quality-assuring heft, but I like everything better about Siege Skyfire in the aesthetics department and therefore he looks better in-hand, on a desk, shelf or wherever. Both of his modes are incredible. X2 is very nice but is a little too blocky here and little too plain there. He looks like he's a 5 year old figure. And the head is literally the cherry on top...that X2 completely bungled a 2nd time. You could always wait for the inevitable KO version of Siege, but if you're not a stickler about diecast parts, then I'd go with Siege.

X2 is awesome in it's own very special way, but also doesn't really fit in with anything else in my collections besides some Titan Returns Leader figures. He is super cool. But Siege really ticks all the boxes for a Skyfire figure.

I just got the Visualizers this week and that looks absolutely spot on. Plus I won't have to worry about separation anxiety between god bombers head and body. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

No prob bro.
    carry on...

16. rubadubspawn

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That head looks pretty good. Got a link? Looks almost like one of the Takara Inferno or Grapple heads.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Junkmech

Junkmech Trashcan on Legs

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I believe it is actually reverse engineered from the Takara Inferno head.
    X-2 Toys JETFIRE SKYCRUSHER UPGRADE NEW FACE WHITE | eBay here's the link, it's also available in gray. Looks like the price has gone up 2 or 3 dollars since I bought it though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FT > Siege >> X2

19. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Do what I did... swap the new face to the old v1 Headmaster ;)  You will need to mod it a bit to work, but doable!

The added articulation really works against the v2 Headmaster at this scale, and I feel is complicating things and totally unnecessary. The original is much more solid and really just all-around better.

SAM_0254_2.jpg
    SAM_0253_2.jpg

Major thanks to @Rewind for helping me acquire the new Headmaster... even if I only used part of it. You rock!!

SAM_0258_2.jpg
    SAM_0261_2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If either FT Phoenix or Siege Skyfire can pull off better sizing than this for CHUG I'd sure like to see it :) 

SAM_0264_2.jpg

• Like Like x 4