X-Transbots Springer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I for one really hope this still does become a reality, multiple versions or not, I feel like XTB's is most toon accurate in all 3 modes and for someone like me who collects the more toon look, I'd really like to see this thing still happen. COME ON XTB! Don't fail us!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dugger

Dugger Sofa King Cool.

Yeah, and so does Fantoys Berserk for $144.99. FansToys FT-21 - Berserk
    That doesn't make it real.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have no doubt that xtb still plans to do this figure (though plans don't necessarily equal results). If I had to guess, I'd say they probably put him and Abaddon on the back burner because there are multiple competing versions of both characters. Better to give it time and let the fervor for those versions die down and for stock to run out while they focus on characters that don't have competing versions yet. Which it's why they're focusing so hard on their Stunticons - they're the only company with more than one of the set out. But, given how many people we've seen in the xtb stunticon thread who've picked up FT's Roadking or said they're going to, xtb can't rest until the whole set it out - even four figures deep into the set, some people are wavering and buying from they're competitors.

I'd like to see this Springer become a reality. I still don't have a Springer and, from the renders, I like XTB's design the best. But on the other hand, I don't really like Springer so, if they never get around to it, I'll probably just pick up OpenPlay's and stick him in the back of my shelf.

I'd also like to see them finish Abaddon, though I already own Sovereign and have no intention of replacing him. What I would do, though, is buy a Marvel colors version of him since FT can't seem to be bothered to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else remembers this?
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure this was at the painted test shot stage and it simply vanished. I still really like the hyper-realistic alt mode.
    Abaddon, Virtus, Dante... @ibot has a few figures like this

• Like Like x 5
  5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good point. I'd forgotten him. I wonder if ibot would say he's still in the works if asked. He's specifically said, recently, that Abaddon is still planned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Looks wise XTB's Springer ticks all the boxes for me over the others. If this ever sees the light of day, and XTB manages to bring the quality, it's a no-brainer purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem with this version is the huge backpack. I wish they could have worked some magic to reduce its size, but well it is what it is. I still don't think there's a really cartoon accurate Springer in the market.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmn, what's the story @ibot? Is Dante still on the schedule or has he been abandoned? I'd love to know once and for all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

3 Infernos available = xbt Inferno on hold
    2 Galvatrons available = xtb Galvatron on hold
    4 Springers available = xtb Springer on hold?

Honestly, shouldn't Abbadon come out before anything else from xtb? What is going on over there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Stuck in Limbo...

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    we have heard in the past that xtb don't only produce toys in their factories so stuff gets pushed back obviously because the other contracts pull in more money so they take priority ... the toy production just seems to be more of a hobby for keith and the team

inferno i think got pushed right back due to the really good one we got from takara ( that's the most logical reason why )

galvatron probably got pushed back because of the fanstoys one ( maybe )

springer we have seen movement in the last year as we have also seen with kup and i think motormaster will take priority over those 2

that's just pure speculation tho

12. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Pretty sure someone said Springer is in line after the Stunticons and Kup, but this was many moons ago.

13. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not saying this is reliable but based on Seaspray, Baba on ebay posted pre-orders for Springer. If things go the way that Seaspray did, Springer is set for end of the year and is coming. At this point, its one of those "time will tell" situations.

I agree with the above post, this is the most cartoon accurate thus far, especially on the alt modes but if XTB hits it with metallic paint, I'm out.

14. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

After seeing the pics of this guy... glad I passed on FT Apache and MMC Saltus. Saltus looks really good too... but this is more toon accurate. Nice head and face sculpt too.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Your speculation is accurate.

The Stunticons had their priority changed after one of the CAD designs was stolen. I think that's been for the best overall, though. Sucks for the other projects.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scrimble Citybots

Scrimble Citybots What if Mirage's one-shot wasn't just a dream???

Interesting! I can get behind all that, except that I would question whether XTB and Takara Infernos are in competition, given the level of detail in the XTB Vehicle mode?

I think you're right about Sovereign shutting down Abaddon, but while I know people LOVE the Sov, it has so many weird bits with questionable materials and proportions: the feet, hands, lower legs, tank treads (uergh...) that I think XTB should persist with Abaddon. I love XTB's use of diecast in their minibots -- so well done. I think Sovereign just blows people away because its signature features: the face, chest and gun, make such a good impression.

If XTB get the diecast balance right with Springer's alt modes, I will be all-in. I just *know* they'll get those chest proportions right where the others have stuffed it! (until then, shoutouts to my reprolabelled Big Spring what I love...)

• Like Like x 1
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

XTB/KFC has shown ample proof they will delay something forever but get it out. Sovereign has nothing to do with Abaddon. Springer, Kup, and a dozen other figures in front did. Abaddon is still promised. I am still pissed at Dante and DaVinci being further delayed but iBot promised these. They were delayed because of Takara but will eventually get out. The bigger issue is that last year we got 3 figures all at the same time and then nothing. We are about to get Seaspray after Deathwish/Overheat. 3 figures a year will never solve their problems. If we get Springer, Kup, and Gravestone by 2020 Q1 that is something positive. Instead we are getting massive repaints and reissues. TFCon is going to tell you if it is repaints or progress.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scrimble Citybots

Scrimble Citybots What if Mirage's one-shot wasn't just a dream???

That's pretty convincing luckyman. Is it more that there are no repaints for Abaddon that it hasn't been finished? Repaints have been OTT huh... I'm glad that Saltus did well as it shows every company the market can support multiple interpretations for different pockets and looks etc. Can't wait til someone fills the pocket of an actual good Springer lol.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

XTB has had a long problem with manufacturing engineering teams being able to cross the finish line. It appears they have 1 that can and maybe another that can’t on these type of jobs. It has really slowed everything down looking from the outside. 598 can finish 20 designs and resin prototypes can be available but if the engineering team cannot get the plastics, molds, hardware and tolerances right for assembly then none of it really matters. All of the last 15-20 releases I have had including Eligos and Ditka have have been good but like Fans Toys it takes more time. To me it is still a skills resource problem. They have too much money sitting on the shelf and maybe that is also why they haven’t been able to fix it. It looks like all of these reissues are meant to fix the piggy bank.

20. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I think it's wrong to assume they are to fix a piggy bank, we don't know their financial state. I think the re-issues make sense, if figures on the second hand market are fetching over and above their original RRP (Klaatu, Boost, Arkose all were) Then why not put push out re-issues before alternatives come out, it's almost guaranteed sales.

Keep in mind, X-Transbots parent company is X-Plastics, they have their own factories unlike other companies which should be good right ? But maybe XTB is just a passion project that fits in and around when the factory has capacity, maybe that's what causes their delays