X-Transbots Springer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Welp, guess I've found my Springer barring any potential official release.

2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

One other thing I love about this is the addition of headlights to Springer's car mode. It adds something which wasn't there originally while still allowing him to look exactly like he's supposed to when they're closed. Genius!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

After seeing all of these side by side, I think I like the one on the far left the most!

If XTB could reduce the height in car mode and subsequently in helicopter mode, it would be my second choice, followed by FTs whose auto mode leaves a lot to desire, two rear quarter panels worth to be exact.

4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FTs needs to get out the Season 3 game, XTB makes their designs look amateurish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Love the design but, X-Trans has got to dump their current hand designs. Those finicky, broken up shapes look bad next to the refined forms of the season 3 cast. Stands out alot on Eligos and Andras and really bugs me here too.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO the order of the best makers of fully articulated hands.

1. FansToys
    2. KFC
    3. XTB

7. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To me the two front runners in terms of looks are FT and XTB. Here's an edited down version of the comparison chart (and thanks to the guy/gal that made the original!)

note: I think FT has updated their alt modes so the front is more accurate now, but I was too lazy to grab those images.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. msol

msol Well-Known Member

Spot on, catch22. None of the others quite catch the curves of Dery designs. Sadly I much prefer the FT alt modes and the XTB bot mode. Argggg.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    This looks fantastic ...

The question being though...!

When will this figure ever see the light of day? :( 

Here's hoping we get some solid, accurate dates for their Galvatron and Kup.

10. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bot mode XTB wins by a mile
    Vehicle Mode XTB wins
    Copter mode both are equally good

• Like Like x 3
  11. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

XTB nails the bottom of the legs, that trapezoidal shape around the top of the foot, and the sides of the leg going nearly to the ground. FT's feet look like they are just stuck on the bottom of a rectangular blocked lower leg. That might seem like a nitpick, but that shape goes a long way toward making the feet look like the animation and not just an afterthought. The more I look at the pics, I simply can't unsee FT's terrible feet. I like the rest of FT's effort, but XTB continues to nail the overall aesthetic.

The XTB haters will continue to moan about minor/non-existent qc problems of other figures (while ignoring the failings of FT, MMC, MT, and BC), but there's no denying that XTB translates the character/bot aesthetics to toy form better than anyone currently in the 3P market, hands down.

• Like Like x 5
  12. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    +1
    These are absolutely my thoughts!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    XTB has definitely done the best job on bot mode. Although we need to see the back, mainly to know about the kibble situation. In terms of alt modes, though... I'm not sure. I think both FT and OpenPlay have a better handle on the alt modes than the XTB design. Also I'm really worried about how intensive and well-locked together the XTB figure will be. That and price are all that has kept me from picking up Andras and Eligos.

Springer-wars have gotten pretty extreme. I wonder if we'll see any more competitors. :lol 

Also I really want to see some more S3 designs/wars. Need more Arcee, Blurr, and Hot/Rodimus.

14. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. XTB does great Season 3 bot modes, but FT crushes them on a regular basis in terms of character aesthetics and everything else, especially in the recent releases where they've improved their faces. However, right now XTB Springer is nailing the post-movie "rounded" nature of the character much better than FT's. The same cannot be said of the alt modes, of course, and the forearms are too dinky, but in that chart XTB's robot mode definitely matches the character model the best.

I suspect that will not last once FT gets a couple rounds of feedback changes into their design, but for now this FT fanboy puts XTB in the lead.

15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    XTrans BUT.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Still like FT's better.

17. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Just like apollyon was the best and only choice for actual money worthy megatron, but, I still love and prefer my apollyon to the others, well until the official comes out which I'm hyped for. I got Allen which is the only triple UT did awesome on. I'd bet XTB takes my money for springer. I passed on Cyclonus for now, qc and cockpit updates in the future I hope.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

OMG this is the best Springer and it is not even close. If XTB lowered the rotor section to be flush with the cockpit it would be perfect. They even greatly fixed the car mode. Would still like them to incorporate and expandable cockpit for car mode but this is amazing. Also because of hands probably too difficult to have the flip up forearm cannons.

19. msol

msol Well-Known Member

Yep, I love that they're the only ones who "get" that the S3 legs are closer to 70s and 80s flared pants than anything else.

Get that rotor section lower and lengthen the windshield and it wins just about everything.

20. davidsix

davidsix Well-Known Member

FT's will be out before this is released, so going with FT. Shit even FT's Scourge and Cyclonus will be out before this. XTB Cyclonus what felt like forever to release and still has qc issues.

• Like Like x 1